multilanguage records and unicode
    Hi,

I have an access database with multilanguage records (names in arabic, russian, japanese etc.). Once exported into a text file, does Webmerge support multilanguage processing using the same template file?
    I noticed that the webmerge 2.5 field unicode option requires to select one specific language. What if I have several different languages in the same text file? Is there a "All languages" unicode option?
    Is there any work around?

Cheers,

FF

Affiliate Manager
    The Unicode implementation in v2.5 has issues, and we're revising it in v2.6. Unicode is a sticky beast for a Latin ISO-8859-1-based system like WebMerge, which is a big part of why v2.6 is taking so long.

While we expect to have decent support for a wide range of left-to-right languages, handling right-to-left languages like Arabic may be too difficult to implement in this next version. We have an engineer working on that, but support for right-to-left languages will likely have to be delivered further down the road so we don't have any further holdups for getting v2.6 into our customers' hands.

If this limitation of left-to-right languages will still meet at least some of your needs and you'd be willing to help test, please feel free to drop me an email at webMerge@fourthworld.com and I'll hook you up with an early build so you can tell is where we went wrong.

If you can include a couple Unicode sources as examples we can test with even better. The more test cases we can gather the better. Please attach as a Zip archive if you send them, as some email clients alter text attachments. Thanks.
    Richard Gaskin
    Developer of WebMerge: Publish any data feed on any site
    http://www.fourthworld.com

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread