Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I really like this 2 email I got today at Cj.....

1 - From: Hobbytron.com
    Subject: Affiliation Terminated
    Date: 7-Nov-2003, 15:16 PST

We regret to inform you that the Commission Junction advertiser Hobbytron.com has chosen to expire its affiliation with you effective 14-Nov-2003.

"Program Term: HobbyTron.com - Start Date: 12-Jul-2003 - (Ends on 14-Nov-2003)"
    2 - From: Reversion Acne Control
    Subject: Affiliation Terminated
    Date: 7-Nov-2003, 13:12 PST

We regret to inform you that the Commission Junction advertiser Reversion Acne Control has chosen to expire its affiliation with you effective 14-Nov-2003.

"Program Term: Reversion Acne Control - Start Date: 12-Jul-2003 (Ends on 14-Nov-2003)"

I still have Cj merchant's on my site since Jan-2001 that have never made me any money, maybe because not to many of my visitors click on their links, but even the few clicks I send them are targeted and they have never complain to me about nothing.

What get me really (put your own words here) is the fact that you get a email notice like this... We regret to inform you that the Commission Junction advertiser (ANY MERCHANT.xxx) has chosen to expire its affiliation with you effective (The day they say).

With out any explanation, warning or excuse, and I know that the only possible motive is (since they no give me any) that the few people I send to their site don't buy or maybe they do buy, but with all the stuff going on lately, maybe somebody other than my site get's the commission.

Thanks hobbytron for that email, after I just finished 7 full pages on a new directory I had made just for you last week, but don't you worried either, I just deteted all references to your site before I came here to post this, and by the way, ( It was 4 month's lost for you and me). Happy New 2004.
    ------------------------------

Sorry but, no pimple cure or RC toys available on my site today, I need the space to sell more experience to my self.
    Specially on a full Moon Friday and a few...

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    I just got that notice as well. Maybe they are changing terms, and I just dont see it quickly enough? I sent an email to them asking them for more info as to why. I'll wait a day, then pull their links.

- - - - - - - - -
    A page a day keeps the creditor away!

ABW Ambassador
    Odd because I think the hobbytron AM is doing a great job and one of only a few programs that I really like on CJ.

They had no knowledge of your work, they can't read minds, so instead of just going off and venting and expending energy (which trust me, I know this feels good). Mail the AM and tell him what you did and to reinstate you.

Either your work is worth the time of an email, or you didn't really do any work. Email and and a dialog between the two involved parties is still the first choice to handle a conflict, coming to a forum and venting, again while out of anyone - I understand, should only be considered after you have actually tried to resolve the issue.

Chet

I got this notice from hobbytron as well, and I signed up just last week on the 28th :P

I wonder if it's just a glitch, I mean 1 week really isn't enough to determine performance of a publisher. Even then a reason would have been nice.

Millionaire on training wheels Justdoit's Avatar
    Didn't get the notice yet, but my view is "next"... So many independent merchants so little time..

It is never too late to be what you might have been.

I'm starting to wonder about the CJ termination process. This week I got an Advertiser expired notice and checked. It said that iRock was expired. A little while later when I was getting ready to pull their links I checked and they where not in the expired report anymore. It's not the first time this has happened. I wonder what's really going on.

Ron

"Advertising is the most fun you can have with your clothes on."
    Jerry Della Femina

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    Well,

I signed up with them a few weeks ago and just recently added a nice half a page with logos and links. They have not dropped me yet but if they do must be a glitch since they can't actually determine my performance based on just a few weeks.

Chet
    -------
    This is not venting this is a place to notify of what's going on. If you like them and have made money for them and they for you then great, but realistically, it's not that they "have no knowledge of our work" or "read minds", but a simple email to the affiliate from any merchant, etc would be more proffessional way of doing business than just saying, sorry we no longer need you.

"tried to resolve the issue"

Shouldn't a merchant, etc try to resolve the issue first with the affiliate, and try to find out why we are not selling enough, etc. We are supposed to be partners. If a merchant or even cj just wants to drop anyone without atleast a prior notice to me sounds like poor professionalism or communication.

Jorge

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by elbowcreek:
    I just got that notice as well. Maybe they are changing terms, and I just dont see it quickly enough? I sent an email to them asking them for more info as to why. I'll wait a day, then pull their links.

- - - - - - - - -
    A page a day keeps the creditor away!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

elbowcreek,

I no longer ask why, if they drop me just like that, then I just delete that merchant the same way, yes I to some time I wait 2 or 3 days, because sometimes I have recive similar notices from other merchant's and the next day they email back saying that it was a glitch somewhere, but today Hobb.... get me on the wrong side and I just deleted all the pages in a blind rage, since I spend a long time on 7 full pages just for promoting their site.

This is the way I look at it now; (example)

1- If you sell gold, and I send 1 or 1000 of my visitor to buy your gold, is not my fault if you don't convert that link.

2 - Just think, if I you sell gold and I put your link on my site for free, for people that like gold I have a link to your site, and people interested in gold click on your link, I think my job is done, if they buy your gold you make money and I make the commission, if they don't buy, I dont get nothing but you get at least a new visitor interested in gold that maybe since now they know your site, will come back to your site in the future and buy, you lost nothing and keep all the profit since you dont pay me to have your link on my site.

3 - Now, if you want to make money on every new click I send you and you are not able sell, and for that reason you drop my affiliation with your site, well....

We the affiliates have enough to worried about the ad blocking, parasites, hacker's, cookies, merging, etc,etc...to worrier about one merchant, specially with so many merchant competition out there.

I got the Hobbytron email as well - and apparently they REALLY don't like me, because I had two identical emails from them.

--- Bobbi

Hey everyone,

Do not delete your merchants to fast, CJ is known for its glitches. Sometimes its not CJ at all and the merchant did not send payment on time. CJ will send them out to dry if they do not pay in time (protects us).

This stuff has been going on for some time, no need to worry. When I get a letter or a notice of merchant leaving I wait 2 days. If they are still there in 2 days I get rid of them.

Just my personal experience with the deactivations. One time a merchants had no idea they were gone I called them and asked why they were leavibng, they were very upset to know they were deactivated, come to find out they did not pay in time! (LIFE HAPPENS)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chez Noir:
    Odd because I think the hobbytron AM is doing a great job and one of only a few programs that I really like on CJ.

They had no knowledge of your work, they can't read minds, so instead of just going off and venting and expending energy (which trust me, I know this feels good). Mail the AM and tell him what you did and to reinstate you.

Either your work is worth the time of an email, or you didn't really do any work. Email and and a dialog between the two involved parties is still the first choice to handle a conflict, coming to a forum and venting, again while out of anyone - I understand, should only be considered after you have actually tried to resolve the issue.

Chet<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Chez Noir,

I will not email the AM what you did since I dint do nothing but join them in July and start working on a best way to promote that site, I even make a new directory just for that site and I was doing it all little by little with my own brain, no database, no mailing list, no spamming, no misleading advertising, NADA, just because I liked that site to.

But they are the one who tell me that they chosen to expire its affiliation with me effective 14-Nov, so why should I let google index those pages I made, why? no way.

(has chosen to expire its affiliation with you) just like that!!!!!!!!!, well go awayyyyyyyy.

Look at it this way,

You are working for some company and on Monday they say to you, finish the week but Friday is your last day, we don't need you next week.

Some people may finish the week but if they say that to me, I will just say back to them, Take this job and (you know the rest of the song)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Canadian eh:
    I got this notice from hobbytron as well, and I signed up just last week on the 28th :P

I wonder if it's just a glitch, I mean 1 week really isn't enough to determine performance of a publisher. Even then a reason would have been nice.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Canadian eh

It may be just a glitch, but if it was a glitch, today under a full Moon was the wrong thay for me to see that email, anyway after all the delete that make there is no way I will do any undelete.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Justdoit:
    Didn't get the notice yet, but my view is "next"... So many independent merchants so little time..

It is never too late to be what you might have been.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Justdoit

I agree 100% so many independent merchants so little time..

Ijustdiit

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ronWLS:
    I'm starting to wonder about the CJ termination process. This week I got an Advertiser expired notice and checked. It said that iRock was expired. A little while later when I was getting ready to pull their links I checked and they where not in the expired report anymore. It's not the first time this has happened. I wonder what's really going on.

Ron

"Advertising is the most fun you can have with your clothes on."
    Jerry Della Femina<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ron

I know that happen sometimes on Cj, I just get desperately today because of the time I spend building the pages to that site and when I log in Cj to get more links today and read my email there, I flip, expire and delete.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bobbi:
    I got the Hobbytron email as well - and apparently they REALLY don't like me, because I had two identical emails from them.

--- Bobbi<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Bobbi

I'm glad I only get one because if I had two identical today..........

I just don't want to think 2 now.....

ABW Ambassador
    I get more depressed by the level of affiliates entering the market everyday. Jan72, with your eloquent speech here, I am sure you had a swells site!

And if you linked to a merchant, and they didn't convert - well hell!! That is all affiliates are supposed to do - link. Nothing more!!! We serve no purpose except to provide links!!! LINK LINK LINK!!! Old school too! Wow! Damn using your brains, you had the brawn of 7 days to toil away with! And at the end, the brawn to rip it all down in a hissy fit.

Way to go. You will go far here. Here meaning the forums, not in affiliate marketing. See you in six months when you start *****ing about one of CJ's policies.

Chet

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SandraR:
    Hey everyone,

Do not delete your merchants to fast, CJ is known for its glitches. Sometimes its not CJ at all and the merchant did not send payment on time. CJ will send them out to dry if they do not pay in time (protects us).

This stuff has been going on for some time, no need to worry. When I get a letter or a notice of merchant leaving I wait 2 days. If they are still there in 2 days I get rid of them.

Just my personal experience with the deactivations. One time a merchants had no idea they were gone I called them and asked why they were leavibng, they were very upset to know they were deactivated, come to find out they did not pay in time! (LIFE HAPPENS)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sandra

You are right on target with your post here.
    I agree that (LIFE HAPPENS) and that CJ is known for its glitches but I had to express my feeling of what happen to me 3 hrs ago.

Since this is my 50 post and now I will be a member, I will just leave this subject alone and not reply about this no more.

You know, it seems I was spot on about you Chet. Your arrogance and condescending attitude has me wondering about the level of intelligence here when people like you think your experience and situation applies to all.

You amaze me with your one dimensional thinking and attitude that if its not a problem for you, it shouldn't be a problem for anyone. Others have came to your defense, but I see your colors as I see them. That is one with who can't seem to see situations other then your own and if it doesn't fit your situation or your thinking, then it can't be right. Unreal.

You assume too much my friend and are quite rude when you do. Not everyone's situation and thinking is like yours. What a good thing that is.

<font color=blue size="1">"The most successful con artist will have you believing he is the most ethical person you will ever know."</font>

I emailed and got a quick reply with my affiliation re-instated. They were weeding out accounts that are not doing anything or not producing traffic.

Perhaps someone forgot to program in the measure to ignore fairly new accounts. Like someone mentioned in another thread.. it can take months to build a site and get traffic to it. Especially when new to this affiliate thing.

"fairly new" being like 1 year

I haven't seen any other merchants like hobbytron yet that offers the range of radio control stuff they have. Sort of like looking for a good paintball merchant with an affiliate program.

Traxxas, HPI, Ofna are some nice brands for hobby RC enthusiasts.. not sure why Nikko is in there.. they're just toys like Tyco, Radio Shack etc

wish I had a digital camera, love my traxxas stampede.. wouldn't mind adding personal endorsement page for it

ABW Ambassador
    This all could have been handled with a simple email to the merchant telling them the work you did for them, "7 full pages on a new directory" and they would have emailed you back saying you're not deactivated. Holidays are here and Hobbytron converts nicely and they have a great AM who posts here occasionally. Maybe overreacted a bit.

I also got two email cancellations from them. I thought it was funny because I'd added them into a newer site that is just about to be included in Google based on when it was crawled. They just knocked themselves out of the running for my traffic. Their loss.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Well I've been fighting the Toy and hobby merchants for pss poor conversion ration for years. Walmart converts only from Nov12th to December 15th. eHobbies, just like eToys, has been operated by a stream of sleezebags since day one. KB Toys and barnes & Noble suck to big Zero in over 4 years for hobby and toy items. Overstock doesn't have more then a hand full of items in those categories. Forget forever 123toys ( 1413 clicks ZERO sales).

Hobbytron came here to post when I challenged them to run a clean honest programa and report 100% of the sales or join their cohorts in the toy crime game.

eHobbies.com commission=$39.19 7 0 1,689 89,643 0.019 $0.44 0.004 $2.47

Hobbytron.com commission=$49.74 7 0 2,491 204,094 0.013 $0.24 0.003 $2.06

Merchant Name Walmart Impressions Click-Throughs C/I(%) # of Orders # of Items # of Items Canceled O/C(%) Sales($) Commissions($)
    Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC 587,726 clicks=4,813 0.68% 5 8 0 0.14% $473.15 commission $24.30

8000+ F**ckin clicks off of high traffic toy and hobby pages with lots of pre-sell and RC product links. Another year goes by and the advertising mindset wanks running these ships had best send some christmas business or I'll yank all their links and put in Adsense advertisers on those pages and just add in content. Hobbytron best be running public test purchases immediately or ABW affiliates won't even need the cancellation notice to hit the reject button.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

[This message was edited by EcomCity.com on November 08, 2003 at 10:42 AM.]

ABW Ambassador
    I haven't gotten around to putting up links for hobbytron yet so I assume I should be getting one of those emails too. I'll just wait a few days and see. So far, the only thing I keep getting from them is for promotions.

Add me to the "waiting list".

I see they have expiration set for 14 Nov., with no new terms to accept. They've been a waste of bandwidth since I signed up in July. We shall see...

ABW Ambassador
    Converting good for me, 1 sale for every 24 clicks, they do even better around Christmas.

I work in lounge pants . Looking for a sponsor, PM with offer.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast