Have you used Facebook?
    I had attempted to use Facebook to advertise. It works just like any other PPC website. So i had over 20000 impressions and i did not have one click. not one. i just thought this was ridiculous. i shut down my account because it was just a waste. have you had any luck with facebook?

Uncheck CPM and change to CPC setting, pay only for clicks/adds. Clickthroughs should convert to adds at least 90% of the time.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

thanks i did not try that. what is the difference between CPM and CPC?

CPC you only pay for performance... clicks or adds. If they display your ad a gazillion times and nobody clicks or adds, then you don't get your wallet vacuumed out.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

yeah thats what i must have had it sent on before because i had no clicks, in turn no money spent.

As you can see FB is now viral... and used as primary medium for networking, information etc. so that's obvious that if we do CPM through generalized network that is FB, we wont get much of the result, i have done the same mistake and lost my $100 over nothing, CPM works where you think your relevant traffic is present... but no way at FB, even for CPC too... it can be good for fashion, FMCG products, resturants, Magazaines marketing... but not good for every business....!
    [FONT="Georgia"][SIZE="4"]Craig Stephen[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [URL="http://Logoinn.com/affiliate-program"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Sienna"][B][SIZE="1"]Logoinn.com[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL] | [SIZE="2"][URL="http://Logodesign247.com"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="SeaGreen"][B][URL="http://www.logodesign247.com/affiliate/"][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Logodesign247.com[/COLOR][/URL][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL][/SIZE]
    [EMAIL="affiliate@logoinn.com"][SIZE="2"]Contact Us[/SIZE][/EMAIL] | [SIZE="2"][URL="http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=30741"][COLOR="Black"]Full [B]PPC[/B] Allowed / [B]30%[/B] flat commission / Unlimited Cookies [/COLOR][[B][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Logo Design[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="Red"]24/7[/B][/COLOR]][/URL][/SIZE]

yeah i thought about that but thought id check it out and see how it did. clearly this wasnt the best way to go

ABW Ambassador
    As with any new media, you will need to be patient. FB isn't anything like google or yahoo ppc. Its a totally different beast. Plus its not search based, its contextual,more like adsense but with a much different algorithm.

Create at least 5 pictures and 3 ad copies. Then combine them to get 15 ad variations. Run the 15 ads on CPC. If one or a few of the ads work, keep them and discard the rest. Then keep the winning ad copies, get a few more pictures to try more ad variations.
    FB ads gets stale soon. So you will need to keep changing the picture every few weeks.

Yeah honestly i didnt have much luck with with either google or yahoo. Ive been using Microsoft ad center and i love it

10. Newsletter Signup

Closed Thread