New Company....Which Affiliate Network???
    Hey everyone, I could use some help. I've been on the publisher side of AM for some time now but have partnered with a new start-up to help them gain exposure online. I'm trying to decide which affiliate network would be best to use to start an affiliate program. I'm fairly familiar with the quality of many of the major ones, but I'm just wondering which would be the best fit since it is a B2B program. It is also subscription based software. Check it out and let me know if any networks come to mind that would be a good fit. I guess I'm looking for the best network that deals the most with B2B and software? www.easybeeper.com Thanks!

Clarification: will the merchant be promising a "one-time" referral fee or a recurring payment -- and what contingencies will apply? (For example, maybe the merchant will pay affiliates 30% of the monthly fees collected, or perhaps the payout will be a flat $100 bounty on signup [since the merchant charges a $100 setup fee up-front, apparently non-refundable] or perhaps a flat amount after the customer has paid for their second month of service.) Handling recurring payments is more complex, and likewise it can be time-consuming to manage the program if there are contingencies that will require "holds" or reversals on affiliate payments. There was a discussion of the "recurring payment" issue just last week.

There's ample advice in these forums on selecting an affiliate network, and about managing an affiliate program, recruiting affiliates, etc. (I strongly recommend to new merchants that you should start by reading past discussions here in the ABW forums (starting with this 'Starting...' forum plus the 'Merchant Best Practices' forum) -- for 10-15 hours -- before asking questions that will just duplicate what other people asked and answered last week, last month, and last year.)

I've also shared some of my own advice (see the "free affiliate-program advice for merchants" link in my signature, below).

Although a moderator will probably remove the link to your client's URL since it's against the rules, I did take a moment to look at the site. The first place I looked was the "About Us" and "Contact Us" pages, which don't contain any contact information (company name, owners' or executives' names, mailing or office address, email address, or telephone number). I find it especially surprising that a company that is offering a service to receive and process telephone messages doesn't provide a telephone number! As a result, the site lacks any credibility (for consumers and for web publishers who might consider becoming affiliates).

I assume that this is a "reseller" or "white label" for another existing service in this niche. I don't really understand the "value proposition" offered -- what is this merchant's "unique selling proposition" or advantage?
    Last edited by markwelch; February 2nd, 2010 at 12:57 PM.

Thanks for your reply. I'll def look into the other posts for a while. I understand your comments about the site but it isn't done yet. I was just getting a head start on some research. I understand I need to answer the questions you mentioned at the beginning of your post. I guess I was just wondering if any networks came to mind from affiliates that work with B2B software so I could look into them. Thanks.

http and a telephoto
    Hi JD, the threads to start with are the ones stickied in the Merchant Best Practices, which are here:

http://abestweb.com/bestpractices

You already found the "Starting" forum. I don't think that the network matters with B2B or B2C, there are many affiliates that do both at all the networks.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread