Affiliate Manager
    Zen cart programming question
    My site is in Zen Cart and I am adding some java scripts from DynamicDrive. I need to give them credit but don't want to put it right under the images that the script runs.

I want to put it in the footer of the site.

According to the Zen Cart manual I bought:
    "The copyright text cannot be turned off in the Admin Console. To alter the copyright text, open up the <zc-home>/includes/ languages/english.php file and edit the text next to the “FOOTER_TEXT_BODY” field."

I can find the file the manual indicates. I was expecting to find the web designer's info there and was going to simply add the Dynamic Drive info next to it. The file I find does not have any of the web designer's info so I don't think I am looking at the right file. I have looked in every directory for another "english.php" file and can't find anything with the web designer's info added.

Where else should I be looking?

I don't have ZC anymore.. but I remember this problem well!

Did you look for another english.php file in your templates folder..?

Alternatively, you might have a footer file under templates as well (common, or something) - tpl_footer.php

Affiliate Manager
    Thank you so much TeeZone. It was in the tpl_footer.php file.

I found the file in the directory:
    /public_html/includes/templates/simple/common

I can't believe how many layers of folders there are out there. It makes it really difficult to find stuff.

http and a telephoto
    Glad you found it, was just going to go looking for it for you Yes, the levels are clumsy and annoying. I have a list of what things are where because they aren't where you thought they were or where it would be logical for them to be
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Glad I could help!

I did battle with ZenCart a couple of years ago, and happy to say I came out the victor (such a fiddly app, but very powerful)

This reminds me of a lovely storefront I had built.. need to put that back up as one of my demo sites.

Affiliate Manager
    I spent all day fixing the home page. It is better than it was (it is actually showing up in Firefox now) but not quite where I want it. Since I am not a programmer and have absolutely no experience with html or any of that stuff, it takes me a long time to figure it out. I always save the original coding in a word file so if I screw it up I can fix it by recopying the original coding.

ZC got me really frustrated yesterday, so I printed out all of the directories and have been writing notes as I find things. It was a lot to print but I think it will be easier to find things later.
    Last edited by SlowCooker; February 12th, 2010 at 05:03 PM. Reason: can't type

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread