ABW Ambassador
    cj sales slow
    time for cj to kick their servers again

Quote Originally Posted by waytogo
    time for cj to kick their servers again
    agreed, but slower than last year at this time for me

I don't have faith that their tracking is correct.
    I have stats that tell me this...
    [URL=http://www.pexcornel.com]Pexcornel blog[/URL]

ABW Ambassador
    it appears like the clicks aren't even tracked

Lightbulb
    for many of our visitors their disposable income is at a low ebb . . . but it is income tax return season just starting in a few weeks.

I often notice a few 'flat' days between the 'cutoff' and payday. 10th - 20th. But usually a few bigger than average makeup days in there too.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by simcat
    I often notice a few 'flat' days between the 'cutoff' and payday. 10th - 20th. But usually a few bigger than average makeup days in there too.

another (and also an old) issue by the way.

feels like there's some switch somewhere that can be turned on and off.

there is no randomness in the sales. there are times when boom, everything's going right, and sales from many merchants come in flood. then, there are drought times. and these are not batched sales or leads.

cj server problem again perhaps?

or just some parasite somewhere, pausing from time to time so we won't notice them?

ABW Ambassador
    "cj server problem again perhaps?

or just some parasite somewhere, pausing from time to time so we won't notice them?"

No. If there was such a problem, there would be extremely large threads and on Twitter, blogs etc.

super slow sales for us also.

Not seeing any sales slowdown at all. Everything looks absolutely normal for my merchants for each day this past week in terms of conversion rates - Not sure what you're seeing...

ABW Ambassador
    you'll get your turn at the bad servers.

ABW Ambassador
    also, there was proof before that sales were tracked, but unfortunately went to another affiliate.

even Trust had experienced this.

were they the results of bad servers? or inept parasites? or something else?

you'll get your turn at the bad servers.
    Bad servers? I have a better knowledge of how CJ's systems work and how distributed CDN (in this case Akamai) solutions work. In the 4 years that I've been running a lot of traffic through CJ, I can think of one time when there was actually a "bad server" issue, and more of a bad domain issue.
    also, there was proof before that sales were tracked, but unfortunately went to another affiliate.

even Trust had experienced this.

were they the results of bad servers? or inept parasites? or something else?
    What's that proof?

A slowdown in your sales doesn't mean that some big bad parasite all of the sudden popped up and stole commissions for a day and then disappeared. My guess is that I have a lot more traffic going to CJ than you do, and I haven't seen "slow sales".

What's the issue - Lower clicks on your end, or a lower conversion rate across the board on the advertisers you're sending traffic to?

I track clicks on my own tracking script before sending to affiliate links, and guess what, the numbers match.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua
    What's that proof?

i will not provide details because it can be used by parasites to perfect their parasitic skills. but it was mentioned here in ABW before.

it is definite proof, with no room for doubts.
    Last edited by waytogo; February 21st, 2010 at 06:07 PM.

ABW Ambassador
    i have a great respect for CJ though for dropping employees that also dabble as affiliates.

that clearly was conflict of interest and there is a great room for abuse.

just imagine somebody having access to all those data and operations, and also act as affiliate.
    Last edited by waytogo; February 21st, 2010 at 06:13 PM.

ABW Ambassador
    the worst competitor one can have is somebody who is, or was, an insider.

because they know how to defeat the system.

ABW Ambassador
    "even Trust had experienced this."

Yes, years ago. And that was one time I could, as well as others, say there was a problem. Where you had affiliates used to getting many sales per hour and a lot of us had these 8 hour gaps of nothing. Not in reporting but in action dates and also saw sales in my account with SID's that weren't mine. It was also the only time I know CJ acknowledged it and there was some sort of make good payment.

Again, if there was a widespread network issue, forums, blogs, twitter would be lit up. There are times where there are "merchant specific" problems, where merchants might be having issues, much different from network wide.

As to the other stuff, yeah but that can happen on any network and with CJ, I remember threads where they actually fired people they caught doing that.

You can also start threads every day of the year with Network X sales good, Network X sales bad and get responses every single time because that's just the nature of the business. Somebody out there is either having a normal day, bad day, better than normal day etc, every single day.

Anybody else seeing their transactions duplicated today?

So much for the infallibilty of CJ tracking.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    "even Trust had experienced this."
    You can also start threads every day of the year with Network X sales good, Network X sales bad and get responses every single time because that's just the nature of the business. Somebody out there is either having a normal day, bad day, better than normal day etc, every single day.
    something a rogue affiliate would love us to think. this way, they wouldn't be caught.

i feel like somebody somewhere is getting fat from my tons of traffic.

something a rogue affiliate would love us to think. this way, they wouldn't be caught.

i feel like somebody somewhere is getting fat from my tons of traffic.
    Right... Because parasites have 80%+ reach in the market, can have a huge effect on affiliate commissions, and only operate once a month.

I've been on the advertiser side before at CJ and LinkShare programs - No matter what people randomly complained about here in terms of "slow" sales days, we never saw it on the advertiser end - And I mean that we also never saw parasites come and go randomly, or make up much % in terms of sales (and most programs I worked in didn't even allow parasites).

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread