Cj Problem (kind of weird)
    Hey I have gotten a merchant 1000's of dollars. However, my dad was interested in buying a product I promote. I just told him to buy it though my affiliate link. He did however, he click on my adsense...lol. (and bought it)

Anyways I have asked them about it only to get a response like what do you mean? Am I overreacting but this is the only time I have EVER contacted my affiliate manager asking them to add the credit to my account. Am I asking too much or should I just let it go.

I have made them 1000's so I feel kind of neglected for them not to do anything for you. It has been 4 hours since I talked to them. Any ideas on handling the situation?
    [URL=http://www.the-best-web-hosting-service.com/]Best Web Hosting Service[/URL] [COLOR=Blue]- Quality Reviews![/COLOR]

ABW Ambassador
    ? Affiliate links are different from Adsense. Are you saying he clicked on a Merchant Name on Adsense, a merchant you were also an affiliate of?

Yeah, I know they are different.
    Well, I have some adsense on there and my affiliate link. He didn't click on the affiliate link. He clicked on my adsense. He completed the transaction but through adsense.

Yeah I am saying he clicked on the adsense of someone I am an affiliate for.
    [URL=http://www.the-best-web-hosting-service.com/]Best Web Hosting Service[/URL] [COLOR=Blue]- Quality Reviews![/COLOR]

ABW Ambassador
    "He completed the transaction but through adsense."

So you'll only get whatever Adsense is paying for the click but since he didn't click on the affiliate link, you're not going to get anything for that.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Ooops - too bad so sad. The Adsense merchant paid for that click and is entitled to the sale. Ugly truth but what it is.

I never have Adsense on my sales pages for this reason. I'd much rather have a sales commission that a few sense for the click through Adsense.

It's a good lesson and actually cost you way less to learn it now than later. :-)
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Even if I can give them reference and everything on who bought it. I don't want to make a big deal out of it but I honestly think they could add a 74 dollar credit to my account. I have made them a lot of money.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Go ahead and try - they might even give it to you.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

ABW Ambassador
    No cookie, no sale, that's the way it goes.

oh well live and learn again. Glad to see CJ is down right now on my end ;(

Guess that'll teach you to put AdSense on your sales pages! How many of your other CUSTOMERS have done the same thing? Your dad is only one.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Yeah I learned a VALUABLE lesson today. Don't put adsenes on your landing pages. I wonder how much money I have lost doing that. Mistakes only make me that much stronger though

How many of your other CUSTOMERS have done the same thing?
    And how many WINDOW SHOPPERS have done the same thing? It's always a good idea to test to see if Adsense rev compares favorably with conversions through affiliate links.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by silver93350
    Any ideas on handling the situation?
    I have a simple solution for you:
    Tell you dad to cancel his order and order again from your affiliate link. This time, make sure that he click thru the right link.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    silver93350, I would give you credit by manually adding the sale and he should too. Can your dad return for credit and repurchase through your link?

http and a telephoto
    I've always encouraged affiliates (and merchants) to have a family member "shop" at their sites while being watched. If your Dad clicked on the Adsense, other people have too. Like david said, maybe if they are not ready to buy the Adsense clicks are making you money. But if shoppers like your Dad are ready to buy and they clicked the Adsense instead of the links on your page, then you need to figure out why. Was your "call to action" button or link not placed well? Not prominent enough?

Play around with moving the Adsense and the call to action and see if sales increase and adsense drops, or if there is no change or if sales drop and adsense rises.

This is a great lesson for learning how to tweak your site to make the most revenue from the page.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread