Blog Commenting
    I am always looking for ways to improve my link building and for this thread I wanted to talk about blog commenting. First, I am going to tell you how I find relevent blogs related to my niche:

1. I will simply go to Google Blogs and type in keywords. I will usually check and see how many subscribers they have to make it worth my while.

2. I will go to mybloglog dot come do the same. Again, I usually only comment on blogs with a good amount of subscribers.

3. Then I will go to digg, stumble, techniratti (however you spell it) and mixx. I will look for good blogs there, as well.

4. I will then go to feedage and do the same.

However, I am just looking for more methods of finding good blogs to comment on. With aside from the obvious going to Google and Yahoo and checking on your comps blogs what other ways do you find good blogs to comment on?

I would really like to hear what has worked for you in the past.
    [URL=http://www.the-best-web-hosting-service.com/]Best Web Hosting Service[/URL] [COLOR=Blue]- Quality Reviews![/COLOR]

Blog comments is not link building.

What you've just described is generally known as "comment spam".

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

http and a telephoto
    There is a difference between Comment Spam and finding blogs that are related to you that you actually want to read and make *appropriate* comments in. I wouldn't assume the OP is going to spam. Just posting "nice post" or "i agree" or "nice site" with links to your sites would be comment spam, adding something meaningful to the conversation wouldn't be.

Blogs are designed to allow discussion on posts unless the blog owner turns comments off.

I wouldn't limit your comments to blogs with a lot of subscribers or that have a specific page rank, or even ones without nofollow. If you are interested in getting real traffic from blog comments I would make appropriate comments in any blog that you can add to the conversation for.

I get a lot of blog commenters (real ones) from my followers on twitter for my own blogs.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

http and a telephoto
    Moved thread from Virtual Family to Driving Traffic forum. This isn't a topic for Virtual Family.

Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    There is a difference between Comment Spam and finding blogs that are related to you that you actually want to read and make *appropriate* comments in. I wouldn't assume the OP is going to spam.
    Agreed, and perhaps I jumped to the wrong conclusion regarding the OP's intentions, but the OP made no mention of actually wanting to read or contribute. Just:

Quote Originally Posted by silver93350
    I am always looking for ways to improve my link building and for this thread I wanted to talk about blog commenting....

....However, I am just looking for more methods of finding good blogs to comment on.
    It sounded to me like link building was the only intent.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by rematt
    Agreed, and perhaps I jumped to the wrong conclusion regarding the OP's intentions, but the OP made no mention of actually wanting to read or contribute. Just:

It sounded to me like link building was the only intent.

-rematt
    Even if it was, hopefully explaining a better use of blog comments will help both the OP *and* anyone else that happens upon the thread in the future

Yeah, I really wasn't talking about spamming someones blog. You have to be respectful to other peoples work. Also, I understand that you have to add something to the conversation, but do it in a way that doesn't look spamming. I believe it is a way of link building in sense, because you are getting your site or blog out there. Getting people talking which will build links over time if it is good content.
    [URL=http://www.the-best-web-hosting-service.com/]Best Web Hosting Service[/URL] [COLOR=Blue]- Quality Reviews![/COLOR]

Blog comments that add value to the conversation is indeed the way to go, otherwise the blog owner may just delete your comments or not approve them or even simply ban you.

Posting comments on blog only to get links stuck there mean being parasite on someone's else's website. However if you really like a few blogs and contribute to them this is something that would be appreciated.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread