Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Last time I filled up it was $1.96 a gal. for regular.

Two days ago I recieved a letter from a friend of mine the in Irac at the moment. In his letter he mentioned that for a gallon of gas over there, the current going price is, get this, $0.11 per gallon. Food for thought....

2.05 in minneapolis

ABW Ambassador
    $1.94 for reg. unleaded in Kalispell, MT

We're at $2.19. From what I've heard, we're paying for that gas in Iraq. I think we're paying a Haliburton subsidiary more money per gallon than they are charging on the retail side. That's the great thinking that's pushing up our deficit.

ABW Ambassador
    My van broke down the day before Easter Sunday. The engine is in pieces in a part-time repair shop up the road. I told the guy there's no rush because I'd just as soon bicycle everywhere.

I'm not paying a penny for gas, though I do have to eat a bit more.

Wayne

In Berkeley, CA unleaded regular $2.19 to $2.35 depending on the station.

ejruss
    Abe's T-Web

You have no reason for complaining. In the Netherlands it is something around $ 5.70 for a gallon.

OK, get ready for this .....

At some places in the UK you can pay up to £5 per gallon

That's about $8.75 at the current exchange rate - so don't expect any sympathy from me!

Although usually it's just $7 or so a gallon
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

We're at $1.96 here. But what always ticks me off is the government saying it's the oil companies fault...hmmm 41.4 cents per gallon is the tax, sounds like the government contributes a little, also.

3.29 RMB/Litre in most of China

Running around $1.88 - $1.92 in Tulsa.

If our government was really concerned about the high prices, seems they'd cut back on the taxes. A 50% reduction would do a lot to bring down the price of gas.

But they don't really care, so that won't happen.

Andy

ABW Ambassador
    I just wonder how Americans would react if they had to pay the same as those in the UK pay.
    When I first arrived in the USA 3 1/2 years ago, I was amazed at the price of gas compared to England.
    My mum and dad pay a fortune to fill up on petrol (gas for those Americans who don't know what petrol is)
    Even at $1.89 a gallon, we can fill up for a fraction of the price it costs my parents

its anywhere from 205-230 here. and 50 cents more for the boat at the gas dock
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    A quart of soy milk is about $1.89 here. So I guess you could say I'm paying close to $8.00 a gallon for gas.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I just wonder how Americans would react if they had to pay the same as those in the UK pay. ~Julian <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd say the Second American Revolution would be the most likely reaction!

I think the UKers and others who are charged ridiculous gas fees are nuts for paying them without serious protest.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> A quart of soy milk is about $1.89 here. So I guess you could say I'm paying close to $8.00 a gallon for gas. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ROFL!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Affiliate Manager
    It's about $2.12 out here in the burbs of Chicago, a bit higher in the city. *sigh*

ABW Ambassador
    It is crazy how much more people in England have to pay than people over here in the USA.
    It isn't just gas prices. Housing costs are a lot lower in this part of America (Vermont) than where I am from in England.
    However, people over here get paid more.

The only thing that bothers me is the difference in price for some foods, fruits and veggies.
    Bread can be 4 times the price in the USA. Some fruits and veggies are 3 or 4 times the price.
    I grew up on blackberries, strawberries, raspberries, red and yellow peppers, leeks, lettuce and lots of others that are way more expensive here in the USA. Although I can now get orange juice at a fraction of the cost of that in England

In Houston it's between $1.75-$2.05 per. gallon.

There was an article published recently that was being talking about on the radio comparing gas to other products. Just be glad you do not fill up on Chanel #5 at I think it was $5700.00 or $57,000 per gallon. LOL

Spider Man

Actually I think it's the other way round.. although the tax in the UK is very high, petrol/gas is still not that expensive.

Don't forget that once the oil is gone, it's gone forever and then there's all the pollution and carbon dioxide emissions. The net result of high fuel prices in Europe is that we use much less of it and have much more efficient engines in our cars.

To be honest.. prices don't *feel* expensive. I spend about $45 a week on petrol/gas which I think is easily worth it.. I'm basically paying that money so that I don't have to walk everywhere or get the bus.
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

We are anywhere from $1.97-$2.02 here in Rhode Island. Anyone own a hybrid? I'm thinking about selling my SUV and getting one of those instead. I remember when gas was $0.99 per gallon. Those days are sadly long gone I think now.

About $2.05 here in upstate NY. Karen - might want to read This Article before you drop 20k+ on a hybrid!

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Sheesh! I remember when gas was 35 cents a gallon...and so was a pack of smokes. I also remember waiting in line at gas stations on my designated day to fill up the tank. Further, I remember a toilet paper shortage in San Diego. Never did figure that one out.

Gas prices are right around $2.00/gallon in rural upstate New York.

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    &gt;If our government was really concerned about
    &gt;the high prices, seems they'd cut back on the
    &gt;taxes.

Gotta pay for all those wars somehow, you know.

If petrol was 5 cents a gallon, there wouldn't be any left by now. Think about it.

When people won't volunteer to use a finite resource efficiently you have to hit 'em in the wallet.

Remember, once the oil is all used up, it's not just the cars that stop working, but the aeroplanes, the boats, the pharmaceutical industry (no more drugs), insecticides, plastics, etc. All gone.

I don't feel so bad anymore, LOL! It runs about $1.98 a gallon for regular here in beautiful downtown Leesburg, VA.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast