Half a Bubble Off Plumb RemodelingGuy's Avatar
    Pissed Off at the IRS? This Austinite took it to extremes..
    Look at his blog ( manifesto ? ).....

HERE!

Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )
    StartRemodeling.com .... MySprinklerGuy.com .... MyGarageGuy.com ....
    We're Bettering YOUR Life by Improving Where YOU Live It ...
    Do What You LOVE & LOVE What You Do! ....

Seems to me he took things just a bit too seriously.

Fox News is reporting that the pilot involved in the plane crash in Austin, Texas, had deliberately targeted the IRS. “An NTSB official told Fox News that they are investigating this as an intentional act, and said it appears the pilot set his own house on fire and then got in his plane and flew it into the building,” reports Fox. The IRS has an office in the building.
    CNN reports that a federal official claims the pilot had set his house on fire beforehand, stole the plane and crashed it intentionally.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by JCSupSvc
    Seems to me he took things just a bit too seriously.
    John

What get's me, is how someone can get so caught up into something and want to kill themselves to make a point...

And burn up his house and leave his daughter homeless...

WTF?

Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by RemodelingGuy
    What get's me, is how someone can get so caught up into something and want to kill themselves to make a point...

And burn up his house and leave his daughter homeless...

WTF?
    Some people are crazy to begin with, suicidal, have some other mental issues etc. So if it wasn't this, probably something else. It's the same way I feel about those people who set themselves on fire or kill themselves to protest something. They already had some type of issue way before they got involved in any type of cause, most of them.

ABW Ambassador
    in today's economy, maybe the man is just plain down and out.
    Last edited by waytogo; February 18th, 2010 at 03:13 PM.

ABW Ambassador
    Look at his blog ( manifesto ? ).....

HERE!
    The host took the site down by request of the FBI, it now has:

This website has been taken offline due to the sensitive nature of the events that transpired in Texas this morning and in compliance with a request from the FBI.
    If you want to see the original letter, please see the archived version at thesmokinggun.com: http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive...102stack1.html

Regards,
    T35 Hosting

in today's economy, maybe the man is just plain down and out.
    well at least on the day this happened, he had a house. More than a lot of people have.

The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    It's tragic but it is not really uncommon, every once in a while you hear about the guy who goes crazy and takes a gun to an office, campus, public area and shoots everyone. This guy just did it with a plane. I don't see a reason to read this guys manifesto. Its better to pray for the victims than to read the the craziness than this guy wrote.
    Expert who says Moo

a.k.a. OJMOO

Cow Dance

Quote Originally Posted by oranges
    It's tragic but it is not really uncommon, every once in a while you hear about the guy who goes crazy and takes a gun to an office, campus, public area and shoots everyone. This guy just did it with a plane. I don't see a reason to read this guys manifesto. Its better to pray for the victims than to read the the craziness than this guy wrote.
    What's really amazing is that the body count isn't sky-rocketing....

I heard that there were 200 IRS employees in that building.... plus everyone else..

One poor sole is missing...

A small plane like his can do very little damage - they are pretty fragile (I know coz I bent one before). I have a feeling the initial damage was quite small. But it did cause a fire which grew fast, and that is what all of us saw on TV. Very possible that right after the thing hit they vacated most of the building. Kudos to fire drills.
    ---
    This response was masterly crafted via the fingers of Patrick Allmond who believe you should StopDoingNothing starting today.
    ---
    Focus Consulting is where I roll | Follow @patrickallmond on Twitter
    Search Engine Marketing | Search Engine Optimization | Social Media | Online Video

Y'all remind me NOT to piss Bill off ....

The evening news reports I heard on this added the notion that his wife and daughter were both in the house when the maniac set it on fire before making his plane ride.

Too sad. Not only did his insanity take himself and some strangers (at least one, they thing, but haven't confirmed yet) -- he seems to have made the decision to kill his wife and daughter before going on the fatal flight.
    Generate more fake news.

Quote Originally Posted by writerguy
    The evening news reports I heard on this added the notion that his wife and daughter were both in the house when the maniac set it on fire before making his plane ride.

Too sad. Not only did his insanity take himself and some strangers (at least one, they thing, but haven't confirmed yet) -- he seems to have made the decision to kill his wife and daughter before going on the fatal flight.
    Kind of takes the twisted glory away from being MAN vs IRS and turns him into one of those freaks thats kills his family and then blows his own brains out...

Sad!

Of course I have been following this most of the afternoon...
    Quote Originally Posted by BatteryFuelPatrick
    A small plane like his can do very little damage - they are pretty fragile (I know coz I bent one before). I have a feeling the initial damage was quite small. But it did cause a fire which grew fast, and that is what all of us saw on TV. Very possible that right after the thing hit they vacated most of the building. Kudos to fire drills.
    Yes, the aircraft itself weighs a good bit less that the average (very) small car. It was the fuel, however, likely just under 50 gallons of 100 Octane, being spread between those two floors (ceiling and floor) at over 100 MPH - creating an instant and devastating fire, that caused most of the damage.
    Y'all remind me NOT to piss Bill off ....
    Not to worry. I've included a photo (below) that shows two of my favorite toys. My car has about a ton (2000+ lbs) more weight than my airplane, which, at 890 pounds empty weight, is about 250 pounds lighter than the Piper Cherokee as (probably) identified in today's suicide crash. Plus my airplane only has room for two souls (as the FAA identifies occupants) and carries only 24 gallons of fuel (100 octane Low Lead gasoline), which is about half that of the Cherokee. I am quite familiar with the plane that is in focus today because, back in 1969, I soloed (flew by myself for the first time) in one just like that.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

The plot thickens - AGAIN...

My local KHOU update .....

http and a telephoto
    The news report I heard a bit ago is that the wife and daughter were fine. Unfortunately they have a mess to deal with. The anger of his actions, the guilt that they couldn't stop him.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    The news report I heard a bit ago is that the wife and daughter were fine. Unfortunately they have a mess to deal with. The anger of his actions, the guilt that they couldn't stop him.
    You and I would NEVER do that to our families ...

This is one of those " It's all about me " people that think that everyone will see it their way after the deed is done....

Shame!

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread