Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    H&R Block At Home (formerly TaxCut)
    I have used TaxCut for the past several years. I plan on purchasing it again for my 2009 taxes, but seem to be confused on the eFile.

I live in NC so I will have to do state income taxes well and eFile those. On Amazon, you can purchase H&R Block At Home 2009 Deluxe Federal + State + eFile for $34.99, which includes 5 Free federal eFiles but does not include a Free state eFile.

One of the reviewers on Amazon tried to download the state software after buying from Amazon and they tried to charge him $29.95 even though the box states + State. It sounds like it took a supervisor to resolve this problem so he could download the state software.

So if I buy from Amazon, it's $34.99 + $19.95 (to eFile state) + $29.95 (possibly?)

If I buy from H&R Block, it's $44.95 + $19.95 (to eFile state).

I heard some states don't charge you to eFile, but H&R Block always charges the $19.95 fee. I still believe that TaxCut or whatever it's called now is cheaper than TurboTax.

Any input?

i just use the online version of turbotax, don't actually buy the software. i have to file 2 separate fed and 2 state returns. it probably costs more, but to me is just easier to go to their site and do them, and then efile. quick and easy, takes about 4 hours total to do all 4 returns. efile is included in the cost of preparing the taxes. i may check out the online versions of the other services this year to see if they are cheaper.

Not to derail the thread -- but has anyone tried TaxAct's online stuff? I've seen it and been meaning to give it a try.
    Generate more fake news.

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread