ABW Ambassador
    Network Feedback: Payments
    We're going to try something and see how it goes. Each week we will pick a new topic about the networks and get input from affiliates. What you like and dislike about it, what can be improved on etc. This week is Payments.

Now recently I've been finally getting with the times and getting everything switched over to Direct Deposit but with checks, my experience have been:

The best for me has been SAS and CJ. Get paid once a month and on time, never had a problem.

Ebay, I've been getting paid via Paypal. Great, no problem there.

Amazon, I've been getting paid via gift certificate. No problem there. Got my first direct deposit the other day.

Linkshare, GAN, I get paid as well.

Basically, not having problems getting paid.

I'm fine with getting paid once a month. GAN used to do 2x a month until using Adsense. Linkshare is 2x a month.

So what do you think can be improved on, if anything as far as payment?

LinkShare is actually weekly, but not until after the merchant pays them so it tends to take longer.

I love getting paid monthly on the 20th, like at SAS and CJ.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I like the fact that Linkshare pays often and without a minimum.

SAS charges Canadian's $5.50 to use Direct Deposit they are the only network that's discriminates Canadian affiliates that I work with by charging an extra fee. I know your not suppose to say any thing bad about SAS at ABW but I have posted about this several times and SAS ignore my post. I guess they do not care about non US affiliates.
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

Do Canadian banks charge SAS a fee for the direct deposit?

I do not know, you would have to ask SAS that question but they are the only networking who want to charge me.
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

KSE: It's not true that you can't criticize SAS here. They are here to respond if need be. It is true that they are held in high regard by many here, but they are not beyond reproach. In a forum environment, no one is. Forums exist to discuss issues publicly that people feel need discussing.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

GAN and Amazon take forever to pay their affiliates. It puts a real strain on marketers that drive traffic to their own websites via PPC. If I want to grow my business in a rapid manner, I've got to secure huge lines of credit to make up for NET-90 payment terms.

GAN in particular hacks me off. They pay you, then the money sits in your adsense account for another 30 days. Hello! That makes no sense whatsoever. The wait period with the merchant has already expired. The adsense 30 day wait period was for adsense derived revenue, not for affiliate commissions... It makes no sense.
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

ABW Ambassador
    I know with Amazon, what I made in December, I just got paid last couple of days. So within 60 days of the close of a month. January would have been nicer but I'm ok with the setup. Anything longer tho, that needs work.

Affiliate Manager affiliateaholic's Avatar
    Exclamation
    But payment is not so friendly to Asia affiliates by check, it will take 2 month or so to get the commission.

If they get paid via Paypal, a high charge result. Torture

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by affiliateaholic
    But payment is not so friendly to Asia affiliates by check, it will take 2 month or so to get the commission.

If they get paid via Paypal, a high charge result. Torture
    What's the best way to pay affiliates in Asia? Or a more general question, for affiliates not in the United States, what's your preferred method of payment or is there a method you would like to see networks have, that they might not have now?

The extra float time between GAN/Adsense is pretty ridiculous but ain't nothing anybody can do to make that get any better. They're not going to trip over themselves looking for an efficient way to lose an extra month's interest on millions of dollars.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread