Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Recruiting Super Affiliates help
    Can anyone here give me suggestions of how to recruit super affiliates?

I am the affiliate manager for one of the largest employment companies online, and we have decided to finally open our affiliate program to the public.

Please contact if you would like more details on the program.

SEO: A Specialty - Web Design: Slow or outsourced andbeyond's Avatar
    The Call is coming from Inside the House!
    I think the best way to attract heavy hitters is a good payout, well managed, deeplinking to pages that convert well, and knowing you are going to get paid.

With one post you may not be able to respond to PMs.

And new programs are encouraged to do this. http://www.abestweb.com/advertising/

Assuming you have a good program and are ready to go. Otherwise you might want to look at an outsourced program manager.

I met the same problem. But all I want to do is to find the first affiliate for my online game shop. good payout, well managed etc, all this need a few time to comeplet them......

Build it [right] and they will come. Build a great program with a product that converts, they will find you.

Keeping them is an entirely different matter. And a lot depends on your PPC rules.

As much as I love a "super affiliate" coming into the program, the bread and butter, the life blood of all of my managed programs has been the normal every day affiliate and several above average ones.

In the end I'm just happy to see all those affiliate sales coming in each day. It means I've done something right along the way.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Tax Paying Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EmCee
    I am the affiliate manager for one of the largest employment companies online,
    Have you ever been an affiliate??
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    You have to know the super affiliates to contact them. If you are working with a major network you can identify them. Even then you may not get a response as many only respond to a network rep.

I wouldn't be too concerned about recruiting super affiliates. Create your program, make sure it's competitive and will be attractive to your competitors' affiliates. Build up your program and then go after super affiliates. Many super affiliates want to know how well your program is performing and well how well it converts. What will you tell them? If you can't tell them what they want to hear they'll move on and may not look back so wait until you're ready for them. Don't blow your chance to make a great first impression.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

Greg excellent points. If you place your program a network where other competitors are then the super affiliates will see it. Don't burn a bridge with them by pushing an under converting program. Affiliate marketing is not brand building but brand extension. It is not you first sales channel but there for incremental sales.

No affiliate network or any other tools, is it possible? I have no plan to invest on this yet.

sherry Ciao, you will have to try to contact site owners directly. Its the long way around. ShareASale is very inexpensive and the monthly minimum is $25. If you can't afford that then I recommend spending your money elsewhere.

Are you making sales online now with a good conversion? Do you have affiliates asking for a program? If both of these are no then don't launch a program.

hi EmCee..... this was the question came into my mind when i joined ABW... there is a point everyone is missing that is how good product you have? For example you are selling insurance policy through your web in a thrid-world country, now you know how hard it is to sell and you opened an affiliate program, it the country has Super affiliates by luck, and you offer them even 80% commission, they wont make much of difference...... i hope you got what i mean to describe...

Brand should be very strong, product should be a necessity or even an important requirement, your site sales pitch should be perfect. Then if you open up an affiliate program, definatly with each above tools (replied in this thread) you can gain super affiliates....

Now most important part is asking Super affiliates to give a concern over your Affiliate Program, so give them something extra, more than what you have mentioned in your website... more commission, bonus, CS, product usage benifits.... keep in mind that Super Affiliates get requests from merchants daily so make your campaign most attractive and catchy that tend super affiliates read the whole campaign.....

Hope this would help.....
    [FONT="Georgia"][SIZE="4"]Craig Stephen[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [URL="http://Logoinn.com/affiliate-program"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Sienna"][B][SIZE="1"]Logoinn.com[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL] | [SIZE="2"][URL="http://Logodesign247.com"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="SeaGreen"][B][URL="http://www.logodesign247.com/affiliate/"][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Logodesign247.com[/COLOR][/URL][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL][/SIZE]
    [EMAIL="affiliate@logoinn.com"][SIZE="2"]Contact Us[/SIZE][/EMAIL] | [SIZE="2"][URL="http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=30741"][COLOR="Black"]Full [B]PPC[/B] Allowed / [B]30%[/B] flat commission / Unlimited Cookies [/COLOR][[B][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Logo Design[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="Red"]24/7[/B][/COLOR]][/URL][/SIZE]

go to trade shows and mingle
    [URL]http://Essociate.com[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick
    sherry Ciao, you will have to try to contact site owners directly. Its the long way around. ShareASale is very inexpensive and the monthly minimum is $25. If you can't afford that then I recommend spending your money elsewhere.

Are you making sales online now with a good conversion? Do you have affiliates asking for a program? If both of these are no then don't launch a program.
    Thank you very much Chuck. We updated our programe and I just begin to do recruitment work and I'm very nervous. We have more than 400 affilaites but our traffic all brought by only 3 major affiliates. I think I need more communication skills. It seems that few girls do this kind job...hehe....I will try my best! After I bring new effective affiliate I will apply to use some tools.

Quote Originally Posted by EmCee
    Can anyone here give me suggestions of how to recruit super affiliates?
    Large sums of cash, up front. Other than that, build a great program and they'll find you.

Affiliate Manager
    Are you making sales online now with a good conversion? Do you have affiliates asking for a program?
    Chuck by saying this are you saying that it would not pay for a brand new site to launch an affiliate program? We just launched our site just under 2 weeks ago...we have had very little traffic but our conversion rate is just over 1% ( a LOT of our traffic is due to a launch giveaway promo we are doing so the conversion rate would actually be higher if not for that!)...the sales we have had so far are from organic searches......

So should I wait until we build a larger customer base.....I was hoping launching an affiliate program with the launch of the site would be a good way to grow it?!?!?

Affiliate marketing is a failure as customer acquisition unless you have a strong brand presence. It is an incremental sales channel and if you push a non-converting site to affiliates you will not get a second chance.

Its best to test with PPC before you launch to establish your conversion. A conversion should be at least 3% on all traffic combined before launching. I have programs that convert less but their brand is very strong.

After 10 years I still get called to launch programs for non converting sites. When I ask what their conversion is I hear silence on the other end of the phone line. So I recommend that they use their own PPC or pay an agency. When I call back a month later I get a different tone. Its humbling to try to launch a new website. PPC can take weeks to month to refine. SEO can take years.

Affiliate Manager
    Thanks Chuck...these are all the things I am researching so thank you for your insight! I am web designer and SEO pro so I have those ends covered and am already ranking for some decent long tail keywords- which are the ones that are converting for me...I was hoping to launch the affiliate program in about 4-6 weeks so hopefully by then I will have an even better conversion rate to entice affiliates....

I am leary on using PPC - I have never had good success with it.......

Thanks again for your help!

I am leary on using PPC - I have never had good success with it.......
    Is that because you don't completely understand the technique or because the site doesn't convert?

Affiliate Manager
    I tried it on a site I built and sold...ilovephotogifts.com. It was a well converting site at about 5% when I sold it.....but the PPC ads never seemed to convert for me. Granted I am no PPC expert.

I have been reading up on it for the last few days since I am debating whether to try it on this site or not......

They may not be "super affiliates" but some of our most consistent and enthusiastic evangelists come from our long standing customer pool. Many of them have links on their personal sites, or give out their code when referring friends. They may not drive in the large volumes of traffic, but their conversions are fantastic!

brett-e2, good point. Blogs are hard to monetize as affiliates because they don't always understand the technique. Emailing to your opt-in customer list and making them affiliates is a great idea.

jcaren, you could approach a program at a ShareASale as a way to test affiliates as PPC and also engage the coupon channel. Would recommend being very specific in your program description. I manage a ShareASale program that was having trouble with their PPC agency and not happy with the conversion versus monthly min. We opened up the program to trademark bidding and have several affiliate driving sales.

As a webhosting company we may have more luck with customers as affiliates because we sell an ongoing service rather than a product. So our customers are really always have a tie to us. Also, being a webhosting that caters to designers means that all of our users are fairly tech savy. While we may have an edge, I don't think it should discourage other merchants from trying it out.

Contacting super affiliates can be tricky unless you have a good program that converts well and offers high commissions, they wont bother with you. You need to establish a relationship with them first, before you start pitching your program. You will also have to offer them unique banners or PPC bidding rights that no one else in your program has.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Todd View Post
    PPC bidding rights that no one else in your program has.
    That goes over real well with the rest of your affiliates.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, theres no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound View Post
    That goes over real well with the rest of your affiliates.
    A lot of programs have restrictions on PPC, so if you offer Super Affiliates some leeway with bidding that will entice them to your program more. Plus they don't have to deal with paying for high PPC cost and can focus more on bring you sales.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast