what do mean by do follow blog?

Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    It's talking about whether links from a blog are followed by SE's or not followed by SE's using the rel="nofollow" attribute on the link.

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by SeymourButts
    It's talking about whether links from a blog are followed by SE's or not followed by SE's using the rel="nofollow" attribute on the link.
    dofollow is the opposite of nofollow, which most blogs default to to avoid comment spam.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Half a Bubble Off Plumb RemodelingGuy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    dofollow is the opposite of nofollow, which most blogs default to to avoid comment spam.

Never heard of a dofollow -

Is just doing nothing with that link the same as a dofollow.???

If it doesn't have a nofollow, it must be a dofollow..... Right?

Have any links to explain this?

Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )
    StartRemodeling.com .... MySprinklerGuy.com .... MyGarageGuy.com ....
    We're Bettering YOUR Life by Improving Where YOU Live It ...
    Do What You LOVE & LOVE What You Do! ....

if any blogsite have nofollow than you can not take any benefit from blog to promote any site except of traffic because Google doesn't count those links who have nofollow during calculation of PR and backlinks. Bydefault every link have dofollow means readable by any search engine.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Is there any SEO benefit of having relevant links in comments that are spidered? (as in no-follow not used) Seems to me there would be.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Affiliate Manager BlogBonnieBlog's Avatar
    cheesehead I believe there is for the site that is actually mentioned in the comment (builds the inbound links for that site) but the problem comes in keeping out the spammers who prey on sites for that reason and also making a "natural" link so that google doesn't see it as a linking game between a couple of sites swapping links back and forth to increase rankings.

Like remodeling guy, i've never heard of "dofollow", only no-follow. Anyone have enlightenment on that?

http and a telephoto
    There isn't a "dofollow" tag, only nofollow. If a blog or forum or site *isn't* using nofollow it becomes a dofollow, or allowing links to be followed, site.

There are tools you can use to search for "dofollow" sites, which just means they check to see if the nofollow tag exists.

Clear as mud? Yeah, took me a few months to figure it out too.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    I was always under the impression that if your site linked out to some quality sites closely relating to your niche, it was helpful to your ranking, to a point. And by quality I don't mean a spammer's weak site.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

http and a telephoto
    You would put those links in the blog roll or links section. The nofollow tags are generally just on comments. Places that you the webmaster link to would be links that are followed.

Cool Quality Linking?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
    I was always under the impression that if your site linked out to some quality sites closely relating to your niche, it was helpful to your ranking, to a point. And by quality I don't mean a spammer's weak site.
    Hello Cheesehead; yes that is correct but- if the site is "no follow" you are wasting your time? because you do not get a link. You are posting content on a site that does not give you a return link.

Technically speaking; there is no "do follow" script? However, the term refers to sites that do allow a link back to your site and do not have the "no follow" code installed. The trick is to find blogs and sites to link to that do not have "no follow" code installed to get powerful link juice.

keep an eye out for free software that does this. There is always someone online giving the latest version away. Google it in a search for "do follow free software" and see what you can find; there are quite a few to choose from?

Cheers Philip
    Last edited by Stratplayer1; March 25th, 2010 at 12:25 PM. Reason: editing? lol

Wink
    Quote Originally Posted by RemodelingGuy View Post
    Never heard of a dofollow -

Is just doing nothing with that link the same as a dofollow.???

If it doesn't have a nofollow, it must be a dofollow..... Right?

Have any links to explain this?
    Hello RemodelingGuy; not necessarily, it depends on the webmaster and which page or section? they want to let you link from or not? If the webmaster does not allow you to use links on their sites then you are stuffed either way. lol

cheers Philip

If you want to become a popular blog, get yourself a PR of 4 or 5 and then put DoFollow on your comments. Your Alexa ranking will drive through the roof as everyone lists you on DoFollow blog lists!

What are “Do Follow” blogs?

“Do follow” is the opposite of “No-Follow”. Wordpress blogs, by default, use the HTML nofollow attribute on links that point away from the blog. This no follow attribute comes into play with the posting of blog comments. The no-follow tag tells the search engines NOT to follow the link to any other web sites.

The logic behind using no follow is, it’s good for the blog since there will be fewer outgoing links and therefore less “link bleed”, leading to better Google page rank. Sounds good!

Using no follow also makes sense because there are blog spammers out there who will, and have, posted blog spam comments solely for the benefit of getting more incoming links to their site, which helps page rank. That makes sense!

Do Follow blogs are going against the norm and turning the No-Follow tag off, enabling do-follow of out going comment links.
    Hi! I found this about do follow blog. Actually enjoyed reading this.

still a little confused with dofollow and nofollow.
    Do I have the right to determine the links on my blog or not?

There is a firefox plugin that allows you to see all of the links on a page and determine whether they are nofollow or dofollow without actually viewing the source code. This is very helpful.

While most stuff I have read on SEO says that nofollow blogs do not contribute much to SEO I believe there still is some benefit. I spent a while leaving blog comments using my keywords as anchor text and I did rise a few spots in the Google SERPS. The other benefit from commenting on nofollow blogs is traffic. If you leave a good, helpful comment you will get some traffic from that.
    Dr. Marie runs an [URL="http://www.askavetquestion.com"]online vet advice[/URL] site which offers [COLOR=RED]25% commission[/COLOR] to all affiliates.

Quote Originally Posted by iamjerry View Post
    still a little confused with dofollow and nofollow.
    Do I have the right to determine the links on my blog or not?
    You absolutely have the option to change a link from a "no follow" to a standard "do follow" and vice versa. The only difference is a little bit of code that appears at the start of a link like so:

rel="nofollow"

If you would like it to change this simply remove that section from the code and link becomes "do follow".

Hope this helps!

-Ty

Wink Dofollow means pass linkjuice
    Quote Originally Posted by clbpo View Post
    Do follow means pass link juice of the site. Do follow blog means its provide to place our link in its comment section so when ever search engine boat comes on site its pass this blog's link juice

Wink Re: Do follow blog
    It means a blog that allows links in its comments and link juice psses through the link.

As smart as Google is... I'd be very, very surprised if they count comment links the same as links elsewhere on the page. Does anyone really think that Google considers a link dropped by an outside user to be as important as a link included by the site owner? Relevant link or not... I just think it's unlikely.

So, I don't pay any attention to dofollow vs. nofollow anymore - not in my various blogs' comments, anyway. That's just my opinion, and I could be wrong.
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

Moderator Note: This thread has been a recurring target for spammers, and the subject has been covered pretty exhaustively, so I'm going to close it now.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

23. Newsletter Signup

Closed Thread