A4U Expo in Munich May 17-19
    Hello all!

Is anyone planning to go to the A4U Expo in Munich in May? I will be there all by my lonesome and would love the chance to meet up with ABW pals / pals-to-be.

I went to the expo last year in Amsterdam and it was fantastic. I had my problems with the networking and after-hours sessions as I was alone and didn't have the nerve to break into chatty groups of people. Not that I'm shy, but... Even though I live in Germany, all but one of my sites are in English and targetted at the US market, so I feel more at home here than in the German affiliate scene. Need to work on that!

Anyways, since I'll be alone again this year I wanted to check if anyone else is going and maybe meet up there. If you're in Europe and you haven't been yet, I can promise that it is definately worth the price of admission!

P.S. Dear Mods: I wasn't sure where to post this, I was going to post it in the European section but it seemed like that was more for aff network questions. If I'm in the wrong spot, please push me where I should be.

Stephenie

Moderator Note: I moved it to the Affiliate Marketing Events or Gatherings forum.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Hey, Stephanie, sounds like a good Expo. It certainly is in a wonderful city - I had the opportunity to visit Munich for a few days a couple years back. Being that I don't market to Europe and it's about an 11 hour flight, I'll have to pass. But we will be at Affiliate Summit in New York in August. If you could possibly make it to that Jill and I will be more than happy to introduce you around. I'm sure a lot of other ABWers would also be willing to show you the ropes - we are an easy group to get along with, especially at conferences.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

http and a telephoto
    Would love to get to A4U someday, but not this year. Get brave, I bet everyone would love to chat. We encourage new folks to come up to us at ASW or ASE and they do

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    I'm probably flying over for T.R.A.F.F.I.C. in Milan at the end of April but I don't think my wife would appreciate me deciding to hang out in Europe another 3 weeks.

Although München certainly is a nice place to be

Where abouts in Germany do you live?

Pretty much right in the middle, not far from Frankfurt.

I am going to ASE!! YAY! We were planning to go to New York this summer, and I got a well-paid freelance job this Feb/March so that I decided my two men (hubby and son) will have to wait until August for the trip and do without me for a few days. I hope they find something to do, alone in NYC lol Bill, I just might take you up on your offer.

Still, I am looking for anyone in Munich! Loxly, thanks for that advice. I will try to remember that no one minds others breaking into the conversation.

Thanks for the push into the right forum, Michael!

Stephenie, I just sent you a PM - but am not sure if you can send/receive PMs yet. LMK.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Online Marketing Consultant
    Lintin, do you ever make it to London or Sweden...I'm heading to both soon. Let me know if you can make it to either. =0).
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

Do you mean the A4U in London? I didn't go last year, and haven't checked when it is this year (October again?) Probably not this year either, as I'll be going to ASE, so that pretty much straps me for conferences

But if you get to Germany, let me know! I'd love to show you around!

Online Marketing Consultant
    Sounds good.
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

Talking Come and chat to us in the Organiser's Office
    Hi Stephanie,

You are welcome to pop into the Organiser's Office to see us at a4uexpo and perhaps some of the team could introduce you around?

We'd be more than happy to do that for you.

Look forward to seeing you there!

Sarah & the a4uexpo team

Thanks, Sarah, I may do that! I'd probably end up staying there, though talking mumbo-jumbo...I'm an event manager in my "other" life and more at home in the back office than as a guest on the floor!

BTW, since I have you here...one little question. What service did you use last year for registration and guest management? I was wondering if it was Amiando, or do you have an in-house solution that you use? We've worked with software company to make our own online reg system, but I just hate it. And barcode scanning is something we can't/don't do, but adds a cool and professional touch lol

Stephenie

Wink
    Ha ha! That's no problem - but be careful or we'll get you on the walkie talkies!

We use an in-house registration set up by our technical team. We may look into barcode scanning at some point... (the technical guys would know more, so make sure you ask at the registration desks in Munich)

Look forward to seeing you there!

Sarah

Hi Lintlin, so pleased that you enjoyed Amsterdam last year, we loved organising it and seeing so many people learning, networking and most importantly having fun!

Germany is a huge market with Europe, in many ways its larger than the UK market so its fantastic to be moving a4uexpo Europe to the city of Munich.

Lots of information can be found at http://www.a4uexpo.com/europe and incase you can't make the dates we'll be back in London for what promises to be our largest affiliate marketing conference to date on the 11-13 October 2010.

For any ABW'ers that are looking to head over PM me and I'll sort you out with a discount code to help cover some of the travel costs.

Best,
    Matthew Wood
    Founder of a4uexpo

Matthew, now you jump in with a discount...I just bought my tix on Tuesday. lol

Amsterdam was great, and Munich will be fantastic, I'm really looking forward to it!

Leaving in the morning for the congress, if anyone wants to get together give me a shout. I'll be connected, my twitter is @StephenieSays (yes, StephEnie with 3 e's...)

Hope everyone flying in has no probs with flights! I'm about ready to go shove a few pillows down that volcano's throat!

Well, I am back! It was a fantastic congress again! Matthew and Sarah and Team did a fantastic job. Incredibly good speakers (one of my highlights was Gillian Muesig of SEOMoz.org), great location, the parties were nothing to sneeze at, either. Everything went smoothly, even the volcanic ash was for the most part cooperative! Lots of cool people to meet with and lots of opportunity to do so. So many relevant and important sessions that my head was spinning.

I will definitely be going again next year.

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread