Make $ with Media Buys
    I'm new to the forum and wanted to share something that should help those of you who are interested in making money with CPA. Most of you guys know that Acai/Colon/Teeth offers dominated the media buy space for the last year, but with the death of the rebill all that has changed. These 'free trial' offers were appealing to run because it was so easy to cash in on them... but it was obvious that they wouldn't last forever.

Newbies were able to copy popular Landing Pages and jack the same 2 offers they saw used, then spend money on the same traffic sources for an easy way to make a ton of cash. Now that the free trials are gone it seems like almost no one knows what to do next. I'm not going to give out any of my secrets here, but this advice should help anyone who's not afraid of using some creativity and trying something new.

A few things to consider:

1) Bid prices at all the major (and smaller) ad networks are about 30% - 50% of what they were just a few months ago

2) Even when the free trials were hot, they were only targeting about 20% of the available traffic at any of the big ad networks - there are hundreds of sites to choose from, most of which are ignored. Think niches!

3) ALWAYS use a Landing Page, DO NOT direct link. No one who makes real money uses direct linking. Outsource if you have to, but don't direct link to an offer. Your Landing Page is what's going to turn the prospect into a buyer if you know what to say.

4) All the major self serve ad networks allow you to see their full inventory before you spend a dollar. Go through this entire list, then go through the list of offers in your favorite network. Visit these sites and see what's being promoted. Can you do it better? Is there something not being promoted that you could make a killing on?

That's it for now

Affiliate Manager
    Any suggestions on who can build a good landing page?

How do I find these ad networks?

Quote Originally Posted by TxJackie
    Any suggestions on who can build a good landing page?

How do I find these ad networks?
    You can hire someone on Elance to make a great LP. Do some research and you should be able to find someone very good for a great price.

Here are a few Ad Networks - Adbrite, Pulse360, Vibrant Media

Affiliate Manager
    I posted an ad an AdBrite one time. Had to take it down after 10 minutes. I got slammed with traffic and it was mostly from SexKorea.

Maybe I didn't set up the ad correctly but it was worthless traffic and a waste of money...cheap money.. but still worthless because it didn't produce results.

I'll have to check it out again. Thanks for the tips.

Try to use a self serve ad network to get started. Being able to choose the exact sites your ad is shown on is the way to go for someone getting started - This way your in full control and theres no guessing involved.

Affiliate Manager
    what is a self serve network?

Half a Bubble Off Plumb RemodelingGuy's Avatar
    Have a look at this site for some really good research on landing pages.

Click Here

Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )
    StartRemodeling.com .... MySprinklerGuy.com .... MyGarageGuy.com ....
    We're Bettering YOUR Life by Improving Where YOU Live It ...
    Do What You LOVE & LOVE What You Do! ....

One reason why acai/colon/teeth rebills were so popular last year is because they made money by tricking people into large credit card charges.

The claims were a trick, the fake blog and testimonials were a trick, and most importantly, the "free trial" was a trick because the small print terms usually said the free trial started when order, but the customer thought the free trial started when it was received in the mail. (Can you start a free trial if you don't have the product yet?) This caused many people to have large charges put on their credit cards with little recourse for getting their money back. This is why the CPA companies could pay the PPC pros so much money to bring them their next victims.

I'm glad these rebill offers are dying off fast. It was an embarrasing development for web marketing.

I have a theory that is similar to Moore's law. (Computers get more powerful while their price goes down.)

My theory is that the honesty of affiliate offers will go down as the cost of the PPC game rises.

Yes, there are a lot of genuine companies doing PPC with good results. However, the affiliate types who are competing against each other in the PPC world are going down a road of diminishing returns... and ethics.
    [URL=http://www.investeverymonth.com]InvestEveryMonth.com[/URL] - Build Wealth

Question Direct Linking vs via a Landing Page
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCPAinsider
    3) ALWAYS use a Landing Page, DO NOT direct link. No one who makes real money uses direct linking. Outsource if you have to, but don't direct link to an offer. Your Landing Page is what's going to turn the prospect into a buyer if you know what to say.
    Hi @TheCPAinsider - I'm really curious about this. Can you elaborate more on why you (and well so many others) say this? What do you think the difference in conversions would be like? For example, 10% w/ a LP vs 2% w/o?
    Thanks!

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread