Hi all, I've been debating whether to take some of my dropshipping sites and make Spanish versions of them. I was wondering whether people have had success with Spanish sites aimed at the American market. Also, where would I go to find the best Spanish keywords? To the best of my knowledge, wordtracker won't work for this.

thanks, Dave

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Also, where would I go to find the best Spanish keywords? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just translate to Spanish. If you sell shoes you sell zapatas. etc etc etc.

I do wish more merchants would set up mirror sites en Espanol. The market is there, at least for products that people need.

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    &gt; I do wish more merchants would set up mirror sites en Espanol. The market is there, at least for products that people need.

I agree. Especially if you speak spanish fluently and can help with the sites. Not easy if you only have english speaking merchants that do not have spanish AM or site developers. you practically have to have to different division in order to do it correctly.

&gt; Spanish sites aimed at the American market

This is something that will be great for many merchants if they can accomplish it. Remember Online Marketing means any where in the world so targeting USA only might not be the most effective since part of the world like spain, cuba, mexico, venezuela, and many others will be online rapidly in the next few years.

However I think don't just make mirror sites but actual sites with products and services targeted to those markets.

It's not easy and might not be a success for every merchant but testing and testing is the key.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chief_Beef_aka_Fy_Dolla:

Just translate to Spanish. If you sell shoes you sell zapatas. etc etc etc.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really wrong on the pure translate strategy...
    You will be missing out of formal and out of small results in translation...

Zapatas??? I have never heard that word...
    Did you mean Zapatillas? Zapatxx? Zapaxx? Calzaxx? Botxx? Borzegxx? Borcexx? Brozeguixx? Zandalixx? Sandalixx? Sandalxx? Hawaianxx? Havaianxx? Botxx? Alpargatxx? Mocasinxx? Mocazinxx?

xx-ed worxx to protexx them from massixx SE spammixx
    Fer(nando) - US & EU Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    Point missed on a technicality I guess. Perhaps I menat "zapatos". :P

If you want to sell Blue Widgets to the Spanish-Speaking market, then translate "blue widgets" to Spanish. This is what you need to do.

Some of my resellers websites are in very heavy populated latin area markets and I would like to help out by possibly turning their websites over to spanish versions if possible so they can market my cell phone services to their customers. Does anyone know of where that website is that converts other websites over to a spanish version in a matter of the click of the button for free?

Thanks for the help,
    Kevin - GO WIRELESS

Hi,

Such a tool does not exist. I would suggest that you stay away from those translators.

In terms of the Hispanic/Latino market you are against extremely heavy competition example: Puerto Rico - www.zonai.com - 25 million unique visitors per month. Two years back when I was speaking with the then president of the network (zonai is one of 4 or 5 properties within the network) they were generating $186,000 per month and still losing money!.

In any case, my suggestion to you is that you stay away from the "magic" online translators.
    A. Gil de Lamadrid
    eCommerce Manager
    Consumers Interstate Corporation

[QUOTE]
    Zapatas??? I have never heard that word...
    Did you mean Zapatillas? Zapatxx? Zapaxx? Calzaxx? Botxx? Borzegxx? Borcexx? Brozeguixx? Zandalixx? Sandalixx? Sandalxx? Hawaianxx? Havaianxx? Botxx? Alpargatxx? Mocasinxx? Mocazinxx?QUOTE]

Or maybe Zapatista? http://www.ezln.org/

Oops, forgot to add. Helped Outpost.com translate their site into 8 languages back in 96/97. Within the year 1/2 of their monthly sales came in from overseas. The bulk of which came from Japan.

Good luck.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread