Aplus.Net - anyone else have issues?
    Does anyone else here promote Aplus.net? I have a Web design service and in January I referred two clients to get hosting service with them, and they got it through my link, yet, CJ is not reflecting any sales (they registered the clicks, but not the actual sale) ... I know the transactions were completed because they gave me the FTP information to upload the sites I made. I emailed the affiliate manager twice in the last two weeks and have not received a response. It is a little frustrating because I could have referred the clients to any hosting company and I have several I promote that don't have these issues, but I wanted to see what Aplus was like since they had decent pricing with no set up fees and allow their customers to go month to month.

So far not a good start, but I am hoping that it is just something that gets worked out - anyone else have similar experience?

ABW Ambassador
    Its very common with hosting vendors on CJ and elsewhere. They come up with many answers as to why a sale didn't get credited.

I did receive a contact back and they are trying to investigate it, so we will see ... hope it all works out, they seem like a good company to promote otherwise ... I hate the thought of affiliates in general not crediting me sales that I would not know about, but on the same token, I always get credited for things I was not expecting so I guess it balances out. We work so hard to build and promote, I hope these cases are minimal in general ... have not really had any problems before (that I know of!) - if I do inquire, it generally gets credited and AM are very nice to work with (in general!) ...

This has been happening since Aplus started its 50% off program. Ever since they lowered price from 9.99 to 4.99 on biz plan its got 0 chance to credit.

They obviously removed the tracking once they made the changes!

That is interesting ... you know the clicks registered in my CJ account, but the sales did not. I did get credited from the affiliate manager of the 2 sales I knew of - she was very nice about it ... obv if there were any sales that I didn't know of they are lost in space. I am nervous about promoting them because I am not sure if their clicks will register now ... seems like a good produce and affiliate support is good and timely for the most part ... I'll probably just end up referring clients to sign up for the next few referrals so I can see what happens ...

Affiliate Manager
    Aplus.net
    Hey affiliates – Aplus.net here
    With the current 50% off Business Hosting promotion, some affiliates have reported that they did not receive commissions for transactions on the Business Plan. We are working on fixing this through Commission Junction but in the meantime, if you were affected, please email us your transaction details at marketing@aplus.net or via the Commission Junction mailbox. We will verify and ensure all affiliates received earned commissions.

If you have comments for us, please don’t hesitate to share. We’re in the process of revamping and updating this program and appreciate all feedback on what you, our affiliates, would like to see in the new program.
    Thank you spunk999 for bringing this issue to our attention!

ABW Ambassador
    How would an affiliate know about transactions if they weren't reported in the first place.

Affiliate Manager
    Aplus.net
    If you suspect that you have not received a commission, contact us and we will investigate it with you directly. We can work directly with CJ and affiliates to determine and payout qualified commissions.

ABW Ambassador
    "We are working on fixing this through Commission Junction"

If it's a known problem then isn't everybody affected and you should investigate every affiliate in your program? Like Sam Park mentioned, there's no way to know on our end what transactions aren't going thru unless they're our own or ones we've witnessed ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Aplus.net View Post
    If you suspect that you have not received a commission, contact us and we will investigate it with you directly. We can work directly with CJ and affiliates to determine and payout qualified commissions.
    The original poster knew of 2 transactions that didn't track because they were personally involved with the customers. We don't have any insight into the majority of sales that come from our sites so there would be no way for an affiliate to know about orders that didn't track in most cases.

Now think about this; what are the odds that the only orders that didn't track were the 2 orders that the affiliate knew about? Very unlikely.

Our job is to send you visitors that are interested in your product or services. Your job is to accurately track, report and pay commissions on affiliate sales. We have no insight into these sales, we have to trust merchants to be honest AND competent.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread