Hello everyone,

The site that I am currently building is sort of a niche site, mostly aimed at men. It features six merchants, only a few of which have a data feed ... one of them is a computer-related retailer and only offers one service, so no feed is needed.

Here is what I am thinking, please let me know if you have had success in doing the following:

My index page will be a splash page of sorts, with the six merchants featured ... you can then select which store you would like to go to.

Once in a store, I was thinking that it might be a good idea to have a 'best sellers' list (on my site), then a "View entire selection" option that would lead to the affiliate site.

That way, I could have like 10 items featured per merchant. If they select -more details- on the item, they are sent to the affiliate, likewise if they choose -View Entire Selection- they are also sent to the affiliate.

Do sites like this convert, rahter than listing the entire product catalog on my site?

Thanks!

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Do sites like this convert, <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes. Provided that you get reasonable volume of targetted traffic.

Consider that when you promote a merchant who does not offer a product feed, you have the competitive advantage of having limited competition; you are only up against the select few who put in the elbow grease to build a site from the ground up. When you promote merchants who offer a feed, you are up against a thousand or more smash-and-grab SE spammers as well.

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    &gt; My index page will be a splash page of sorts, with the six merchants featured ... you can then select which store you would like to go to

All should be ok, except the splash. It should be quick to load and mostly text. If you use too much graphics and takes to long to load pople get desperate.

The observation about graphics is a valid one. The Splash Page does have images, which I have optimized (I will be optimizing more now that I think about it).

Currently, the page has 38k worth of graphics, I'll probably get that down to 30k. Is that reasonable?

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread