Hi, all --

I've been at the helm of the FranklinCovey affiliate program for a couple months now, and working my guts out recruiting (in addition to writing the newsletters, designing the ads, handling customer service... you know the drill!).

We've recruited a lot of great sites -- our program has a great EPC and we're converting around 4% of our clicks -- but here's the deal: in CJ, the little "recruitment information" box says I've recruited 15 sites, and CJ has recruited some 1700. Needless to say, this causes some raised eyebrows around here, and people asking, "Why haven't WE recruited anyone?"

Does anybody have a cogent explanation of how sites are filtered into the two categories, and why it looks like I haven't recruited anybody? Similar experiences or possible solutions would be great!

Thanks, and have a great day!

Tom Dalton
    FranklinCovey Affiliate Manager

Santa Barbara, CA

If a publisher is already a member of the CJ network and joins your program, they are marked as network recruited. If they are new to the network and sign up via the co-branded application form, they are marked as recruited by you. It may very well be the case that you were responsible for getting publishers to join the FC program that were already members of the CJ network.

I hope this helps.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

Thanks for the explanation on the back-end, Todd.

I'd still be interested to hear how anybody else reports or separates who they've recruited versus who just gravitated to the program naturally through CJ.

When we're sending out hundreds of recruitment letters a week, and people sometimes sign up with names different than their website, it's really hard to track. Any thoughts?

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread