Designs by Stephanie Fishy Merchant
    Any other Designs by Stephanie affiliates notice an above average reversals?

Something seems fishy to me about them not consistent with other merchants.

Anyone know of a better Blue Jeans merchant? I have one in mind that I will probably switch to but am still looking.

- Jane

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    janew, working for a large merchant we experienced 40% returns after the first of the year. This is also common with shoe merchants. The reason is a open return policy which encourages consumers to buy two shoes when uncertain of the fit or color.

You may experience the same with another merchant so check their return policy. Also, ask the affiliate manager there if this is normal. There is always room for error.

15 years and counting
    The problem is not with their return policy. This merchant SHOULD NOT be allowed in a network. Period. Check their agreement:
    Returns/Aborted/Cancelled Orders are not counted towards your commission. "Orders that are received from our existing customers are not counted as well."

How do we know if we're sending paid or organic traffic to "their" customers?
    What means "Trusted Third Party" if the merchant can do what they want?

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar

Always seem to reverse ONLY the large orders Very Rarely do they reverse a small sale!! Something just doesn't seem/feel right with them.

Time to

Designs By Stephene

7 Day EPC
    $7.11
    30 Day
    $11.04

7 Day Reversal 67% CC Fraud - 22% Cancelled Order - 11% Fradulent Transaction
    37.50 %
    30 Day Reversal 28% CC Fraud - 64% Cancelled Order - 4% Fradulent Transaction - 4% Non qualified lead
    39.29 %

7 Day Avg. Sale
    $159.27
    30 Day
    $181.79

7 Day Avg. Commission
    $4.38
    30 Day
    $7.66

ABW Ambassador
    "Orders that are received from our existing customers are not counted as well."

Affiliates should never work with those type of merchants, ever, ever, ever.........

At least I won't. I can't see the back end, have no idea if they're new or not, I have to trust the merchant on that. They could say they're an old customer, when they might be new. And on top of that, a customer is a customer, they came thru my link. Not touching those type of merchants.

Hold up - "64% Cancelled Order"

Meaning, somebody made an order and then said um, nevermind, I changed my mind. Almost 2/3?

I would venture a guess that if an "existing customer" had already made up their mind to purchase from them again that they would have had no problem going directly to their site as opposed to visiting an affiliate site first. They've got the first 2 natural positions in G and the ONLY sponsored link.

If it's a case where the "customer" couldn't remember their name and needed to visit the affiliate site to be reminded, then Designs by Stephanie should be thankful, because obviously they didn't make as big an impression on the "customer" as they thought.

Either way the affiliate did their job in getting the customer to their site and should be compensated.

This is an abusive policy. Drop them and RUN!

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread