Angry Paypal Reversing Funds For Indian Paypal Account Holders
    Here we go again.To my surprise my affilaite payments for the month of jan has been reversed completely/.

No previous information
    No warnings
    Not even a newsflash.

All of a sudden my account balance goes to a single digit

Are they serious? What kind of a company does this?

And the affilaite network hasnt received the reversed funds either.So the money is not in the account and also not with the network? where is it now?

Dear SENDER,

Your payment of $XX.XX has been returned to you. If you sent the payment with a bank account, the funds will be returned to your PayPal balance. If you paid with a credit card, the amount will be credited back to your card.

We returned the payment to you because we have stopped allowing personal payments to be sent to or from India.

If this was a payment for a purchase of goods or services, and not a personal payment, then you may resend the payment to the seller by following these steps on the PayPal website: (a) click the Send Money tab, (b) select “Goods,” and (c) provide a shipping address.

If this payment was a personal payment, such as a gift to a friend or family member, then we request that you find another payment method until we restore personal payments to and from India.

We are trying to resolve this issue as quickly as possible and we’re sorry for any inconvenience.

Thank you,

PayPal

The phrase "personal payments" is the answer to your question. The personal payment method must not be used for business payments. If your merchant/network uses PP for business payments, they better be prepared to pay the fees. If you are the merchant/network making the payments, same...

As of this time personal payments to and from India are still not allowed on Paypal.

If it worked in past but did not work in January then the probable reason is tightening of paypal rule.

Paypal is no longer allowing paypal account holder to withdraw funds if they have not produced PAN (permanent account number for Income Tax). They are also doing other verification from Govt pressure. So they may be in the process of doing so. Even my Google check from adsense also got delayed and they informed me about it in advance.

Paypal recently enforced purpose code as well which is likely to be affecting all the payment withdrawals to bank. Paypal now has invoked this restriction and as merchant you can send money to india or as an affiliate you can receive money as well.

Big changes are - you can't store money in paypal account as balance, you can't send personal payments within india. You can however use paypal for purchase. This change is made after 1st march and everything looks normal for indian users.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread