Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    West Covina, CA
    Overstock: If Bill Passes "Could Terminate CA Affiliates With No Further Notice"
    email just received form Overstock:

Dear Affiliate: values your advertising efforts, and hopes to be in a position to continue our business connection for years to come. However, we are writing to inform you the California Senate has just voted on a bill that contains a provision similar to that attempted last year which may affect the business we do.

Similar to last year?s measure, which was vetoed by the Governor, this year?s bill is modeled on a bill first passed in New York. The legislation attempts to establish responsibility for collection of sales tax for out-of-state retailers if those out-of-state retailers use California-based affiliate advertisers.

While we hope it does not become law, since the California bill may be moving quickly, we may not have much advance notice before the law is implemented, and therefore this letter is notice that if the law passes, termination of services could occur without further notice to you. We will, however, try to provide advance notice if circumstances allow.

Again, values your advertising efforts and is hopeful that, like other states recently examining and rejecting this legislation, California will again see that this bill is bad for business and bad for California.

Jonathan E. Johnson III
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, theres no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

I'm including a copy of the letter in all my emails to the legislators. Hopefully they'll realize that just because the bill says it will generate $100 million, that won't materialize when retailers bail.
    Your Ad Here.

Its Already Done...Overstock Sent Out Termination Notices Already
    Had a termination notice in my email from Overstock and . I'm sure others will follow shortly....

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread