What are the best ways for increasing Page Rank?
    Anyone help me to increase my Page rank in google?

SEO: A Specialty - Web Design: Slow or outsourced andbeyond's Avatar
    The Call is coming from Inside the House!
    Links from high pagerank pages.

But it is fairly clear that the number does not update very often and may not be that important.

CPA Network Rep
    Hi Webdesire1. In order to build your page rank, you need to search engine optimize your site both onsite and offsite. Onsite optimization is one part of your SEO process and entails having a clean site, proper code and at least five pages of keyword relevant content containing at least 300 words per page. When Google allocates a page rank, your site's offsite optimization is most heavily weighted and relates to the number of quality backlinks your site has. A backlink is formed when a website points a one-way link to your site. However you don't want a crappy site with a page rank of 0 pointing a one way link to you, because this will only hurt, not help. A strong backlink is formed when an authorative site (we recommend with a page rank of 2 of higher) that contains content relevant to your own points a permanent, one way link to your site. Please keep in mind if you also have a link on your site pointing to the site linking to you, the link is canceled out.

Linkbuilding is an expensive and tedius process that requires a lot of time and relationship building in order to be done correctly and effectively. However, it will have the greatest effect on your page rank because Google sees links as votes. Think of it like a popularity contest. The more links or "votes" your site has, the more Google considers your site as being authorative and relevant. Think about it, you can control everything on your own site in terms of code and content. However, when Google sees multiple relevant sites pointing to yours that have similar content and page ranks of 2 or higher, it assumes your site must be authoratative and relavent to what the searcher is looking for otherwise those sites would not point a link to your own site. Building backlinks is a slow process and should happen gradually. If you take the time to develop a link building strategy, you will start seeing results in 3-6 months, depending on how keywords your building links for. Depending on your budget, you may want to pick 5-10 of your most important keywords to start with, (which should be optimized on your website) and start building back links for those keywords. That being said, you'd want to reach out to websites that also utilize these keywords and have at least a page rank of two or higher. The websites will probably ask for $ in exchange, but it is a great investment and once you have the positioning, it pays for itself down the road. Get about 20 strong backlinks per month, and you will hopefully start to see your page rank evolve within 3 months. At the 6 month mark, your page rank will have increased significantly if you continue your efforts. We've seen clients go from a page rank of 0 to 4 in less than 6 months from link building campaigns.
    Offsite optimization/Strategic Linkbuilding is hard to explain, but hope this helped a bit. SEOmoz is a great source to learn more about link building if you want to really get into it.

Lightbulb
    Quote Originally Posted by webdesire1
    Anyone help me to increase my Page rank in google?
    make your site more useful = a good visitor experience

http and a telephoto
    Link building is expensive? That's an interesting statement.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

CPA Network Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    Link building is expensive? That's an interesting statement.
    Expensive was poor word choice, I apologize. "Costly" would have been more appropriate.

Building permanent, one-way links that point to your website can be costly if you're trying to negotiate links with authoratative websites- meaning websites that already have a page rank of 2 or higher.

Just trying to help.

http and a telephoto
    I see link building as more work and not actually costing money. I guess there is a fine line differentiating between purchasing advertising and buying links, but Google doesn't like paid links.

Google has also said that PR is going away this year, so purchasing links to increase PR isn't going to necessarily be an issue much longer. Advertising and placing links on sites that will actually increase your traffic will be of much more benefit than purchasing links to improve your PR.

I guess I get lost in the people that are only looking for links to benefit their PR. As a website owner you want to increase your traffic, and there are better ways to spend your advertising dollars. Which is how purchasing links should be viewed as. IMO.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread