Forum Marketing Traffic
    I run a blog that is based on web hosting, wordpress, web design. CMS, ect. All things that are related to web hosting ecommerce, ect. Well, basically I am having a hard time finding forums that are related to my niche that will allow me to put my articles in my signature.

I do use blog commenting, social newtorking, social bookmarking, article marketing, ect. However, I want to use forum marketing but it seems really hard to find good places where I can get some exposure to my articles.

This might be the wrong place to my thread, so if it is I am sorry.
    [URL=http://www.the-best-web-hosting-service.com/]Best Web Hosting Service[/URL] [COLOR=Blue]- Quality Reviews![/COLOR]

http and a telephoto
    Forums have suffered with so much spam that most do have rules about posting links. Most affiliate programs have strict rules about not placing links in forums also.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Yeah, I am starting to find that out. I tried about 10 forums. I read there TOS of service and everything. I even emailed their costumer support. None of them want anything to do with articles from ezinearticles on their site. It is kind of frustrating but I think I will find some forums that are not really directed to the web hosting market. Maybe just like wordpress, blogging, web design, and other geeky internet stuff. Kind of a chore in its self to find good forums to participate on.

Really not trying to market my blog, but rather get more exposure to my articles and such. Well, I mean I am trying to get traffic to my blog, but that is not the focal point, yet. I am not a newbie with affiliate marketing but really in between, newbie and advanced. If you know of any good forums to contribute on for this niche please let me know. I have been blog commenting, article marketing, video marketing (starting monday), social bookmarking, and social networking. I have considered some three way linking, but really I don't have anything of value to offer except my site that reports scams online. I know a lot of people probably wouldn't even want to consider a trade like that though.

I try to not just stick to one marketing practice, and rather space them out. It is a challenging task, but I hope I can gain enought resources here to help me. I have made some decent money with it but really I know that it can pay much more.

Any ideas?
    [URL=http://www.the-best-web-hosting-service.com/]Best Web Hosting Service[/URL] [COLOR=Blue]- Quality Reviews![/COLOR]

Honestly, I wouldn't waste time going down the forum route. There are so many other ways to increase traffic and promote brand awareness, you simply don't need forums - and if you don't need them, you're wasting time chasing them.

Diversification is awesome, don't get me wrong - spacing out your efforts, like you said, is great. But while I wouldn't say that all forum-based marketing efforts are pointless, I would say that if you're finding it exceptionally difficult and time consuming in your niche, you're better off just writing off forums and concentrating on other avenues.
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

Yeah, I really feel the best way to market the blog is to make some really creative videos that teach people stuff. For instance, I am a designer so making some videos on teaching someone the importance on CMS on Wordpress could be very helpful to someone. However, probably not the best example, and it would have to be beginner type stuff because a experienced designer would probably not be to interested in reading my hosting reviews, then again you never know. They might take a look at my ones that people have been complaining on and leave me a comment why or why not they don't like BLANK hosting. But then again, if they are subscribing to my blog further on down the line they might remember me when signing up for hosting.

So really it is going to be a challenge and I am going to do a lot of blog commenting, article marketing, three way link building, joint venture (only thing is I don't have anything to offer...lol) maybe I could design something for someone so that they would mention me in the mailing list, just a thought. I do know that I am going to use social networking and bookmarking to promote it, which is very good.

As far a forums go, maybe not so much. I have one forum account and I have a good amount of post there. I do have a link to my ecommerce article there. I do have starter thread that has been getting a lot of views, because it first time ecommerce newbies a thing or two about ecommerce. Kind of just seeing if it will get any click throughs or not.

I know it is not an easy niche, and will take a lot of time and work. I know I have to stick with something I am at least passionate about or have knowledge in.

I use to participate to a number of forums because I like being there and joining to different discussions. And I have to say that I don;t like when someone comes to post their "precious articles" (usually in a "how-to-do-something" style) and uses forums as a place to make "statements". Just forget that web forums are place to do marketing and thing them as a place where to socialize.

I use them for marketing research not really to promote anything

Quote Originally Posted by silver93350
    Yeah, I really feel the best way to market the blog is to make some really creative videos that teach people stuff..
    This is a really good idea. Big thing to keep in mind when doing it though: audio quality! I hate listening to something that sounds like an answering machine at the end of a tunnel. Take time to make sure that the sound quality of your videos is good, and that your voice is clear.

Cool Forum Posting
    Quote Originally Posted by silver93350 View Post
    Yeah, I am starting to find that out. I tried about 10 forums. I read there TOS of service and everything. I even emailed their costumer support. None of them want anything to do with articles from ezinearticles on their site. It is kind of frustrating but I think I will find some forums that are not really directed to the web hosting market. Maybe just like wordpress, blogging, web design, and other geeky internet stuff. Kind of a chore in its self to find good forums to participate on.

Really not trying to market my blog, but rather get more exposure to my articles and such. Well, I mean I am trying to get traffic to my blog, but that is not the focal point, yet. I am not a newbie with affiliate marketing but really in between, newbie and advanced. If you know of any good forums to contribute on for this niche please let me know. I have been blog commenting, article marketing, video marketing (starting monday), social bookmarking, and social networking. I have considered some three way linking, but really I don't have anything of value to offer except my site that reports scams online. I know a lot of people probably wouldn't even want to consider a trade like that though.

I try to not just stick to one marketing practice, and rather space them out. It is a challenging task, but I hope I can gain enought resources here to help me. I have made some decent money with it but really I know that it can pay much more.

Any ideas?
    Hello silver93350 keep trying there are others who will allow you to post after you qualify by writing a certain number of posts and giving value to the community. Post to these while you keep searching for forums that do allow links.

There are other forums that will highlight your post online and give you awesome ranking in Google. They include your link in your profile, which links back to your site if- your post is interesting or outstanding value. Quality of your content is the key here. All good things take time

cheers Philip
    Last edited by Stratplayer1; March 25th, 2010 at 12:52 PM. Reason: editing? lol

ok do you happen to know any of them?

Forum marketing is a good way to get good ranking and traffic. Just do it right. Read the rules of the forum sites.

Hmm, I see here in the thread that most posters say forums are not good marketing. I had always assumed they were. Has the thinking changed on this, or was it like that all along, just that people assumed incorrectly?
    [URL=http://themoneyforums.com]The Money Forums[/URL]

People can still follow your signature links, but most search engines have stopped giving credit to links in forums and blog comments.
    [URL=http://www.investeverymonth.com]InvestEveryMonth.com[/URL] - Build Wealth

Forum marketing can still be very useful as it's not just the traffic you generate but also the resources you might learn about while wondering around posting and chatting with other members. I like to go int each forum ready to learn and contribute by passing it on so don't give up on them just yet.

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread