Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    How much snow did you get?
    So how much snow did you get?

Nothing here in the Fort Worth area. I think it was in the 60s yesterday.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

We got an inch or so, I think, a week ago Thursday. Got a little more earlier this week. We usually get some snow here in Albuquerque, but it's almost all down by the mountain or further north. I judge it to be a strong or weak snow year based on how much snow I get at my house on the west side. This year has been a fairly strong year for snow.
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

Baltimore has a good chance of breaking an all-time record for seasonal snowfall. One more moderate storm should do it - and that may happen on Tuesday night. DRAT!

The official snowfall for this storm (measured at BWI Airport) was just under 25 inches. We have a bit more here in South Baltimore, but some surrounding communities, Elkridge, for example received about 38 inches of snow. They were in the center of the "ThunderSnow" on Friday night, when the snow fell at a rate of 3 inches per hour.

I went out with my iPhone camera this morning to take a couple of neighborhood shots in the bright sunshine (and temperatures soaring up into the 20s). I'll try to post some later on, but here's one - taken out our back door yesterday (the fence is 48" high):

BTW - our place at the beach (in Southern Delaware) got about a third of what we got here, but we won't get to see that 'til next weekend.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

ABW Ambassador
    Ah, snow.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Zip. Zilch. Nada. In fact most of the snow we've gotten so far this year has melted. C'mon Spring!

Just a few flurries. We've gotten a break snow-wise here in Boston this winter, but on the other hand, it's been colder than usual for longer than usual.

The news reporters are all going nuts about the storm though. Sure, 3 feet deep is a hell of a lot of snow, but they're talking like it's the storm of the century or something.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhea
    Zip. Zilch. Nada. In fact most of the snow we've gotten so far this year has melted. C'mon Spring!
    Only 41 more days 'til Spring.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..

Hello everyone, we got 18.5 inches of snow here in Pa the other day. Hey Bill that is exactly how it looks here in Pittsburgh, nice photo btw. Anyway just thought I would put my two cents in. Have a great day and enjoy watching the Superbowl today.

Victor

We have about 8 inches in southeastern Indiana. There's more coming on Tuesday. It's cold here, too. It was only around 8 this morning but it's up to 22 now.

Sure glad my flight home (through PHL) was on Thursday!
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Half a Bubble Off Plumb RemodelingGuy's Avatar
    In the 50's here in Katy ( Houston ) .......

But beautiful... Not too windy...

Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )
    StartRemodeling.com .... MySprinklerGuy.com .... MyGarageGuy.com ....
    We're Bettering YOUR Life by Improving Where YOU Live It ...
    Do What You LOVE & LOVE What You Do! ....

None. We've gotten NO snow this year. Darn El Nino!
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

http and a telephoto
    We got a couple inches and it melted already, lol. I *love* this part of NY

OK, here are two "better" snow photos from our neighborhood...

This first one shows a street that heads almost directly to Downtown Baltimore from Riverside Park in South Baltimore. It looks like two passes with a snow plow have effectively turned this street into a "snow canyon" trapping the cars on each side - until some individual work with a shovel frees them up.

Here's a car across the street from our city home. Looks like it will be there for a while. Actually the hill and trees in the park look the same - whether we get six inches of snow like we did last Wednesday morning or 26+ like we got Friday night and Saturday.

These were uploaded to Facebook from my iPhone earlier today - taken about 8:00 a.m.

We got 20" or so. Spent all day yesterday with no power. So grateful the power came back on by nightfall though.

They are calling for another 6" this week. Wondering when the kids will ever go back to school!!

snow? whats that? 6 miles from super bowl stadium so we are freezing here at '63'

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by meadowmufn
    None. We've gotten NO snow this year. Darn El Nino!
    Apparently that's going to be a big problem a little north of Seattle - Vancouver Olympics set to start in a few days, and there is a SERIOUS lack of snow.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

OMG, local FOX news just predicted another 6-12 inches of snow Tuesday night into Wednesday. More *%#!@* snow!!! National Weather Service already has a "warning" in effect.

Arlington looks about the same as Bill's photo, only good news is in town home developments it looks like there has been a bit more plowing. However, we opted not to shovel out the car due to the 1/5 feet of snow that went out about 5 ft into the parking lot...

I just saw that forecast, too. UGH. Enough already with this winter thing.

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    So far we have gotten 0 inches on the gulf here is Ft Myers, but it looks like that will change this week. Tuesday is predicted to drop as much as 0 inches and Wednesday, we are looking at sunshine all damn day! I hope that doesn't interrupt our fishing!
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Tax Paying Member
    This white stuff has got to go because I need to be in DC on Feb 18. Don't have time of the desire to make a snow man/women.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

Half a Bubble Off Plumb RemodelingGuy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Witzer
    This white stuff has got to go because I need to be in DC on Feb 18. Don't have time of the desire to make a snow man/women.
    Don't all of you Northerners have a Snow Hiking Kit available 24 / 7 during the winter months???

Here in Texas, one inch of snow actually sticking to the ground would shut us down completely!

If you set out now, you should be able to get to DC by the 18th Witzer...

Make sure you bring extra socks...

I hear that snow gets cold...

EDIT!

Crap -

You're in NC...

I have tons of family in and around you there.

Tons of tobacco farmers... Britt Family

My apologies for suggesting you were a Northerner my friend -

Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )
    StartRemodeling.com .... MySprinklerGuy.com .... MyGarageGuy.com ....
    We're Bettering YOUR Life by Improving Where YOU Live It ...
    Do What You LOVE & LOVE What You Do! ....

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound
    Apparently that's going to be a big problem a little north of Seattle - Vancouver Olympics set to start in a few days, and there is a SERIOUS lack of snow.
    I know. I've seen pics of them trucking it in from higher elevations. I really hope everything goes smoothly and there's snow in the forecast. Kinda cool having the Olympics nearby again. Last time was in 1984, got pictures of the torch going down Torrance Blvd.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

Here I've been complaining all winter because of the snow. This is the first winter since I've lived in Germany (13 years) that we had snow most of the winter, up to a half a foot at a time. I'm in the rhine valley in the wine growing area and it stays pretty mild here. Well, it's been mild, during the day around 30°F, but snowy.

BUT! nothing like Bill's pics! I think I would actually sit down and cry--I'm a Canadian with Snowaphobia

The snow is all melted again here (happens every 5-6 days that the temps go up to the mid 40's and the snow disappears, only to return 2 days later). Yesterday I was in the garden hanging up new bird seed balls and I actually noticed thickening buds on the forsythias and crocus tips sticking up through the dirt.

Please, Spring, come soon! And don't forget those poor people with all that snow in the eastern US/Cananda!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast