Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hi ,

last time i used the search function of the board and i read that someone used to live in germany. who was it ? where did you live, did you like it there ?

at all the others:
    have you ever been to germany ? im very interested in hearing your opinions

I lived and worked in Munich, Germany for several years, beautiful country, very smart people. Expensive as hell but a nice place to live. For me the only negative was I found a lot of Germans to be kinder unfreundlich. Not nice when you have 2 kids.

No but the german chicks are nice tho along with the Italian and Latin chicks..

Kevin

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GOWIRELESS:
    No but the german chicks are nice tho along with the Italian and Latin chicks..

Kevin <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    On the subject of chicks, I just got back from Sweden,

I've been to Germany a few times, the last time was in 2001 when I was there for 4 months on business. Travelled through much of the country, including Bavaria. Love the country, the food, the women, and especially the bier! I've been in almost 40 countries and Germany is one of my favorites.

JJay - you must have bought KinderEggs (the choc. egg with the toys in the center?) It was one of our favorite hobbies to buy a ton of them and find the hardest tpys to assemble...amazing what they expect an 8 year old to figure out! Of course, I gained 5 pounds just trying (maybe it was the pils or the potatoes!)

ABW Ambassador
    I used to live in Heidelberg Germany (army brat) for about 13 years all together. Have some relatives that live there too. I love Germany and Heidelberg to me is perfect, just beautiful. Will me making a trip there later this year hopefully.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DIYRoss:
    JJay - you must have bought KinderEggs (the choc. egg with the toys in the center?) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I wasn't talking about Kinder Uberraschung, but while on that subject I remember there was a special promotion where instead of toys they placed a couple dozen or so gold nuggets inside those eggs, reminded me of Willy Wonka

O yes them chicks too

Kevin

kinder ├╝berraschung is quite big in germany. there are even conventions where the collectors come to trade those little figures.

@ trustno1: ive been to heidelberg the day before yesterday. it is such a beautiful city.

cherman chicks ? i think heidi klum is beautiful. have you already heard about eva padberg ? they say she is going to be the next claudia schiffer.

I lived in the Munich region for three years, I also spent a couple of years in my spiritual home, Vienna.

Cosmo, please don't take this wrong, but I wasn't happy in Germany. Yep, the sun shines, the trains run, the bars stay open to a reasonable time, the beer is good, there is a very rich culture that interests me very much (but most Germans I met didn't seem particularly interested in it). But I was relieved to come back to the UK.

Even if nothing works in this country anymore LOL.

@ radegast: i went to school for 2 years near blackpool , england in cleveleys. but it isnt really easy for a young german boy as i was there living there. many people were really nice (especially the old ones) but many young englishs were always looking for trouble with the germans.

Oh, and forget Eva Padberg...

Think Nastasja Kinski!

Hey, Trust, I'm an Army Brat too. Lived in Germany for three years as a kid. Living on the army post was like living in the US, not much difference and we had little to do with the outside world. But I did like traveling and seeing Europe, epecially Paris and Rome. The castles in Germany were great too.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

what did you think of ther german grand prix song ? wasnt it the best ? (and i dont say that because im german)

O wow.. Claudia Schiffer, My sis used to be the VP of Revlon and did all those meetings and met Cindy Crawford but never Claudia. Darn
    Claudia is hot!

Yeah, Cosmo, we have a youth subculture that really makes me despair. Sorry you didn't get a very nice reception.

I grew up in a very tough part of London and I was picked on quite a lot because I preferred sitting around listening to Mozart to supporting Millwall.

im really looking forward to see london for the first time in about 1 month when i visit my cousin there. is there something like an inisder tip what i have to see ?

LOL I could probably give you more tips on what to do in Munich, since I was there as an outsider, and always took London for granted while I lived there.

It depends on your interests.

There are museums. The National Gallery, if you don't mind looking at thousands of great paintings until you feel like running out screaming... (There is a fantastic room with Van Goghs and some huge Monet Lily Pond murals which are incredible, if you are interested in that sort of art).

There's the London Eye (I've never been on it, I prefer the Prater's Riesenrad...)

Give me an idea of what interests you and I'll see if I can come up with some recommendations.

ABW Ambassador
    Ron, i was born there in 70 and lived there for 13 years on and off between then and 88. I loved it because as kids on army posts you know there are kids everywhere. When i was living there, we had only 1 channel of TV so we played outside most of the time. The great thing about living there is how easy it is to visit other countries and be able to travel to places most people will never see. Could wake up and have breakfast in Germany and drive and have lunch in Italy, drive some more and eat dinner in Spain. There was also i little more freedom there. In high school many of us could go downtown and drink beer if we wanted too. Heidelberg has the Rhein-Neckar River where topless is no big deal, had city live if you wanted that, could drive up in the mountains, had castles like the famous Heidelberg Castle. Could get on the train with a pass and go wherever you want (concerts) spring break in Majorca, ah the memories

Just to add on... I lived in Augsburg for about six years... loved it! I would have to say that the only reason we didn't stay there permanently (we still have relatives) is that a majority of the bureaucratic types (with whom foreigners have to deal with frequently) often treated my wife and I poorly...

We still go back every couple of years or so. In fact we were there a month ago.

ABW Ambassador
    I want to visit Bavaria one of these years.

My great-great-grandfather left Bavaria before he was drafted to military service during the 1870s.
    Dr. Strangeweb, or how I learned how to stop worrying about SERPS and love the WOM.

It's a beautiful part of the world. It spills over into Austria (Salzburg used to belong to Bavaria)

We spent 2 weeks in Austria (Salzburg, Kirkdorf and St. Johann) and Germany (Munich) a few years back. It was the best vacation we ever had! Bavaria/Tirol is by far my favorite destination! Drank and ate non stop -- If I lived there I would weigh 500 pounds. lol.

My Grandmothers family hailed from Augsburg. I would love to visit there someday!

ABW Ambassador
    Salzburg, salt mines, i remember that. Also i remember Garmisch and Berchesgarten (probably misspelled) being beautiful, definetly worth a trip.

ABW Ambassador
    Some say: Germany would be a nice place, if there were no Germans there.

carneol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast