Colorado: HB-1193 pass final
    Colorado HB-1193 sponsors: Representative Pommer (Boulder); also Senator Heath(Boulder)

Final result: YES 33 NO: 32

Acree N Gerou N McFadyen Y Ryden Y Apuan Y Hullinghorst Y McKinley Y Scanlan N Balmer N Judd Y McNulty N Schafer S. Y
    Baumgardner N Kagan N Merrifield Y Solano Y Benefield Y Kefalas N Middleton Y Sonnenberg N
    Bradford N Kerr A. Y Miklosi Y Soper Y Casso Y Kerr J. N Murray N Stephens N
    Court Y King S. N Nikkel N Summers N Curry N Labuda Y Pace Y Swalm N
    DelGrosso N Lambert N Peniston Y Tipton N Ferrandino Y Levy Y Pommer Y Todd Y Fischer Y Liston N Primavera Y Tyler Y
    Frangas Y Looper N Priola N Vaad N Gagliardi Y Massey N Rice N Vigil Y
    Gardner B. N May N Riesberg Y Waller N Gardner C. N McCann Y Roberts N Weissmann Y Speaker(Terrance Carroll) Y

The house is made of: 37 (D) 27 (R) 1(I)
    All (R) and (I) voted against.
    The following 4 dems voted against:

Rice (Littleton; my rep; Denver Technolgy center)

Kefalas (Fort Collins; was on committee hearing)

Kagan (Denver3; was on committee hearing)

Scanlan (Dillon is a Home Rule Municipality in Summit County)

Links:

Find Colorado Districts:

House districts:
    http://comaps.org/cohouse.html

Senate districts: http://comaps.org/cosenate.html

This map did not work for me (browser issue?): http://comaps.org/allsearch.html

Colorado Dems:

http://www.coloradodems.org/content/view/824/99/

Colorado General Assembly site:

To find your house district number:

http://comaps.org/cohouse.html

--- Committee Hearing votes 1/27 ----

DelGrosso No

Frangas Yes

Gerou No

Kagan Yes

Kefalas Yes

Labuda Yes

Roberts No

Summers No

Swalm No

Benefield Yes

Judd Yes (Chair)

Passed 6/5 (party lines)

So Kefalas and Kagan changed their minds. Their no votes would have stopped it at committee. Shame.

I wonder if it weighs on them that it shouldn't have got got past committee.

Good job getting to your rep Rice enough that he felt compelled to actually speak out against his party's bill.

Take him to lunch. He's got nobody eat with.

Quote Originally Posted by sjangro
    So Kefalas and Kagan changed their minds. Their no votes would have stopped it at committee. Shame.

I wonder if it weighs on them that it shouldn't have got got past committee.

Good job getting to your rep Rice enough that he felt compelled to actually speak out against his party's bill.

Take him to lunch. He's got nobody eat with.
    You could tell what he did was difficult for him. They will give him a hard time. Joe Rice is a great guy. See his bio, a lot of experience in many sectors including army: http://www.votejoerice.com/biography

I had talked to McNulty before and he had said he would vote with No - but he is republican. Middleton clearly did not understood the issue and I actually doubt that she had read the bill at all. From my email conversation with her, it made the impression she was relying on information passed on to her from other dems. Primavera pretty much send me a form letter telling me that she only listens to concerns from people in her district. Also have the impression that she still believes Al Gore invented the Internet ...

Al Gore aside...

You raised an important point. Most politicians are not interested in what outsiders have to say about issues that affect their constituents, and if they feel that they are being flooded by outsiders to the point where they can't hear their own people, they will shut down.

If you don't live in Colorado, or whatever state is serving up the advertising tax du jour, be careful you don't make matters worse by pestering the wrong people. Hook up with constituents from a congressperson's district whenever possible, and let them be the voice. Organization is key.

Not to say that non-residents shouldn't speak up, don't get me wrong. But it's important to do it in a way that's effective.
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

Anyone up for breakfast tomorrow morning? I'll be at the hearing at 9.30 AM. Coming from the southern part of the metro area (either by car or lightrail). We can meet somewhere for coffee, food, and chat before heading over to the capitol.

this is sort of a guess (after hearing a few things here and there), it appear the package (in which 1193 is located) originated with (or from) recommendation from the Governor's Office.

The only way to stop this, appears to be with one of the governor's office formal/informal approval, then the dems in the Senate might let go. That is probably why they seem to listen but not really and maybe why they gave us a 33/32 (which is the same result as 65/0).

I've mostly given up on this (limit my "lobbying" work to a few hours a day) and have already rush ordered the creation of a Florida corporation. I order the "hand delivery same day" service, it was not cheap $850. I have a handyman coming this week to fix a few cosmetic things and will contact realtors early next week (maybe end of this week). Bye bye Colorado...
    Last edited by delsol; February 4th, 2010 at 12:24 AM.

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    Testifying Today
    I'll be testifying before the Senate Finance Committee today. The hearing starts at 10 am, and HB-1193 is third on the agenda.

Everyone is invited to attend and show their opposition to this bill.

We'll be in the Legislative Services Building, Room A. It's just south of the Capitol building.

Quote Originally Posted by delsol
    this is sort of a guess (after hearing a few things here and there), it appear the package (in which 1193 is located) originated with (or from) recommendation from the Governor's Office.
    In case you haven't seen this form letter being put out by the ABA:

http://bookweb.org/advocacy/salestax..._template.html

Also, the e-fairness page from the ABA:
    http://bookweb.org/advocacy/salestax.html
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread