GAN How can you do this to your publishers?
    Yesterday I tried to log into GAN, wouldn't let me in. Tried a password reset, said the account didn't exist. Tried to log into Adsense, said the same thing.

I sent an email and got this response.

Hello,

Google Affiliate Network released updated Terms & Policies during the
    fourth quarter of 2009. You did not accept the terms by our January 31,
    2010, deadline. As a result, your account has been closed. Your
    advertiser relationships and links are now inactive.

You may apply for a new account here:
    https://www.connectcommerce.com/secure/partner_app.html

Once approved for a new account, you will need to reapply to any
    advertiser programs which interest you and re-post all of your links.
    Your publisher ID will not be the same as in your previous account.

Please contact us if you have any further questions.

Thank you,

Affiliate Publisher Support
    Google Affiliate Network

Visit our online Help Center
    http://www.google.com/support/affiliatenetwork/

Visit our Help Forum
    http://www.google.com/support/forum/...enetwork?hl=en

OK, here's the hard part. I DID accept the new terms and conditions when the message appeared in December of last year. So how can I prove that I did? I never saw the message again nor did I receive any notifications.

What I'm really having a hard time with is I've been so careful working with Google because I know they have an automated hair trigger for terminations. I've never had any TOS violations, warnings, and have always been in good standing. Then I get this?

No mention was made about my account balance. Do I get paid for what I had in there? Why didn't they cancel my adwords account as well?

I really would like to hear from anyone at Google. All I keep getting is canned automated responses and can't get a decent answer, or a human answer, at all, from anyone.

Half a Bubble Off Plumb RemodelingGuy's Avatar
    Mack,

I have to tell ya man....

As the Google Butt Kissing Monkey around ABW, posts like this scare the crap out of me....

Google rules so much of my life, that if they were to put the screws to me, I'd be affected...

I hope you get this worked out...

I haven't had to email goog in a long time, but when the need has arisen, I've been able to resolve the issue pretty simply....

Looks like you're gonna have to start from the beginning...

Big Bummer!!!!

Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )
    StartRemodeling.com .... MySprinklerGuy.com .... MyGarageGuy.com ....
    We're Bettering YOUR Life by Improving Where YOU Live It ...
    Do What You LOVE & LOVE What You Do! ....

Google Affiliate Network Rep Google Affiliate Network Moderator's Avatar
    Hi,

Please email affiliatesupport[at]google.com and include your pubid. We'll be happy to look into your specific case.

Thanks!

Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by Google Affiliate Network Moderator
    Hi,

Please email affiliatesupport[at]google.com and include your pubid. We'll be happy to look into your specific case.

Thanks!

Jamie
    Have you had a chance to look into my case? I emailed you back on 2/6 and emailed affiliatepayment [at] google.com on 2/3 and have not received a response back yet.

I have also never had any TOS violations, warnings, and have always been in good standing, but I am being completely ignored. All I want is to receive my payment from the legacy system. Since I do have a AdSense account and was able to create a new GAN account and link it I would even accept it if you could transfer my balance from my old account to my new account, so it could be added to my AdSense balance.

I would really appreciate it if you could help me. It shouldn’t be this difficult to receive payment for commissions earned over a year ago.

Hello,

I understand your frustration. I don't manage those mailboxes. If you can email the email address I provided, the publisher support team can help you.

Thanks!

Jamie

Hello,

I understand your frustration. I don't manage those mailboxes. If you can email the email address I provided, the publisher support team can help you.

Thanks!

Jamie
    I sent an email to jamier[at]google.com on 2/6, because you posted to email you at that address in earlier posts. I have now sent a third email to affiliatesupport[at]google.com.

Hi,

Thanks!

Jamie
    Thank you for your response Jamie. I appreciate your effort and the fact that you responded in person.

Unfortunately that is the email address I was using and keep getting the canned response from, and they won't answer any questions, I just get the same canned reply.

I'm sorry to say I'm definitely not going back, without a doubt. I can't risk the time and effort of replacing all of my links and ads just to have this happen again at a later date. It just doesn't make sense to have business partners who walk on you like your worthless.

Mack

ABW Ambassador
    Before any network closes an account like that, minimum the affiliate should at least get an email, minimum, before that happens. Then with something like this, they should have a real person replying to these emails. And somebody at Google should be able to push a button and get these accounts reactivated in cases like this. That would be the affiliate friendly way to do things.

@Jamie,

I do want to add one more thing, for Jamie. I really do appreciate the fact that you guys come in here, and try to help us out when you can. I understand you have no control over any of this and I do appreciate that you do make efforts to assist us here when you can.

I just want to let you know your participation here is greatly appreciated, and that my frustration in this situation is in no way directed towards you. I sincerely apologize if any of my comments appeared to be a personal attack, not my intention at all.

Thanks Mack! I appreciate that. No worries. You build a tough skin here

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread