Question #1 On Google..No Traffic!!??
    Hi;
    I am new to this forum and I have a question..
    I have built a properly siloed site based on a keyword phrase that the Goolge Adwords Keyword Tool says gets 12,100 hits per month. Apparently Google likes my site, and it has ranked in the top ten of Google for over four months..often at number one position.
    My site description that shows up on the Google search is very relevant to the keyword phrase, and yet my site has only been visited by 275 new visitors.

What gives?? Any ideas from you traffic moguls?

ABW Ambassador
    Goolge Adwords Keyword Tool is only an estimate & IT LIES

ABW Ambassador
    How many keywords are you ranking for. Is it just one or many.

I rank #2 for a generic two-word phrase that supposedly gets tens of thousands of searches per day, but the site only gets several hundred visitors from Google. And that's overall visits from the generic term and all other terms across the board.

The only stats that matter are the ones that show up in your own hand, not the ones that somebody else is trying to hand to you.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

These are some questions that popped into my head reading this post:

1) Are your search results "personalized"?
    2) Is the total # of searches just in the english language?
    3) How does the # of searches in Adwords compare to other keyword tools?
    I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Bud Lite than Kay.

that is a pretty low amount of search volume and you can only get a percentage of the traffic out so it seems about right. if you get #1 for a higher frequency keyword, you will see more traffic. this is unless you have been penalized of course.
    [URL]http://Essociate.com[/URL]

SEO: A Specialty - Web Design: Slow or outsourced andbeyond's Avatar
    The Call is coming from Inside the House!
    Why dont your try running those keywords for traffic levels again with a better tool like Google Insights?

Quote Originally Posted by AdComm56
    a keyword phrase that the Goolge Adwords Keyword Tool says gets 12,100 hits per month.
    By default, the Keyword Tool shows traffic for the "broad match" variation of the keyword. Use the drop-down option to change it to Exact Match and then see what it says.

And your ranking may differ geographically also. You may be ranked #1 in Canada but #11 in the US, for example.
    --

Yes, an exact match will give you a better projection. Also, do make sure you check to make sure they are keywords that are actually worth the money. I typically go for keywords that are 1.50 or more.

This may be a simplistic question, but are you logged into your google account when checking? Search results are drastically different when logged in.
    Mary Joyce
    Affiliate Manager for GregRobert Pet Supplies
    [URL=http://www.GRpet.com]www.GRpet.com [/URL]

Hey gregrobert, I never new that thanks for that!
    I guess you learn something new everyday
    [URL=http://www.the-best-web-hosting-service.com/]Best Web Hosting Service[/URL] [COLOR=Blue]- Quality Reviews![/COLOR]

I suppose Google Adwords Tool gives estimate traffic on specific keyword only for paid traffic.

By one report's account, the #1 search engine result (SERP) gets 42% of the clicks, #2 gets about 12%, #3 get 8% and the rest falls off quickly. So that means that if you don't rank in the top 3-5, you're not going to get much of that 12,000 hit pie.

The other problem with the keyword ranking stuff is that Google (perhaps others too) don't throw back the same rankings for *everyone*. I noticed this once while walking someone through a search on the phone, and their results were quite different for the same search term. We were in different parts of the country. I have also seen repeatedly that keyword rank tracking tools don't get the same results that I do when I manually type in searches!

Sucks, but that's the way the cookie crumbles. ;-)
    HTH.

NEVER trust Google's keyword tool for anything more than a very broad estimate. It's definitely not the best piece of kit to get more than a vague overview of what may be possible.
    [B][COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=3]50% Recurring Commission on SAS! -- Up To $98.50 Per Sale, Per Month![/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
    [B]ALL-NEW[/B] SAS Social Media Marketing Program: [URL=http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=26086]Join AlphaHype.net NOW![/URL]
    [URL=http://alphahype.net/]AlphaHype website[/URL]. [URL=http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=603]ABW dedicated affiliate forum[/URL].

[B]Dani Evans[/B] -- AlphaHype.net Affiliate Program Manager. [B]email:[/B] dani (at) alphahype.net

Quote Originally Posted by Dani View Post
    NEVER trust Google's keyword tool for anything more than a very broad estimate. It's definitely not the best piece of kit to get more than a vague overview of what may be possible.
    So what would you recommend to use for a better idea?

I personally use KeywordSpy but warning it is a bit costly....

Same here. I search out my domain name and it's #1 out of 308,000,000, another keyword 27,400,000, then 5,840,000 and 179,000,000. I think that these keywords are not searched much. Would that be correct?

I have been ranked on 4th position on Google and yahoo for very unknown keyword according to Google suggestion "not enough data" for that keyword but i still got resonable visitors which suggest that their may be contradiction in Google suggestion ,might check any other tool of keyword selection

Affiliate Manager ParadigmWilliam's Avatar
    There is a huge difference in traffic you receive from 1st position to 2nd position and so on. But Google's tools are for suggestion only. Try using their webmaster tools to make sure your site is up to par and everything is ok.
    [URL="http://www.manageaffiliatelinks.com/"][COLOR="Red"][B]Manage Affiliate Links[/B][/COLOR][/URL] - Redirect Dead, Expired, or Broken Links

[URL="http://www.wpcoupon.com/"][COLOR="Blue"][B]WP Coupon[/B][/COLOR][/URL] - Turn Wordpress into a Coupon Site!

Risky to try a different page title to see if it grabs more visitors, but if you're not happy with your results, it might be worth a try.
    [URL=http://www.investeverymonth.com]InvestEveryMonth.com[/URL] - Build Wealth

I would suggest you to configure your website with google webmaster tools. Although it is not coming with perfect search results but they are somehow near by to the correct rankings.

If you are not sure if you are getting personalized search you can do this:

-Type your search into Google.
    -When you get your search results, go back up to the url and add this to the end: &pws=0
    -Then hit enter

You should get an "unpersonalized search".

I thought I was #1 for my main search term for months and it turns out I am #8-#10 and still have work to do!
    Dr. Marie runs an [URL="http://www.askavetquestion.com"]online vet advice[/URL] site which offers [COLOR=RED]25% commission[/COLOR] to all affiliates.

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread