What affiliate network would be good for me? Leaning towards Shareasale
    I have never been part of an affiliate network but I am interested in signing up for one. Shareasale seems to be popular for people just starting out and it is within my budget but I am not sure my business fits in.

I own an online pet food store that specializes in homemade dog food and dog health supplements. Would I be successful using Shareasale?

Any recommendations for the best way to get a quick start?

> "Would I be successful using ShareASale? <

That's not a question anyone can answer, because we don't know how you'd manage your affiliate program, nor do we really know anything about your business.

I certainly think ShareASale is quite likely to be your "best option" as a merchant, but just "setting up an affiliate program" is not the end of your effort. Spend several hours (at least) reading through the "Becoming a Merchant" and "Merchant Best Practices" sub-forums here on ABW to learn more.

You might also find it helpful to read my free affiliate-program advice for merchants (linked in my signature, below).

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    birkmeds,

Our platform is designed to be powerful yet affordable - giving merchants of all sizes the opportunity to succeed. As a general rule, "retail" merchants tend to do better on our platform as opposed to lead generation, etc...

I can't guarantee success obviously, but we've tried to make it as easy as possible to get started along with removing as much risk as possible with costs, etc... If you have any questions about our platform please just let me know.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Ho, birkmeds. Welcome to ABestWeb.

I have been an affiliate for ten years and had been associated with ShareASale and the other major networks for the last five of those years. When we opened our checks program last Fall we chose SAS because they were always the most responsive to our needs as an affiliate. It was a good decision. The platform is powerful yet flexible, easy to learn, and comes with the "caring attitude" that we had grown accustomed to at ShareASale.

But, as Mark and Brian both mentioned, the only person who can make your program successful is you. You cannot be an "absentee landlord" in the affiliate marketing business. Do spend some time reading here at ABW and don't be afraid to ask questions. Good luck, sounds like an interesting program. Pet owners are very loyal to their pets - we see that in the number of "dog theme" checks we sell.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

http and a telephoto
    Is your site retail or lead gen? In other words to you plan to pay per sale or per sign up? It might be a good idea, after you call Shareasale and talk to someone there, to talk to an OPM about some start up consulting.

There are a ton of pet people that are always looking for new healthier stuff for their pets and tons of pet sites that affiliates run that are looking for products that convert well.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by birkmeds
    I own an online pet food store that specializes in homemade dog food and dog health supplements. Would I be successful using Shareasale?
    Assuming you're CPS and a small merchant, ShareASale (SAS) will be a good start. See how it works and it is pretty easy on budget to try out. Of course, you need to do your part and recruit affiliates and articulate why they should promote your business on their sites. And if order conversions and commissions are good, the affiliates will stick and grow your business!

Affiliate Manager Matt McWilliams's Avatar
    Anyone want to guess what I say?

Really though, it totally sounds like SAS is the best option. It's not for everyone but you fit right into their target merchants.

Check out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eH2tjq5cTYU

As you can see, I highly recommend them.
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

Thumbs up
    yo matt- ever put that swimming pool in yet?

Affiliate Manager Matt McWilliams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by socialguy View Post
    yo matt- ever put that swimming pool in yet?
    HAHA not yet. We are looking to move in about a year and that is something Tara is really wanting in the new house
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread