Examples of good affiliate sites?
    Hi, can anyone provide some urls to high producing affiliate sites with good content and design. I find that it is nearly impossible to find this kind of information with google. I seen alot of examples of bad affiliate sites already but no one ever shows examples of the good ones.

Not to be snotty, but why would I want to show you my affiliate sites? Do what I and 99.9% of the folks here did...read..experiment..read..trial and error..read.

If you've got bad example sites..learn from those and figure out what you would do to make them better.

Good luck.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    JaedenKy you can look at the top 10 listings for any brand name and find several affiliates. You need to be able to identify the links as affiliate links. Don't be surprised to find that many aren't pretty but rather are focused on good copy for the consumer. My top content/review affiliates do a better job of writing effective product information because they focus on the benefit to the consumer.

http and a telephoto
    Successful affiliates don't generally show off their sites, but you see them every day in Google and the other Search engines. You may not even realize they are affiliate sites. The reason affiliates keep their sites to themselves is because of the people that are lazy and choose to steal their site content, look, feel etc and "make it their own".

The other reason is that what works for someone else probably won't work for you. You need to find your own style, niche, look and feel that works for you. If you are looking for ideas, contact an affiliate manager with products you are interested in selling and have them give you some ideas to get you started. They won't build your site for you or show you other affiliates sites, but based on what you want to do they can give you some tips to get you started.

You might also find some interesting info in the podcasts in the Affiliate ABCs forum.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    Successful affiliates don't generally show off their sites, but you see them every day in Google and the other Search engines. You may not even realize they are affiliate sites. The reason affiliates keep their sites to themselves is because of the people that are lazy and choose to steal their site content, look, feel etc and "make it their own".

The other reason is that what works for someone else probably won't work for you. You need to find your own style, niche, look and feel that works for you. If you are looking for ideas, contact an affiliate manager with products you are interested in selling and have them give you some ideas to get you started. They won't build your site for you or show you other affiliates sites, but based on what you want to do they can give you some tips to get you started.

You might also find some interesting info in the podcasts in the Affiliate ABCs forum.
    Thanks for the tips Loxly, I've been enjoying listening to your podcasts for about a month now, I remember you mentioning a few sites, maybe I should check them out again.

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    Hi JaedenKy,

We get asked this question a lot and I don't blame people for asking, but as others have said we obviously can't share affiliate sites due to confidentiality. Most affiliates are pretty private about their sites and many have had their ideas stolen, sites copied or niches taken when they have shared their sites on a public forum.

So I was happy to see this post by Geno showing different styles of affiliate sites complete with links and screen shots. (He got permission to share from the affiliates.)

So if you've been curious to see some good examples of different types of affiliate sites, here you go.
    Affiliate Websites - Types and Examples

Both affiliates and merchants frequently ask me for examples of affiliate websites. Normally, I tell everyone that it isnít exactly right for an affiliate program manager to give away the URLís of his affiliatesí websites. But there is a way to do it right. Iíll show you examples of affiliate websites that you have either already heard of (and havenít paid attention that they are monetizing their traffic via affiliate programs), or those that have okayed their representation in this post. I will look at 5 types of affiliate websites: (i) content-based, (ii) coupons-focused, (iii) rebates- or cashback-oriented, (iv) shopping mall, and (v) comparison shopping.
    Hope this helps and best of luck!

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread