Results 1 to 22 of 22
February 16th, 2010, 05:19 PM #1
How to drive traffic (quickly)
- Join Date
- February 14th, 2010
Please help a newbie to affiliate marketing...
I have been online for a few months. I have just set up my own website where I try to sell one product from Clickbank. I have not used SEO for my website.
I have been trying to promote my website with article marketing (SEO), bookmarking, and by posting on forums, and I have also tried several other methods.
However, none of the methods I have tried has really worked out as well as I thought they would.
So, please. If everyone who reads this post can suggest one extremely effective method (free, or very inexpensive) to drive traffic. Something that you have used, and thay truly works. Something you swear by 100%...
Thank you so much! =)
February 16th, 2010, 05:33 PM #2
I would probably suggest finding another product to promote.
A lot (not all) of the Clickbank products out there are pretty weak and come with a lot of people trying to 'get rich' by promoting an overpriced eBook on some subject.
So, first thing is to be 100% sure that this product is a quality product. Then you want to diversify -- try a lot of things, but focus more on specialty/niche products as there is typically too much competition and cost for more generic products. By way of a couple off-the-top-of-my-head examples: (1) large plastic weather-proof storage sheds; (2) roof bins for Honda Elements
As for promotion, there are so many ways. Best approach IMHO is to have a website that has quality information about a subject that relates to the product you hope to sell. Pay attention to the (key) words used in the site, structure of the site ("silo"), have key info like about us, contact info, TOS, etc.
Article promotion can be good -- but like so many other things in this industry it has become pretty spammy so it can be hard. This said, articles from Ezine, Yahoo answers, etc. can have quite good search results. Directory submissions over the course of time can have a small (but cumulative) effect on the rankings of your site. Updating content tells the search engines that the site receives regular 'TLC' which is good too. There are a bazillion things that relate to SEO that might be helpful and relevant but much of this can be boiled down to quality (updated) content and quality website structure.
February 16th, 2010, 05:40 PM #3
- Join Date
- January 31st, 2010
If you could change your product for free that will be the best thing that you need to do but if not and you need to pay the fee in changing, I would suggest that you need to check the the keyword if it is relatedto your niche or you can use google adwords to look for a more competitive keywords. Your articles should be unique as well and the article that you have should be very attractive to reader because people will tend to click on your keyword if they think your article is really very helpful, informative kind of article.
February 16th, 2010, 06:12 PM #4
- Join Date
- February 14th, 2010
Thank you for your advices OTProf and gillian2009. It has given me a better insight in article marketing, and SEO etc.
However, if you forget about article marketing, SEO and such, do you know any other methods that can drive traffic to my site?
That are not too complicated (this is a little confusing for a newbie) and that are fairly cheep and something you have tried yourself and know works, that I can use to increase my traffic?
February 16th, 2010, 06:55 PM #5
Originally Posted by kexxiDeborah Carney
- Join Date
- January 18th, 2005
TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com
February 16th, 2010, 07:02 PM #6
- Join Date
- January 18th, 2005
- jacked by sylon www.sylonddos.weebly.com
You started three different threads with the same post and question as this one.
I removed the other two threads. Just use this one for your question instead of starting more threads with this same question.
Your problem is that you are selling a ClickBank product. Get rid of it and sell real products and you'll find out you'll start getting some sales.
CB products are nothing but a con to try to take money from new people that don't know any better.
If you have a one page landing page for a website you will probably never get any traffic or sales. On a search on SEs you only have one chance of your site being in the search results.
If you'll build a website with real products and 2 or 3 hundred pages on your website you'll have 2 or 3 hundred chances for your site being found for each search performed on a SE.
February 16th, 2010, 07:44 PM #7
February 16th, 2010, 08:55 PM #8
originally posted by loxly
- Join Date
- January 31st, 2010
If you find a free easy way to drive traffic that doesn't involve work, let everyone else know! Because it doesn't exist.
February 16th, 2010, 09:17 PM #9
OR you could make your site the best one out there for the topic. After all, driving traffic to a site they can't wait to leave doesn't help you sell anything, and doesn't make them want to come back.
February 16th, 2010, 11:49 PM #10Originally Posted by BurgerBoy
You should be more responsible with your statements, especially since you are an ABW moderator.
February 17th, 2010, 01:21 AM #11
I CAN HELP! Go here: www-dot-google-dot-com/sktool/#keywords and type 3 key phrases (one at a time of course): Online Business, Internet Marketing and Affiliate Marketing [footnote, think of the judgments that are often associated with these 3 different terms] it will be important to your key phrase search. We are going to take keyword rich based 'key phrases' and form 'key phrase questions' to enter into Google Alerts and find (on auto pilot) the people online who are raising those keyword rich questions. [then just go there and comment on those posts, leaving your name, email and web address] This will entice people who are 'searching out your niche' to come to your site. By the way this IS online business and it's the only way to build a list. If you do these things everyday YOU WILL BUILD YOUR LIST and even make money from it. I know how challenging this can be, but I'll help ya!!!
You will enter the first key phrase "Online Business" into "SEARCH BASED KEYWORD TOOL bar" and select "Find Keywords" This will show a very steady range of consistent numbers, as well as bids on those words. [Don't worry about Adwords Yet ...not time for that] The consistency is because "Online Business" commands respect and reverence. People do not generally associate it in their minds when they think of spammers and internet scams. You will notice the results list and how the top key phrases show the most search results. You want to click the magnifying glass next to those results that are most similar to your niche analysis. You'll now be at Google Insights, in a new window (keep both windows open) scroll down to the bottom of the page. You'll see two lists, Top Searches and Rising Searches [after you get good at being able to tell which "Rising Searches" will become the next "TOP SEARCHES", then you'll be ready for Adwords (deciding how much you want to pay when someone clicks on a keyword or phrase) but don't worry you can make money long before that. Hundreds of thousands of people already do.
Most people just need a good understanding of what's coming down the wire, so they can bring a flood of people their site. [like you'll be doing] ...and they never move on to adwords. But with a good grasp on keyphrases anyone can play the bidding game and make a fortune with Google (...and no I'm not rich...YET) but I KNOW this stuff. You're going to find that the people who are looking to get involved, have fun and make money are not really searching "online business" very much. This is a foundational keyword [VERY IMPORTANT] because when you begin to comment on posts, you want to build a strong comment that causes people to sit up and pay attention. You might say something like:
"Online marketers should keep a clear focus,
so as not to be distracted by affiliate products
that won't sell. The Rising Search results for
Twitter Affiliate Marketing" are now at 450%
So keep lots of Twitter Tools at your site."
Glory, do you see how simple that was? I didn't write an article or a 3 page email, I just posted a comment. But it is important to use keyword rich phrases to form key questions to enter into Google Alerts. I know, I know; what are we talking about here? Just enter Google Alerts into the Google Search Bar and you'll be directed to a link leading straight there. Don't get confused by my hopping around. You'll be doing a lot of hopping and trust me, IT'S ADDICTIVE!!! When you get to Google Alerts You'll see the welcome sign on the left and a CREATE box to the right. You should now have KEYWORD TOOL, GOOGLE INSIGHTS, AND GOOGLE ALERTS (open in 3 separate tabs) "hop" over to keyword tool and enter in "affiliate marketing", [this is the "niche" keyword based phrase] where as internet marketing is a ["good" keyword based phrase] and online business is [a "foundational" keyword based phrase]. For a deeper understanding about the three kinds of keywords go to this article: profittrekdotcom/page/7/ It explains it more thoroughly and I don't know how many more characters I have left here.
Entering "affiliate marketing" should have shown an explosion at the top of the list, with a relatively quick decline in searches and bids centering around the idea of AFFILIATE INTERNET MARKETING. The value of AFFILIATE is very fresh, because it's a new and still rising concept, [even in the public arena] like at a meeting in a hotel or on a menu in a restaurant [seriously] So because it is so fresh and new, it really hasn't developed a good (or bad) name. Therefore it can be manipulated, which is what makes the niche so great. Of course people will wear it out, give it a bad name and it'll have a worse reputation than "internet marketing", which still has that old "underdog" value. So, properly used, all words are valuable. VERY VALUABLE!!! We want to click on the magnifying glass next to the keyword phrases, which show the most results and are still about affiliate internet marketing. We will find ourselves again in yet another tabbed Google Insights page. We scroll to the bottom and check out the Top Searches. The ones that are on top are the phrases that are being searched the most. Use these phrases to create your key questions! [footnote if you notice over in the RISING SEARCH a phrase with upwards of 500% and it's about Twitter, Facebook or People String or 'whatever', you really wanna go to Clickbank and find a NICE product that's free to promote, get your affiliate link, with banners and promote that product on your blog or website] this is because, its a totally safe bet that it will continue to increase and more people will search that key-phrase. I'm telling you Glory, this is how the gurus do it, ok? Don't spend anymore money, I already spent it all learning the very things I'm telling you now.
Remember to keep the concepts of Foundational Key Phrases, Good Key Phrases and Niche Key Phrases in the forefront of your mind. Use Online Business, Internet Marketing & Affiliate Marketing in your search. After you find some good key phrases, go back to the tab called GOOGLE ALERTS and form KEY QUESTIONS to be entered into your alert search engine. (that's what I like to call it) Form some good questions, keeping the key phrases in proper order. Then put those questions (including the question mark) in parentheses. Otherwise Google will send back results for each word individually. [which sucks] ...so don't forget that. Your key questions will look something like this: "how do I start an online business?" or "what is internet marketing?" and "what is affiliate marketing" ....here are also a couple bonus ones for you. "what are the best affiliate marketing programs?" and "how do I do affiliate twitter marketing" [feel free to use all of these and get some CRAZY results back]...but learn this stuff!!! I can't stress how important it is.
Enter the 1st "QUESTION" into Google Alerts and select "feed" where it shows your email ok? That's the only setting you need concern yourself with. Click CREATE. You will then see the alert on a new page with the popular "feed" logo. Select "View in Google Reader". Then just wait for about 15 or 20 minutes, (maybe a half hour) Then come back to Google Reader which will have opened in a new window. You can then close all the other windows and just use Google Reader as your new home base. Select one of the articles, which is "based on your keyword research" and begin posting in blogs and forums LIKE THIS ONE When you post, be sure to leave your name, email and web address or affiliate link. Keep The 3 Phrase Types in mind as you post comments. You want to think of the power of those keywords and the variable effects of interchanging them together. Remember, keyword integration doesn't stop after creating 'questions' it should be just beginning. send me any questions you may have, I'll be around ...paul
February 17th, 2010, 01:34 AM #12
If you have a good site with quality content and a good product to sell, then consider promoting it offline, often you can get cheap ad/classified space in local newspapers and magazines. Consider before you do that though, wether your site is worth someone visiting, does it offer anything a person wants, is it going to convert visitors into sales, else you'll be wasting money.
February 17th, 2010, 04:01 AM #13
- Join Date
- February 14th, 2010
Okay I will...
But is there an inexpensive way, that does not invovle too much work that anyone can suggest? And when I say not too much work I mean something you can start using in a few days, not something that takes weeks to set up.
February 17th, 2010, 07:44 AM #14But is there an inexpensive way, that does not invovle too much work that anyone can suggest? And when I say not too much work I mean something you can start using in a few days, not something that takes weeks to set up.
February 17th, 2010, 08:17 AM #15
February 17th, 2010, 11:41 AM #16
Originally Posted by kexxi
- Join Date
- January 18th, 2005
The answer is no. 2Busy said it, I've said it, all the posters have told you what to do and how.
If you are looking for the magic bullet read this:
If you want "free" you have to do the work yourself. If you want "easy" you have to pay someone else.
Traffic is what every webmaster in the universe is looking for, if you find free and easy, please do share. Plus what works to get me traffic probably won't work for you.
Build a site worth visiting and people will send others to you via word of mouth. Advertising offline is a great idea Chris, I need to do more of that actually.Deborah Carney
TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com
February 17th, 2010, 11:52 AM #17
There's an old adage:
Fast, Cheap or Good - Pick Two
You can't get all three. You can pick two, but it'll cost you in the third area.
If you want something fast and cheap, you'll get poor quality.
If you want something fast and good, it'll cost you a lot more.
If you want something cheap and good, it'll take a lot more time.
February 22nd, 2010, 04:45 PM #18
There is no free and quick - it sounds like you need a plan. Then you need to be prepared to put in the effort and time needed to grow your affiliate revenue.
Here's a great video (not sure if i can post a link or not)
February 22nd, 2010, 08:15 PM #19
Kexxi, along with all of the good advice you've gotten here, I didn't see where you said exactly where in the process it's "not working".
With the efforts you are making, are you seeing traffic actually coming TO your site? Are they then staying on your site and interacting (not bouncing), and then are they clicking THRU to the clickbank site? Then, how many of those clicking thru are actually making a purchase?
You could have a million different issues going on and each one has their own set of challenges. You need to look at your analytics and see where some of the issues are, or maybe all of the areas need to be addressed as well as picking new/different products to promote.
If it's your site that seems to be an issue there is a forum here where you can post your site and get some feedback, but as others have pointed out -- there is no cheap, easy simple way to make money or we'd all be doing it .
March 16th, 2010, 02:21 AM #20
- Join Date
- March 14th, 2010
- STL, Mo, USA
I think you need to read a little more and learn what exactly affiliate marketing is and how its done. Like others have said, there are no easy or free ways, unless you think your time(to say the least) is not worth anything. Yes there may be a few "free"(free by most people's standard, meaning no cash involved) ways to drive traffic, but you still have to work hard and put some time and effort into it. I am not trying to be harsh, but if you want to succeed, you have to get rid of this mentality that unfortunately many people have, that making money online is easy. Its not! It takes even more hard work and effort to make money online than it would in our everyday life. This forum has some very helpful people, take advantage of their free knowledge and learn.
Any way I wish you the best of luck, If you need some ideas for traffic generation, here are a few ways you can work on it:
Submit your site wherever you can!
1. submit your blog to directories in your niche.
2. submit your blog to all the free directory and search engines.
3. submit your site to free website review sites like coolsiteoftheday.
4. submit each and every post to social bookmarking sites using onlywire.
5. submit your articles to article directories like Ezine, article base and associated content (change the article 20% to 30%, so it wont be picked up by SEs as a duplicate content).
Use web 2.0 and other resources to promote your site.
6. write related articles on WikiPedia with your blog url in it.
7. make a hubpage for your blog, with a little bit information about your blog.
8. make a wiki page for your blog.
9. make a squidoo lens or more with a link to your site.
10. sign up at 43things.com and write things related to your blog and what you want to accomplish.(you’d be surprise by the number of people, just reading other peoples list)
11. create a myspace page for your blog.
12. create a facebook page for your blog.
13. create a hi5 page for your blog.
14. join blogcatalog and do the same as with mybloglog.
15. use MyBlogLog to create a community around your blog. join other peoples community, so they do the same for you.
16. create an account with Technorati and with every new post, ping it.
17. post related how-to videos on you tube with your blog address on the bottom of the screen or at the end or beginning of the video.
18. use yahoo answers to answer questions related to your niche, leaving your link in the resource box. (believe it or not, 10% of my traffic comes from 20 minutes a week answering questions on yahoo answers)
19. create an account on stumbleupon, and stumble each and every article you write. (one of the best ways to drive traffic to your site for free)
20. join as many forums as possible, especially forums related to your niche
Take advantage of free tools and Plug-ins.
21. place a “digg it” button right after your post, to make it easy for your readers to digg your post.
22. use a comment notifying plug-in to let your readers know about new comments. believe it or not, most people read more of other peoples comment on your post, than your post itself.
23. use social bookmarking plug-ins to make it easy for your readers to submit your post to social bookmarking site
24. install “tell-a-friend” plug-in to make it easy for your readers to let others know about your post.
25. make use of “all in one SEO” plug-in to make your blog search engine friendly.
26. use a forum plug-in to create a forum for your blogs readers to talk and discuss related issues.
27. use a free keyword tool to find and use good ranking keywords in your niche.
28. use sites like vista print to make free business cards ($5 shipping for 250 free BC which is worth it) with your site url on it and pass it around.
29. make a free favicon to be easily found in your readers favorites file. (people like to find what they want fast. I myself sometimes give up finding a particular article or site in my huge favorite file, simply because i don’t want to spend 5 minuets to go through the whole list. A favicon is like big spot light focused on you between hundreds of other people!
30. use free press release services to gain visibility.
31. Use pingomatic to ping RSS aggregators.
32. use free advertising sources like craigslist and backpage to post ads about your articles or blog in related categories.
Other Bloggers Can Help Too!
33. talk about or if you can interview a trusted person in your niche
34. Leave comments on blogs in related niches or any niche for that matter.(don’t spam, leave genuine comment, as you would like others to do so for you)
35. make a banner ad for your blog and exchange with other interested bloggers.
36. use blogroll to link to other bloggers in your niche in exchange for a link to your blog on their blog roll.
37. ask other bloggers to write a review of your blog in exchange for a link to their site from your site.
38. dedicate a post about a top bloggers in your niche. it will catch their attention and they may link to you
39. whenever appropriate, link to other bloggers articles in your post. they will return the favor.
40. use your best articles to post on other peoples blog as a guest writer (it’ll gain you visibility and new audience)
41. another blogger to post on your blog as guest (while he enjoys some new readers, it will brings his readers to your site as well)
Use your site as a tool to attract and keep visitors.
42. provide freebies, like free ebooks, free downloads and etc, to your readers.
43. once in a while run a contest related to your niche and encourage visitors to participate for a prize, and do give a prize to the winner, no matter how small. it will help to establish your persona as a trusted blogger, and once people see you as a trustworthy person, not only they will keep coming back to you, but they will bring other visitors as well.
44. use common questions related to your niche for the title of your article.
45. use keywords in the title of your post. keywords in title is one of the easiest and most important techniques of search engine optimization.
46. use a small place on your blog to have your blogs complete url ready for those who wish to link to your blog.
47. keep your blog clean and easily navigable.(how many times you have left a site, because you weren’t able to find what you came for?)
48. use numbered list for your informative posts, like “5 ways to…”. people tend to like these kinds of post.
49. shocking and surprising articles will draw people to your site.
50. be on the look out for new developments and news related to your niche, the first person breaking a new story, gets the most traffic.
51. videos are increasingly becoming popular, use them on your blog to your advantage.
52. use tags for your post, as its becoming a very popular way of finding related content.
53. Post frequently. search engines and readers like fresh content.
54. if you have any other blog or site, place a link to your site. (you can even create a blog to talk about your journey with your blog/site).
55. read and respond to your readers comment.(if i feel that what i say is important to the writer, i am more likely to came back for more and encourage others to do the same)
56. Put your blog URL in your forum signatures.
57. use your blog name for your user name in forums and when leaving comment on other blogs.
58. ask your friends and family to Digg and stumble your posts. a post with more diggs or stumble, means more visibility.
59. put your blogs name and url on a bumper sticker or something like that, and attach it to your car. big corporations pay people to place their ads on their car, you don’t have to pay anyone, use your own car and also give some stickers to your friends and family and ask them to stick it on back bumper.
60. make flyers with your blogs name and a short captivating headline style description and pass it in the mall or parking lots. if you use a good headline, at least 60-70% of the people will visit your blog out of curiosity, and who knows how many will become your die-hard fans!(readers).
61. and last but not least, be patient and give it some time. no one goes from 20/30 visitors a day to hundreds and thousands of visitors, over night.
p.s. Sorry, I know its a bit long. Its a list from my blog, I was gonna provide a link, but I didn't want to come across as self promoting since its my first post on this great forum, so I posted the whole thing here.
March 16th, 2010, 03:49 AM #21
A couple of quick and easy ones, though don't expect them to generate you thousands of visits a day, though can be good for a couple of hundred a day if you work them right:
(Oh, and they all have free options!)
1. OnlyWire. Use it to bookmark all of your content. Has a free and paid option, though to get it for free you only need to place a link to them on one of your own sites.
2. Tube Mogul. Create loads of relevant videos and have it submit them to around 20-30 video sites. Again free and is relatively easy to use.
Hope this helps![B][COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=3]50% Recurring Commission on SAS! -- Up To $98.50 Per Sale, Per Month![/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
[B]ALL-NEW[/B] SAS Social Media Marketing Program: [URL=http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=26086]Join AlphaHype.net NOW![/URL]
[URL=http://alphahype.net/]AlphaHype website[/URL]. [URL=http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=603]ABW dedicated affiliate forum[/URL].
[B]Dani Evans[/B] -- AlphaHype.net Affiliate Program Manager. [B]email:[/B] dani (at) alphahype.net
March 17th, 2010, 06:37 PM #22
- Join Date
- March 17th, 2010
- St Louis
What I do is create a quick video, a content video then send it out to different facebook groups. I make sure to speak up the mods in a great light to make sure they send it out to the members.
Obviously the opt in page is killer in this model.
This takes more time than other models and if you do not have thte proper equipment obviously not a great idea but it works for me.
By juji01 in forum Building Traffic, Newsletters & AdvertisingReplies: 10Last Post: November 7th, 2011, 06:24 PM
By Tami in forum Rakuten LinkShare - LSReplies: 10Last Post: February 26th, 2009, 07:48 PM
By cecil1123 in forum Midnight Cafe'Replies: 9Last Post: November 5th, 2007, 03:51 PM
By Allen Nance in forum Suspicious Activity!Replies: 1Last Post: August 5th, 2006, 02:08 PM