Any recommendations for ppc search engine listings? Other than adwords, overture and kanoodle.. who else is worth trying?

Overture has proven itself to be the best quality traffic for me... as in, a click from there is worth more than a click from the other sources. Google is 2nd, worth mabe 85% as much to me.

Findwhat is a very distant 3rd. As low as 20-30% of the value of the Overture click.

Lots of low quality clicks coming from these places.

Beyond that, the clicks might be ok, but the volumes are so low.

I get better results from looking for lower-volume keywords, rather than the other engines.

ABW Ambassador
    Take this post out of Overstock...has no relationship. Should be in "Midnight Cafe"

"A forum for the present and future affiliate partners of Overstock.com."

Which I am.

Doesn't say "but not for talking about anything that doesn't include the word 'overstock'"

Obviously there are people here that do buy traffic to promote overstock so it is as relevant here as in any of the other 100 abestweb forums..

Thanks for your reply Mike, I actually haven't used overture since they changed name from goto and upped the price to 10cents/click.. wasn't sure it was worth the extra cost.. still got a few of those old 5cents/click bids running though!

Oh nice.. the forum police have shifted my post..

Suppose I should be equally petty and make sure not to use any knowledge gained from asking this question to promote overstock.. after all, advertising and promotion is nothing to do with their affiliate program apparently.. perhaps I am expected to pull traffic from my a**

Not impressed.

Oh for goodness sake grow up.

The "forum police" not only own this forum but try and keep it in a logical readable order for all. It's common sense that you had it in the wrong place, deal with it. I love it when new posters start off screaming like this over useless crud.

One would think there would be better things to fight and moan about

ABW Ambassador
    "Any recommendations for ppc search engine listings?"

What's this doing in the Midnight Forum? Somebody move this to Search Engine Insight

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by parentsworld:
    Oh for goodness sake grow up.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Oh boohoo

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>The "forum police" not only own this forum but try and keep it in a logical readable order for all. It's common sense that you had it in the wrong place, deal with it.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No it is not. I have bookmarked the overstock forum as I am an overstock affiliate. I do not have time or the inclination to trawl through countless other forums here looking for one that may or may not be a better fit for my post when it is equally relevant in the one I posted it in! If you are an amazon affiliate do you not post biz related questions in their forums or do you scour the net for some other forums specifically for that aspect of the business?

The answer is simple - you post the question in the forums for the affiliate program you are promoting or planning to promote, that is what they are there for. Strangely enough, not everyone knows about every other forum here or elsewhere on the net and not everyone ever posts anywhere but on the forum of the affiliate program they work with.

The first reply to my post was a good one, it had information that could have been valuable to other overstock affiliates but they most likely will not even see it now which is overstocks loss.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
    I love it when new posters start off screaming like this over useless crud.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I love it when people think having higher post counts under their name on a forum some how means they know better.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>What's this doing in the Midnight Forum? Somebody move this to Search Engine Insight <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ahh what the hell, move it around to every forum here - at least I get some extra exposure for my sig!

ABW Ambassador
    Relax, count to 10 or Click This and help me with my eVitamins sales. Not a big deal, you asked about recommendations for PPC search engines, check out the Search Engine Insight forum down below, there are some recent threads about this, one started by me asking the same question. Good stuff down there.

ABW Ambassador

Yeah, seriously, relax.

An organized board is better for all of us, so don't pretend the sky is falling when someon e actually works to keep the board straight.

Obviously you ignored the advice to grow up - your choice.

So you're saying that since you're an Overstock Affiliate the advice you're begging for is ONLY for Overstock Affiliates? Give me a break. It's general info for ANY affiliate.
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> love it when people think having higher post counts under their name on a forum some how means they know better. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I beg to differ. Been here since the board started and this is the first time I've had to make that comment. You on the other hand, started *****ing about "how it should be run" from the get go.

So, keep whining like a little boy just to post your oh so great URL all over the place LOL it's making you look really good. Makes ME want to take part in whatever crud you're selling. Uh-huh.

If you ask me, some of the replying to the "new" poster is just as bad if not worse.

The way I see it anyway.

This stuff is pretty petty.... have a few drinks on me.

I do get a kick out it though.Beats the news.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by parentsworld:
    Obviously you ignored the advice to grow up <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I disagree with you therefore I need to grow up?

You simply can't see the logic in my argument that my post was as relevant in overstock as elsewhere and therefore did not need to be moved? That I posted there specifically due to me being an overstock affiliate rather than an abestweb veteran that knows the existance and precise purpose of every single forum here?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>So you're saying that since you're an Overstock Affiliate the advice you're begging for is ONLY for Overstock Affiliates? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, I am saying *again* that it could have been left where I posted it. I could equally have posted it on some other much larger, much more general forum somewhere else on the net but I did not choose to do that.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>So, keep whining like a little boy.. Makes ME want to take part in whatever crud you're selling. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, resorting to personal insults makes you look very big.

Please don't take such a huge risk and see if the 'crud' I sell would be of any use to you.. that would just be terrible for you wouldn't it?

Anyway, I agree.. its not a big deal.. I am simply pointing out that I disagree with my post being moved. Feel free to reply with more 'little boy' insults.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TrustNo1®:
    Here ya go:

http://abw.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x?a=tp...89&m=265101592 <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks, hadn't seen that forum before either.. useful thread there.. so some good came of this afer all..

Man, shut up already.

Enough, really.

Are you wondering what works best for overstock? I think overstock works best with the big ones you mentioned. I seriously don't believe many if any at all of the other ppc's are on the up and up. If they are they don't tend to have enough traffic to make it worth your time and money either.

Regarding the big arguement going on I recommend that if you wanted this to stay in overstock you should have made it more overstock centric. I think your point is valid but not practical for everyone else. We like to share information, it's not good for non-overstock subscribers to have information in that forum when they wouldn't bother looking there for it. Trust was right this should have gone in search engine insight. I personally think there should be a forum just for advertising. Maybe there is, this place is getting big.

Ok, now, Y'ALL grow up! I was the 39th person to join this board so unless you were before me I know what is best!! And, don't you forget it either.

And, I say do as I say and stop your whining before I wax Roth! (And, you know how Roth hates to be waxed.)

And, I think that should especially apply to ALL Overstock affiliates which I am throwing in as hindsight just to keep this post relevant to this forum where ever it happens to be at the time you read it.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mikeyjake:
    Overture has proven itself to be the best quality traffic for me... as in, a click from there is worth more than a click from the other sources. Google is 2nd, worth mabe 85% as much to me.

Findwhat is a very distant 3rd. As low as 20-30% of the value of the Overture click.

Lots of low quality clicks coming from these places. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>That's pretty close to my experience, too.

For me, Google AdWords produces the best results. Overture produces results that are almost as good. Everything else I've tried so far is SUBSTANTIALLY lower quality--often only 10-20% as effective.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

MEGA,

I moved it ... your post is relevant to many programs --- not just OS and for "more answers" I moved it to the café and would have moved it again, but ... your attitude killed it though
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SSanf:
    And, I say do as I say and stop your whining before I wax Roth! (And, you know how Roth hates to be waxed.)
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I tried to look this up but got no clear answer on what it was. BUT - "knowing you" as I do, I think I'll just do as you say and count my blessings I was warned first

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Haiko:
    MEGA,

I moved it ... your post is relevant to many programs --- not just OS and for "more answers" I moved it to the café and would have moved it again, but ... your attitude killed it though <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not much more I can say but agree with this statement...but we saw that one coming, right?

Andy

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TrustNo1®:
    "Any recommendations for ppc search engine listings?"

What's this doing in the Midnight Forum? Somebody move this to Search Engine Insight <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL

24. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread