Can someone tell me the difference between a page view and a page impression? My site stats say I have x number of page views. I use adsense on these pages and they say x number of page impressions. The google number is almost double the page views. How is this possible?

Thanks for all you help,

Spider Man

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Spider Man:
    Can someone tell me the difference between a page view and a page impression? My site stats say I have x number of page views. I use adsense on these pages and they say x number of page impressions. The google number is almost double the page views. How is this possible?

Thanks for all you help,

Spider Man <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Page views are how many time you page was called for viewing...

page impressions are how many times the components (usually images) of your page are called forviewing...

uniques visitors are how many different visitors you had. usually counted my IP addresses.

as for the google number... some tracking software track search engines seprately and not as part of the other stats...

for example... AWSTATS doesnt count SEs as actual page views... it pulls them out into a separate stat.

hope this helps.

JOe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread