lower commission offer extended?
    I am just wondering when a merchant at CJ extend lower commission offer when renewing the program terms - do they do it for the whole program or on case by case basis? Example would be having higher commission set for affiliate who have not joined yet and lowing it shortly after they joined.

I would like to be sure I am not doing anything stupid blindly accepting every renewal offer. Honest answer from really experienced CJ affiliate would be greatly appreciated.

ABW Ambassador
    "I would like to be sure I am not doing anything stupid blindly accepting every renewal offer."

You eventually get moved on over to those new offers anyway so....... I forget how long before they do that.

I am not sure it is always like that. As per CJ knowledge base:
    If an advertiser replaces a program term that includes the same Special Terms and Conditions (Special T&Cs) associated with that term (if they exist), the system automatically moves the publisher into the new program term after 7 days. However, if an advertiser replaces a program term and replaces the Special T&Cs associated with that term, the publisher must accept the new program terms within 7 days in the Pending Offers area; otherwise the system removes the publisher from the Advertiser’s program and the terms are no longer active. Once a publisher accepts program terms for replacement, they can review them in the CJ Account Manager.
    Also I had couple of programs become "Publisher Expired" when I did not bother to login and check for a month.

However, are you saying that all program changes are always across the board and advertisers at CJ do not have ability to send different program terms to different affiliates? thanks

Getting moved over depends. If there is a T&C change, you must accept, otherwise you get removed when the current term ends.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador
    Oh no, you're right. I guess with Special Terms you should do that so you don't get expired. Some are across the board, probably most. But some aren't. I've not been the best with that, I usually just let it roll over but can't recall any problems I've had doing it that way.

"I would like to be sure I am not doing anything stupid blindly accepting every renewal offer."

But with that, if you don't accept then you basically get dropped. Really not much choice.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread