Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    February 10th, 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2
    Affiliate Page Content Duplication
    I have signed up as a affiliates with few companies. Can I use the same content which the company has got in its website? Will this affect my sales because I see that google might exclude the duplicate content.

    Help me plz.

  2. #2
    Half a Bubble Off Plumb RemodelingGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 1st, 2007
    Location
    Katy, Texas
    Posts
    3,250
    Think about what you are asking for a moment...

    I think the first thing you need to do is READ THE TOS of your merchants...

    Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )
    StartRemodeling.com .... MySprinklerGuy.com .... MyGarageGuy.com ....
    We're Bettering YOUR Life by Improving Where YOU Live It ...
    Do What You LOVE & LOVE What You Do! ....

  3. #3
    Affiliate Manager qualityunit's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 8th, 2007
    Location
    Bratislava, Slovakia (European Union)
    Posts
    116
    Yes, Google will penalize your domain for duplicate content - maybe not in first week after you will publish it, but in long term for sure.

    If you want to earn commissions, create something unique, offer to visitors unique information or value, which they can't find on any other place .... this is only way how to be successful as affiliate !

    If your plan is to earn quick money with affiliate marketing, you will always earn just few bucks per month

  4. #4
    Newbie
    Join Date
    January 1st, 2010
    Posts
    5
    Would be nice if the merchant had the common sense to exclude their text from the datafeed file.

    I had Linda The Bra Lady email me about copyright infringement. No problem, as she is correct if she wants to claim protection. Claimed to be worried about them being hurt for having duplicate content (I really wish people understood dupe content - I get penalized, not them).

    Point is, if you don't want it used, don't provide it in your datafeed. Easy enough to do.

    Removed her and replaced with another program on CJ. She got some decent sales from me, too. Too bad for her.

  5. #5
    Full Member gamweb61's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2005
    Location
    Daytona Beach, Florida
    Posts
    203
    Quote Originally Posted by mattd241
    Would be nice if the merchant had the common sense to exclude their text from the datafeed file.

    I had Linda The Bra Lady email me about copyright infringement. No problem, as she is correct if she wants to claim protection. Claimed to be worried about them being hurt for having duplicate content (I really wish people understood dupe content - I get penalized, not them).

    Point is, if you don't want it used, don't provide it in your datafeed. Easy enough to do.

    Removed her and replaced with another program on CJ. She got some decent sales from me, too. Too bad for her.
    I had a cellphone merchant do the same thing to me! He actually offered to buy the store I created from his datafeed! (I guess my store looked better than his did...)

    :coffeetim

  6. #6
    http and a telephoto
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    17,708
    If the content is in the datafeed, you are allowed to use it. Smart affiliates change some of the text to be unique to them, or make a site around the datafeed that offers added value that reduces the duplicate content penalty.

    You should never copy text directly from a merchant site that *isn't* included in the datafeed without written permission first.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

  7. #7
    Affiliate Manager craigstephen's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2010
    Location
    Leicester
    Posts
    293
    Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    If the content is in the datafeed, you are allowed to use it. Smart affiliates change some of the text to be unique to them, or make a site around the datafeed that offers added value that reduces the duplicate content penalty.

    You should never copy text directly from a merchant site that *isn't* included in the datafeed without written permission first.
    Certainly... All i can say is you have to put efforts and not only unique content you have to create, also it must be interesting and worth attention..... don't try to involve in such duplication, or else you will loose your time, money, efforts and reputation.....

    I wouldn't allow any of my affiliate to copy and paste my web data on his site.... even if it is gaining business for me... it will open doors to all others to do the same... that's one reason the content duplication is not allowed, and aware, alway take permission before you put any duplicate content
    thanks

  8. #8
    Newbie
    Join Date
    January 1st, 2010
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by craigstephen
    I wouldn't allow any of my affiliate to copy and paste my web data on his site.... even if it is gaining business for me... it will open doors to all others to do the same... that's one reason the content duplication is not allowed, and aware, alway take permission before you put any duplicate content
    thanks
    If someone is doing a C&P from your site, certainly. If you provide it in a datafeed you shouldn't come back later and complain it is being used when you provided it to the affiliates. It is easy enough to omit that portion of the data and only provide the manufacturers description for use as content.

  9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Featured: Homepage content vs Product Page content?
    By Walshie in forum Search Engine Optimization
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: May 19th, 2014, 09:58 AM
  2. Order Duplication and Tracking
    By bfree74 in forum Midnight Cafe'
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: March 4th, 2013, 04:53 PM
  3. Content/Essay-Style Content & Affiliate Sales
    By MicheleH in forum Newbie Affiliate FAQs & Helpful Articles
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: June 30th, 2011, 07:10 PM
  4. Page Duplication
    By Freebird in forum Commission Junction - CJ
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: October 22nd, 2005, 03:57 PM
  5. handling duplication of keywords on category pages
    By crazybagladies in forum WebMerge (Fourthworld.com)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: August 19th, 2005, 02:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •