from extended to 0
    hello.
    I'm newbie in affiliate business and have account only in CJ.
    I'm trying to do my best to attract customers, but for 243 clicks from mid of december i had only 1 sale. Theme is shoes. This sale was with ShoeBuy, which is paying really good fees (17%). So, in CJ's report I saw my earnings 4.75$
    But lately ShoeBuy put it to Extended period and at the end of January this earnings became 0. They didn't put them in lock =(((

What can be the reason for extended?

ABW Ambassador
    The shoes were probably returned. That happens a lot with shoes, very high return rate, and this results in a very high reversal rate.

You need thousands of visitors before you will see any decent results with shoe merchants.

17% may seem like a great commission (and it can be) but when you factor in the high reversals, then it isn't always as good as it seems.

thx for answer julian!

I changed affiliate program from CJ to Amazon. Of course, it pays really small % (I'm now on 6%). But from mid January till now I generated 12 sales with Amazon.
    For me it seems pretty weird. The quality of traffic the same (Bing and Yahoo). Google not on hurry to index my site, but I hope that it will happen

The name "Amazon" may be converting a little better than "ShoeBuy" because EVERYONE knows the Amazon name. If you promote Amazon's "Endless" brand of shoes you can earn up to 15%. Just keep in mind that there are a LOT of returns with shoes - and the fact that shoes are a very competitive niche.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Half a Bubble Off Plumb RemodelingGuy's Avatar
    I understand that Zappos has a pretty good shoe program..

Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )
    StartRemodeling.com .... MySprinklerGuy.com .... MyGarageGuy.com ....
    We're Bettering YOUR Life by Improving Where YOU Live It ...
    Do What You LOVE & LOVE What You Do! ....

thanks Bill
    I didn't look at Endless, but now start to observe it.

I understand that shoes is complex theme for newbie affiliate, but I have good domain, which attract all traffic (20-30 unique visitors/day) and it helps me... Whatever, I was surprised that people buy shoes online and I'm happy with this fact. And I'm not surprised that it has so big % of returns, 'cause this is SHOES. People even spend a lot of time in offline when they r trying to buy it.

Another question from newbie: I have another domain BRANDStore.com, where brand could be any apparel brand such as D&G, Gucci, Versace, etc. It still undeveloped. I'm gonna develop it with Amazon affiliate. What the chance that Brand will try to take away domain from me? 'cause imho I hel them to sell their goods.

I wouldn't put much (if any) effort into creating a {BRAND}Store.com site, as the brand could take the domain name from you in a heartbeat. Most big companies are very protective of their trademarks.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread