Trouble w/borders on SAS make a page 1st time
    Hello everyone! I hope this is ok to post this question here, I'm new here, so let me know if not.

I wanted to add a store to my website but I just can't figure out the whole datafeed thing on my own and until I get a little further along and actually start earning money, I can't really afford the service either.

So, instead I built a page on SAS make a page and it came out looking fine on the preview but when I copied the HTML and pasted it into my website (it's an SBI website if that matters?) none of the borders showed up and the margins were all wacky. So I know enough HTML that I was able to adjust the size of each square to fit on my page but no matter what I do, I cannot get the borders to show up.

I have searched through help and the knowledge base and I just can't find anything. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Thank you!

Have you checked the css for the SAS make a page html and made sure the css for borders are not white (FFFFFF) on your page?

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Also, are you using IE8 for your web browser? IE8 will not show the border on some of my web pages but IE7 will show them.

I am not using IE I'm using Firefox instead. I have looked through again and it appears to me that my borders are assigned a color #CC3366???

font-family: "Trebuchet MS", Verdana;
    font-size: 12px; color: #000000;
    background-position: center top;
    background-color: #FFFFFF; clip: rect( );
    padding-top: 4px;
    padding-right: 4px;
    padding-bottom: 4px;
    padding-left: 4px;
    border-top: 2px solid #CC3366;
    border-bottom: 2px solid #CC3366;
    border-left: 2px solid #CC3366;
    border-right: 2px solid #CC3366;}

I don't think I can put the rest of my HTML block in here because it contains links but the only thing with white appears to be the background color?

It looks ok. Do you have a page with the make a page on it so I can see what it does and view your html for that page with view source?

Yes, I have it on my page, am I allowed to list that website address here or how do I get that info to you?

Put the page here and I delete your post with the link after I go to the page.

It looks like you have it right. I don't know why your borders on the products are not showing up.

I wouldn't worry about it. It looks find without the borders.

Ok, thank you so much for helping me. I really appreciate it. I am learning HTML but not good enough yet to find my own problems. Thanks again!

I took another look at your SAS css and you have some junk in it that is not from SAS:

<STYLE TYPE="text/css"><!--<p>A.sasmakepage:link{</p><p> COLOR: 99005C; FONT: 12px Verdana; text-decoration : underline;}</p><p>A.sasmakepage:visited{</p><p> COLOR: 99005C; FONT: 12px Verdana; text-decoration : underline;}</p><p>A.sasmakepage:active{</p><p> COLOR: 99005C; FONT: 12px Verdana; text-decoration : underline;}</p><p>A.sasmakepage:hover{</p><p> COLOR: 99005C; FONT: 12px Verdana; text-decoration : underline;}</p><p>.sasmakepagetable { font-family: "Trebuchet MS", Verdana; font-size: 12px; color: #000000; background-position: center top; background-color: #FFFFFF; clip: rect( ); padding-top: 4px; padding-right: 4px; padding-bottom: 4px; padding-left: 4px; border-top: 2px solid #993366; border-bottom: 2px solid #CC3366; border-left: 2px solid #CC3366; border-right: 2px solid #CC3366;}</p><p></p><p>--></STYLE>

Remove the </p><p></p><p> right before the --></STYLE> and see what happens.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Yes, extra "stuff" in your code can cause a page to display in bizarre ways from browser to browser. Remove that extra code and see what happens.

I have had pages display fine in Firefox but look all whacked out in IE. Then, when I checked code, I found some extra or incorrect code. It is a good idea to learn some basics in HTML, regardless of what you are doing. Get a book in elementary HTML and work through it, or at least have it on hand.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread