The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    Truth is stranger than fiction
    OK OK, who came out with this idea. This is a real reality series. I'm not going to mention its name, but I suppose you can find it if you want to. I find the concept totally bizarre. Below find description of this new reality series.

What do you get when you take one of the country's top chefs, throw in 24 ex-cons with no culinary experience, and give them just three weeks to open a high-end restaurant from scratch?

Marc Thuet, world-renowned executive chef, and his wife and business partner, Biana Zorich, put their reputations on the line with a high-stakes challenge that will push them—and their charges—to the limit.

Marc and Biana have three weeks to train a staff of former bank robbers, thieves and minor offenders. They also have to completely outfit a brand new business, and create an Italian menu around fresh and seasonal ingredients. But the real challenge will be making it beyond opening night—because once the eatery opens, the restaurant's motley crew have only three months to turn a profit—or their bosses will pull the plug, and they'll lose their second (or last?) chance to turn their lives around.
    Expert who says Moo

a.k.a. OJMOO

Cow Dance

Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    It really isn't that new. It has been on since September, on Canadian TV.

Can't wait for Fox to pick it up in the US.
    phil@abestweb.com | Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz

The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    It has been picked up in the US on one of the cable channels, that's how I know it exists, I saw a commercial. But what about convicts running a restaurant interests you? Would you eat in such a restaurant??? Would you check you coat? Would you pay with a credit card?
    Expert who says Moo

a.k.a. OJMOO

Cow Dance

http and a telephoto
    And how do you know your favorite restaurant now isn't run by ex-cons?

People do bad things, people learn their lesson and pay the price and now they are getting a chance to be productive. Some people won't learn, but for others something like this can change their life.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Half a Bubble Off Plumb RemodelingGuy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    And how do you know your favorite restaurant now isn't run by ex-cons?

People do bad things, people learn their lesson and pay the price and now they are getting a chance to be productive. Some people won't learn, but for others something like this can change their life.
    It's noble for someone to give folks a second chance...

But do you advertise it???

We're starting out...

Not sure how it's going to go??

And by the way, all of our employees are ex-cons...

99% of those folks are prolly trying their best!

It's that 1% that sneaks up to bite you in the butt -

Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )
    StartRemodeling.com .... MySprinklerGuy.com .... MyGarageGuy.com ....
    We're Bettering YOUR Life by Improving Where YOU Live It ...
    Do What You LOVE & LOVE What You Do! ....

Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    No to the coat and credit card.

Eat there - maybe.

Watch the show - at least once.

A few years ago, a similar true-life story began in East Los Angeles. Homeboy Bakery was started to provide training and work experience for gang members in LA. It has been a huge success and expanded into related businesses, including the Homeboy Cafe, and it has been the model for similar programs around the country. You can read more about it here.

If the show can help rehabilitate a few of these people and influence them to hold steady jobs and become contributing members of society, then more power to Chef Thuet and the rest of the show's staff.
    phil@abestweb.com | Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz

Quote Originally Posted by oranges
    ... But what about convicts running a restaurant interests you? Would you eat in such a restaurant???
    Guess what!

Did you ever visited the link on this old thread? http://forum.abestweb.com/showpost.p...22&postcount=1

Are you sure it's real?most reality shows depend on dramatization to increase their ratings

Not only would I eat there, I would work there. I would trust an "ex-con" with my money just as quick as I would anyone else.

On or before April 15th, we will all have entrusted a bunch of "cons" with our money anyway.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowfinch
    On or before April 15th, we will all have entrusted a bunch of "cons" with our money anyway.

Truer words have never been spoken.
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

+ Reply to Thread