Question Help with Linkshare links
    I could be completely clueless here, but after finding out my blog had been hacked, I am rechecking everything and have a question.

I use the popshops plugin on my wordpress blog and it works great. But, I happened to check one of my links of a product I picked in a post and I couldnt decipher the link itself.
    The link has the following in it "pid=183479&catid=104511&aid=333840"... but none of those are my Linkshare ID. I verified my Linkshare account id is correct in PopShops, so where is it in this code? How do I know if this indeed a correct link for my account or if its been hijacked or redirecting to someone else's account, etc ?

I apologize if I am missing something, but it seems fishy with everything else I've been cleaning up this morning on my hacked site....

Thank you!

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    pid= is generally a CJ link. If you want to send me a link to your page I can verify it. chamrick@affiliatecrew.com

Quote Originally Posted by windkd
    I could be completely clueless here, but after finding out my blog had been hacked, I am rechecking everything and have a question.

I use the popshops plugin on my wordpress blog and it works great. But, I happened to check one of my links of a product I picked in a post and I couldnt decipher the link itself.
    The link has the following in it "pid=183479&catid=104511&aid=333840"... but none of those are my Linkshare ID. I verified my Linkshare account id is correct in PopShops, so where is it in this code? How do I know if this indeed a correct link for my account or if its been hijacked or redirecting to someone else's account, etc ?

I apologize if I am missing something, but it seems fishy with everything else I've been cleaning up this morning on my hacked site....

Thank you!
    This is what you should do, get a Web Debugging Tool

A great one is called Fiddler

Quick link:
    http://www.fiddler2.com/fiddler2/

Download that, install it, Run it then open up IE or whatever browser you use.

Once you have the web debugging tool installed and running it will show you live all the stuff thats happening on your browser.

Go to your blog, click on the product link from pop shops and then check the debugger and look closely at the data there ..you should see the redirect from pop shops to the linkshare or whatever affiliate network with your code ---

Hope this helps!
    OpA! Giasou Ti kanies!

Quote Originally Posted by Magi
    This is what you should do, get a Web Debugging Tool

A great one is called Fiddler

Quick link:
    http://www.fiddler2.com/fiddler2/

Download that, install it, Run it then open up IE or whatever browser you use.

Once you have the web debugging tool installed and running it will show you live all the stuff thats happening on your browser.

Go to your blog, click on the product link from pop shops and then check the debugger and look closely at the data there ..you should see the redirect from pop shops to the linkshare or whatever affiliate network with your code ---

Hope this helps!

Another good one is the "Tamper Data" plug-in for Firefox. You can do the tracing right in the browser, and it works for SSL also.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick
    pid= is generally a CJ link
    I agree. A linkshare affiliate link would have "click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/click?id="

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread