OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Comprehensive affiliate contact for program violations and follow-up
    1. Contact affiliate with policy violation, clearly state the violation and include a link to the network listed Terms & Conditions of the program.
    2. Set commission to zero for affiliate until the violation has been rectified.
    3. If affiliate fails to respond in two business days, affiliate will be terminated and a network complaince complant filed.
    4. If affiliate replies and has met compliance then it is the affiliate managers decision to restore commission rate and credit commissions. Or affiliate manager may decide to terminate relatoinship in which case they will notify affiliate of decision.
    5. If the affiliate complies and affiliate manager continues relationship, the network complaint is resended.

There has been a lively conversation about an affiliate not being properly contacted in regards to program violations. In this example I jumped the gun and removed an affiliate for a 2nd strike. The affiliate was not in violation of the program policy as it had not been completely updated in the network. Here is the link to the original thread: http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?p=1000330

I have started a list of procedure that we can debate. As we come up with better ideas I will update this list until we define a Best Practice for affiliate managers. Also, affiliate can use the post to point to affiliate managers when they feel they have been terminated without proper notification.

Here's an example of a current situation. Found an affiliate trademark poaching today in violations of the same program. This is a second offense. I am going to deactivate the affiliate from this and all programs plus file a network complaint. Counter to the afore mentioned thread I will notify the affiliate of the second offense and that they are being deactivated.

Found another one, send the Cease and Desist. The email from the network bounced.

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread