Cool For all you WordPress Bloggers
    On the February 8th of this year WordPress had posted there first Ipod Application to the app store. So far its pretty cool i mean you can do a lot just from your ipod. You can view your comments, posts , pages, or images if you have them. Plus you can actaully edit your old post and you can even write and submit a new post straight from your ipod. Its pretty cool and i just thought this might be something you guys are interested in

Thanks for posting that.

Interesting, indeed. I saw it yesterday - when I began looking for just such a tool. It appears that some other apps also have the ability to upload a photo from the iPhone and that's where I see my needs to be. However, I might be a bit more inclined to "trust" the one developed by the actual WordPress folks. I may download it later today and give it a try.

Do you have any experience with that one or any of the others yet?

Anyone have anything to share?
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

No, i havent used any other of the apps but it seems like this one is very reliable. And on this one you can post pictures straight to your blog from Ipod.

i wrote more about it in an article in my blog if youd like to check that out

http and a telephoto
    Vinny has a Wordpress app for the Droid that was free and he has used it already to post to one of his blogs from the phone. I'll let him explain the process
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

I am loving using the Droid to post from here is a link to the app http://android.wordpress.org/ they even have a little video.

You can view post and attach pictures to post. I usually write my post using notepad and then copy and paste it to this app and hit publish. It is a real simple process.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Thats really neat for anyone with a droid. Amazing what you can do with technology these days

Ah-ha! There is even a "site" for the iPhone WordPress App - (http://iphone.wordpress.org/) - It has an introductory video and links to FAQs and a Forum specifically for this App. Sweet.

As soon as I finish knocking snow and ice off of a sagging awning I'm going to download and explore this App. Looks very cool. And useful, too.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..

EXCELLENT! I like it. Does just what I need it to do (probably even more than I need). Just as Vinny said for parallel App on his Droid, "It is a real simple process."

I created a WP install for a future site - so I just gave the App a test with a simple "nonsense" post about our Snowy week here in Baltimore AND included a photo from my iPhone. (Tried it with a new photo but it is currently a bit too dark outside here for good quality.) The image was automatically resized for the default theme.

You can check it out here: http://www.dogsandcatschecks.com/ (no aff links, not developed yet, and I'll likely take it down in a few more days). If you click the image you can see the original size - all done automatically.

Wow - I can foresee all kinds of uses for this beyond that of a personal blog. Jill and I just started a WP installation to follow the uses of a certain type of footwear. This can be useful for on-the-spot updates and pix of the footwear in actual locations.

Excellent! I was just wondering yesterday if there was something like this. I have several blogs planned for the future, and it would be very convenient in some cases to be able to update some of them remotely from my iPhone.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

It's older than February 8th, if the app I wrote about back on October 31st is the same thing you're talking about. I wasn't impressed with it then, but I haven't tried it since.
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

I'm grabbing the app now and excited to give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel M. Clark
    It's older than February 8th, if the app I wrote about back on October 31st is the same thing you're talking about. I wasn't impressed with it then, but I haven't tried it since.
    It's been updated a couple of times since you wrote that. Version 2.0 was released on October 28 and V 2.2 was released two days ago. I don't know all the differences, but I am pretty happy with what I see thus far. As far as ease of posting links, there is a "help window" that pops up as you begin typing an URL. I'll need to work with this a bit more to form a real opinion, but if it proves to be reliable I can make use of it as is. YMMV

@ John - Please let us know your experience/opinion.

Good to know, thanks Bill. I'll give it another whirl.

Still can't imagine trying to write HTML on an iPhone keyboard though...
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

Daniel the one for the droid requires no html at all. You double press to create a link and press a button to insert a pic.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel M. Clark
    Good to know, thanks Bill. I'll give it another whirl.

Still can't imagine trying to write HTML on an iPhone keyboard though...
    I, too, tried the older app and found it a little lacking. I think I'll give it another whirl, too.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

I just got up a test post and it seems real handy. I grabbed a quick image with the iPhone camera and it all went smooth. The image ends up at the bottom and I can't see any way of positioning it, but you could always tweak it when getting back to the ole PC.

well im glad this thread got some attention. as said before i know this app didnt come out two days ago as i believe it came out in October of last year. This was just the newest update.

plus if any of you guys got a look at my blog, any advice or feedback?

You can request feedback for your site here: http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=146

Quote Originally Posted by John Powell
    I just got up a test post and it seems real handy. I grabbed a quick image with the iPhone camera and it all went smooth. The image ends up at the bottom and I can't see any way of positioning it, but you could always tweak it when getting back to the ole PC.
    Try this, John. After you save the post go back and add text under the picture. I just tried it on my experimental sample (site listed in post above) from last night - even added a second image and put text under that. With a bit of mental pre-planning (or going back and editing) this can actually be quite a flexible tool. I just hooked it up to my personal "flying" site, which is based on a W/P install (but haven't posted anything there yet).

You can even go back and edit the time-stamp on your posts. In doing that you can effectively change the order in which the posts display.

It also does a nice job of showing a preview on the iPhone. But, of course, the iPhone does a fine job of viewing the actual site(s).

So far I am really liking this App.

Yeah its is a very conveinent app for anybody that uses Wordpress. I just love how i can manage my Blog from my ipod

The one thing I would love for them to add to the WordPress app would be the ability to view stats for your blog. There is another app in the store written by a 3rd party that does let you see stats for your WordPress sites, but, I would love to have it all rolled in to 1 app.

I'll be here... waiting patiently.

yeah i agree completely. usually when i get on thats the first thing i check so it would be nice to be able to track that from anywhere

25. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread