Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Illinios Internet Tax Bill Introduced!!!
    A bill similar to the New York law was read yesterday in Springfield. See below:

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/full...AID=10&Session

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Anyone in Illinois who wants to get involved - shoot me an email Brian @ ShareASale ... i'm collecting info and can be a central point of contact for anyone who wants one. We're in Chicago and will be doing all we can.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Affiliate Advocacy will also be helping as we have in every state since the very beginning. Be sure to ask any questions, the more facts you have the better prepared you will be.
    You can reach me through the contact form on AffiliateAdvocacy.com
    Melanie
    President - Affiliate Advocacy 2008 ShareaSale Performance Industry Advocate Award, 2009 Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award - Affiliate Advocate
    Affiliate Advocacy
    NYAffiliateVoice Seery Writing

Sorry to hear this. Your chances of success are high, most states defeated similar bills.

Brian, I'm working on writting a summary of the Colorado events (from my perspective), let me know if you want a copy or/and if I can help in any way.

Good luck.

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Get EVERY e-marketer in IL involved in this guys. By now, PMA or somebody should have a template of action that includes recommended step by step procedures, sample letters and key points that can quickly educate IL industry folks. It is REAL, repeat, it is REAL important that people show in mass to oppose this bill. It has a definite impact. The best of luck to you.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Quote Originally Posted by Brian - ShareASale
    Anyone in Illinois who wants to get involved - shoot me an email Brian @ ShareASale ... i'm collecting info and can be a central point of contact for anyone who wants one. We're in Chicago and will be doing all we can.
    Email is on the way!

Please post links for letter/email templates to make it easy for everyone to contact their reps.

ABW Ambassador Stephanie Lichtenstein's Avatar
    I am also willing to help if anyone has questions etc.
    @MicroSteph | Stephanie Lichtenstein
    President of Micro Media Marketing
    Outsourced Social Media Management
    Get Connected: LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | AIM: AffiliateLady | Skype: StephanieLichtenstein

CPA Network Rep
    I am interested in attempting to get this quashed.

Brian, I sent you in email.

Outsourced Program Manager kgarcia's Avatar
    Please note this bill moved out of the Assignment Committee on Wednesday 2/24 and has been assigned to the Revenue Committee. Time to get involved!!

http://www.ilga.gov/senate/committee...ommitteeID=620
    Karen Garcia
    [URL=http://lab6media.com]Lab6 Media[/URL]
    Are you a content creator? A serial entrepreneur? New to the space or a long time player? We'd love to work with you!
    [URL=http://lab6media.com/clients/]Explore the affiliate programs we manage![/URL]

Thanks Karen!

Everyone - I emailed a bunch of Illinois Affiliates today ... just now. If you are here and from Illinois and didn't already get my email ... please be in touch at brian @ shareasale.com

The reason this is done in private emails as opposed to open forums is that we don't wish to share our information with those who may approve of this bill ... it isn't an attempt to keep anyone out of the loop that wants to help... just email me and I'll get you data, templates, whatever you need.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton

CPA Network Rep
    I had a couple reps at the meeting, but they didn't pay attention to the postponed items and all.

What's the word?

Jason,

We had quite a few folks drive down mostly from the Chicago area and our mood right now it cautious optimism. A lot of different people are continuing to work on the issue at various levels but for right now the bill is basically on pause for a bit... Yesterday's result was good for us but still a lot of work to be done.

It wasn't postponed yesterday - the bill was called and there was testimony on both sides, etc...
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton

CPA Network Rep
    They had a doc appt I forgot about, so they couldn't stay the entire meeting, probably happened when they left.

Just my luck.

No worries, it was a good result for us yesterday and now we can begin work on the next stages... Thanks for your support and if I hear anything I'll let you know.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton

Affiliate Manager Matt McWilliams's Avatar
    Brian, from what I heard, well done sir!

Keep up the good fight!
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Good luck to all IL affiliates. Hopefully everyone possible is emailing and calling your reps and state senators offices so they hear the voice of objection.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Good luck to everyone in Illinois on this important issue. We recently moved from the Chicago area to Texas and still feel a connection to that area.

What is the status of this bill? Is it still going strong or in limbo?

I just started affiliate marketing about 3 months ago. I have been working with another affiliate program, but I was interested in getting in with Amazon. After I heard about what Amazon did to Colorado and affiliates from other states, I am worried about joining.

I tried to do some research online, but there isn't much out there about the Illinois Affiliate Tax bill.

tax benifits in investment
    certain investments like roth IRA provides tax benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by mattsmalls View Post
    certain investments like roth IRA provides tax benefits.
    What does a Roth IRA have to do with the Illinois Affiliate Tax Bill?

Quote Originally Posted by jlm1982 View Post
    What is the status of this bill? Is it still going strong or in limbo?

I just started affiliate marketing about 3 months ago. I have been working with another affiliate program, but I was interested in getting in with Amazon. After I heard about what Amazon did to Colorado and affiliates from other states, I am worried about joining.

I tried to do some research online, but there isn't much out there about the Illinois Affiliate Tax bill.
    Essentially safe until the new session begins. Legislators needed additional time to work on issue. This means it is likely to resurface again.

The outcome of the NY lawsuit will have huge impact on these types of bills in Illinois and other states.
    Melanie
    President - Affiliate Advocacy 2008 ShareaSale Performance Industry Advocate Award, 2009 Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award - Affiliate Advocate
    Affiliate Advocacy
    NYAffiliateVoice Seery Writing

Thank you so much!

Advertising Tax Bill SB 3393 has passed Illinois State Legislature
    It's now on the Governor's desk to sign it into law. I highly recommend everyone to send Governor Pat Quinn a message via his mail form online stating how this affects you and how Illinois is forcing their residents to move out of state to preserve their incomes: Governor : Contact the Governor

Amazon.com has already stated that if this bill gets signed into law, they will terminate their affiliate relationship with Illinois affiliates.

This is in reference to: Advertising Tax Bill SB 3393

Read more about it here: More 'Amazon taxes' advance in states - Don't Mess With Taxes

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    No, THIS is the scenario and the up-to-date info.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast