Hi all,

As more and more states seem to be coming on the bandwagon to attempt to pass affiliate type taxes, I am wondering if it would be good to already start pre organizing efforts here in Arizona.

I believe our state economy is the 2nd or 3rd worst behind California and the state is even trying to sell, then rent back state buildings to close our massive budget gaps. They have made horrific cuts in education (our district alone has lost $18 million in the past 2 years) and new stuff is getting thrown out there almost weekly as possible cuts, so it could only be a matter of time...

I would be glad to help out. I am actually a publicly elected official for our local school board and have meet several legislators at our State School Board law conferences as well as contacts to media and radio shows as well. Being on a governing board may be an extra asset in talking to some of these people as I can sympathize first hand with them on several issues they have to balance.

I don't know if I want to go wave the affiliate tax in front of them all if the idea isn't already there as I'd hate to plant a seed that didn't exist before but on the otherhand I'd love to ensure it's not considered if you know what I mean.

Suggestions??