Just bought a domain for satellite sales, and I'm trying to figure out which program to promote. Any experiences you all would like to share about your success or failure with rapidsatellite, orbitsat (digitalsat), vcmsatellite, etc...? Who has converted best for you?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Affiliate Manager
    Hi,
    satellite tv is one of my main products I sell right now.
    If you want me to help you a little bit with some advice, send me a pm.
    Thomas Burgemeister - Affiliate Manager
    affiliates@LensWorld.com - 425-372-3471
    LensWorld.com: 10% commission, 120 return days, parasite free - Sign up at <a href="http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=20626">ShareASale</a>.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Tried them all on related subject Mall pages. Not one sale in 5 years for Satellite dishes, broadband ISP services or cellphones. All DOA as any franchisee small timer can put up a site/program and divert sales unless you poor a ton of traffic to them.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Affiliate Manager
    Right now, I get about a 2% conversion on a satellite tv specific site.
    LensWorld.com: 10% commission, 120 return days, parasite free - Sign up at <a href="http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=20626">ShareASale</a>.

I get sales with Rapid Satellite. And they pay on time too.
    Luke
    Have you promoted your brand name today?

Thnx for the responses so far. From what I gather Ecom has not had good results, but a satellite specific site might do better?

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> From what I gather Ecom has not had good results, but a satellite specific site might do better? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, if you have a good merchant to promote, you should do better than a general mall type site or a content site. But, getting that targeted traffic is not going to be easy - lots of competition for that.

has any body worked with linxsatellite I have 54 Leads being proccessed. I dont know if they are going to go threw it's been two weeks.

Affiliate Manager
    haven't worked with them, but it usually takes 2 to 3 weeks for the leads to process.
    I also have never heard of that company, so don't know if they are reliable or not.

No sat related sales for me ever.

Interesting as i have just created a satellite tv site, specifically for that, my friend is #1 on google, and yahoo and msn for a term closely related to direct tv

He makes a ton of money, and knows how to keep himself up there, so im learning from him,

i think keeping the site tightly focused and not providing too many options to confuse the user is the trick for once they arrive, other than , get good link partners, do the grind part of the job and it will pay off

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    I've used Rapid Satellite - they're easily the best satellite aff program I've ever used.

I've used Expert Satellite, Nationwide Satellite and several others.

Suggest you definitely go with Rapid Sattelite for DirecTV (they have their own forum here on ABW).

For Dish Network, everyone seems to go for VMCSatellite - they're pretty decent too. And keep an eye on DishPronto - seems like they're the new kid on the block now.

Burgi i know you referred to this guy, but would you mind sharing any advice about satellite.. i just started in it.. i have only mad 2 pending sales. not going to promote them intill i see my check... that was dishpronto and rapdisatellite. i have totally avoided vmc as the guy was rude.. and unhelpful...

do you use payper click?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by burgi82:
    Hi,
    satellite tv is one of my main products I sell right now.
    If you want me to help you a little bit with some advice, send me a pm. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would say this too,,,, be very careful when you try it with pay per click about 3 in 4 competitors out there are clicking on your links.. not real custoemrs... just to take you down in money.... i went through $30 in 5 mins and thats no joke!

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    When you said "about 3 in 4 competitors out there are clicking on your links.. not real customers... just to take you down in money...."

Wondering.... how do you know this is the case?

Have wondered about this too - but am unsure how to evaluate / track this suspicion... (and hardly have the time as well).

I've never made money using PPC for satellite. Your going to see about a 2% conversion (clicks to sales) and only about 80% of those sales are going to be installed. If your spending $1.50 a click you are going to be broke in no time.

Affiliate Manager
    Hi,
    what I can help is tell you how I do it. I basically do only SEO, focusing on getting good rankings in google and yahoo. I don't use PPC, or anything like that.
    Then, I try to provide as many infos as possible to potential buyers. My conversion is therefore almost 3%, which is not bad. Before, I didn't provide much info, and the conversion was about 1%.
    Also, I use adsense on all my sites. Because before, a click was worth about 80 cents to me, while adsense pays a little more than that. So, I put an adsense banner kind of high on the page, and I basically am trying to get all the people who are just looking to click on the adsense ads, while I figured (hope) that all the people who are really seriously looking for satellite tv, will read through my website and use the affiliate links to buy.
    I'm always willing to help a little bit. Let me know what questions you have, and I'll try to help.

Thomas

ive seen 2 of your sites burgi, I wont metion them here.. but you have one geared towards dish network and one for direct tv.. your direct tv one is the one thats ranked the highest. good job! Im steadily working on mine have a few things in mind, based on other sites i have worked on to get them ranked high... ill be rubbing shoulders up the top shortly with you

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by burgi82:
    Hi,
    what I can help is tell you how I do it. I basically do only SEO, focusing on getting good rankings in google and yahoo. I don't use PPC, or anything like that.
    Then, I try to provide as many infos as possible to potential buyers. My conversion is therefore almost 3%, which is not bad. Before, I didn't provide much info, and the conversion was about 1%.
    Also, I use adsense on all my sites. Because before, a click was worth about 80 cents to me, while adsense pays a little more than that. So, I put an adsense banner kind of high on the page, and I basically am trying to get all the people who are just looking to click on the adsense ads, while I figured (hope) that all the people who are really seriously looking for satellite tv, will read through my website and use the affiliate links to buy.
    I'm always willing to help a little bit. Let me know what questions you have, and I'll try to help.

Thomas <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread