Ebay Changed RSS links. Surprise!
    Ebay decided to change the format of the RSS links yesterday. Apparently they announced it on the blog, instead of oh... sending emails or sending a message within the EPN interface. As a result, almost all of my ebay links are broken today. Thanks, EPN! You're making it so easy for me to not want to work with you anymore.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

Ebay Forums thread - http://forums.ebay.com/db2/topic/Eba...-Est/510190413

This includes links to fixes for various software ebay affiliates might be using (like BANS and PHPBay).
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

One of the great blessings of using phpbay Pro is illustrated in this whole sudden fiasco -- Wade, the developer of phpbay pro -- was up all night last night and has a fix already available to download from the members' only forum AND the phpbay pro purchase page already links to the new, fixed version.

Totally unsolicited "testimonial": Wade gives the absolutely BEST software support for owners of phpbay pro that I have ever seen from ANY software vendor, big or small.

(PS -- I wouldn't dare drop an affiliate link here, but if anyone's interested in buying phpbay Pro and should WANT to use my affiliate link -- contact me. Be happy to give it to you. LOL!)
    Generate more fake news.

I'll second writerguy's comment. I wish all developers were as dedicated and stand-up as Wade. He really sets the bar pretty high.

I can't believe I missed this. What a total screw up by ebay. I've been watching my daily EPC dwindle to almost nothing, in fact exactly nothing yesterday which I didn't think was possible. It's only by coincidence I saw this thread at all.

I have some BANS storefronts that were all dead in the water, and have been all month it seems. A simple solution was offered on the BANS forums, but geez, what a stupid waste of time.

excerpt from the blog:

For the vast majority of publishers, there will be no need to make any changes to the way you promote eBay or to how the RSS feed is configured. However, if you are using software or tools to further manipulate the RSS feed links (e.g. Build A Niche Store or PHPBay), you may need to check that your links still work properly after the change has been implemented. If you experience any issues, please contact your software or tool provider.

Below are examples of an RSS feed link in the current and new formats:

Example of current format RSS feed link:
    http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/707-53...&toolid=10005&
    mpre=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.de%2FElmo-Elchmeter-Bpz-Magicsport-Magic-Sport-2-2008-TOP_
    W0QQitemZ220551167382QQcmdZViewItemQQssPageNameZRSS%3AB%3ASRCH%3ADE%3A102

Example of new format RSS feed link:
    http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53...pid=5336450197
    &customid=&icep_item=350310730839&ipn=psmain&icep_vectorid=238401&kwid=9020
    99&mtid=824&kw=rss
    "God moves imperturbably, slowly, and with perfect organization. The only wise rate at which to live is God's rate. God get things done and they are done right and He does them without hurry. He neither fumes nor frets. He is peaceful and therefore efficient." - Norman Vincent Peale

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread