so today i had a friendly chat with a man in charge of audits for ncsreporting, he was kind enough to let me know in advance that i needed to pull out all my ppc american express terms, as amex is doing an audit and doesnt like competition, Oh yeah they want affiliates but they dont want to compete with affiliates they want the whole pay per click to themselves.. so out of having to.. i took of my ppc, im gonna feel that next month, i then asked..well what about chase and discover do they not want affiliates using pay per click to promote them? he said, they seem to be ok for now... for now? well so when chase and discover feels the heat of affiliate will they to turn and request all affiliates pull their ppc campaigns too... seems to me a catch 20, they want to be promoted but they dont want you to make money lol... so where ppc was good for me i think i will be going back to good ol search engine strategies out of having too... pity... I wonder how many other merchants want affiliates but dont want competition...

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    All those 3rd party, so called professional affiliate management firms hawking major merchants, charge the merchant budgets for SEO/SEM and PPCSE campaign management. Between endorsing every BHO to come down the pike, employing known diversion tactic skills, e-mail cookie overwriting post sales campaigns, these firms have no time or pity for small fry affiliates.

To my knowledge there are only 3 major brand merchants who actually employ inhouse AM's. Overstock, IBM and Tiger Direct. All others employ the IAB/DMA membership pimps. Would be a nice move to post here the other major brand merchants who actually have employees who operate their affiliate programs.

In my Safe Haven network model I strip away all conversion ratio killing diversion tactics, all revenue to BHO's and all cookie killing popup blockers and Norton blanking affiliate links. Would be nice for a change to see what the real conversion ratios are for the merchants on targeted affiliate traffic as it would be impossible to not report every completed sale.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

what the hell are you going on about LOL... i couldnt understand a word you said... using lots of jargon... it was like listening to hicks from king fo the hill

I just have this to say about American Express:

LEAVE HOME WITHOUT IT!

Andy

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Lasthope ..my comments were directed at those capable of understanding them. You cannot hold 3rd party hired gun AM firms responsible for the actual merchant's stance on any controversial subject. They have their own adjenda on any announcements to the affiliate sheeple and only directly converse with affiliate Super/Dupers and major players like the BHO's. They never post on affiliate member boards like ABW with pro-active AM's as it exposes them to well deserved criticism.

The Safe Haven network comment is not just wishful thinking on my part to cure the evils of the existing affiliate network models. It is a direct threat to those running the affiliate programs, like American Express, who seek to protect those who really have a handle on how to drain the Ad budgets of this major brand merchant. Those forces require the affiliate sheeple get muzzled from SEO/SEM trademark and overall CC keyword marketing. The same forces have control of the CPM Ads -e-mailers and those non domain bound Credit Card BHO contextual popup Ads.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

ABW Ambassador
    So American Express is on the Dark Side of The Force

I'll give you one good reason why you'll never see the biggest brands post in affiliate marketing forums. Because they are not dependent on affiliates for their success. Consider some facts. Online retail sales account for just 2% off all retail sales. Out of that 2% of online retail sales, how much do you think is from affiliates? A drop. Most big brands merchants could drop their affiliate program and not feel a thing. Medium sized merchants or small merchants whose primary traffic comes from SE's or whose sales come mainly from affiliates, you're more likely to see them here. They need us, big brands don't.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Lasthope ..my comments were directed at those capable of understanding them. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mike: This line has a lot of possibilities ...

i still think its criminal lol.....

They want affiliates but dont want to meet us on the way up...

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread