How to Get Your Deactivated GAN Account Back on Track
    I was shocked when late last year I have known that my test affiliate account at GAN was deactivated around October.

Take note:
    I have known about the deactivation right after another AM checked it for me. That means, no notice at all from GAN.

To remedy the problem right away, I had to email affiliatesupport@google.com to check on my account status and have known that my account was deactivated because it doesn't go with an existing/active AdSense account.

In order to get my test account back, I had to sign up for a new AdSense account. To my surprise, all of the email addresses I use weren't accepted because of the reason that there's already an existing AdSense account that goes with them! Huh?! And I won't be allowed -- as in never ever -- to create a new account just because I have an existing AdSense account.

I tried to re-set password for such existing AdSense account that I can't even remember but I couldn't do it because the email address with the instruction on how to re-set password is sent to the yahoo email address and not to the gmail address I used for my GAN test account. Is it really this difficult?

And since I have no other way how to access my Yahoo email address associated with that AdSense, I went back to Google Support team. Without much ado, they were able to trace back the email address associated with my AdSense.

Knowing the Yahoo email, I was able to re-set my AdSense password, and finally I'm ready to have my previously deactivated GAN test account back. Unfortunately, I can't have it back anymore because I have to create a new one

And now, after months of working on this, I'm back with a new test account and had to start from square one...sigh...

QUESTION to GAN:

Why do you really require all affiliates to have an account associated to an existing AdSense account?

Ah, Jacqui... You have stumbled upon one of the first great mysteries of the 21st Century.

The forward/customer facing answer is that they are consolidating payment methods.

But do some reading here and you'll find they have caused an undue stress on many affiliates with this change, and as a result, their merchants are unable to partner with many, many quality affiliates.

I'll let GAN add to this answer. For now, it's the only one I have.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Thank you for the response Kevin.

I'd like to correct my previous post:
    GAN did send me an email informing me about the deactivation of my first test account not unless I have an existing AdSense account to go with it.

And since I ignored that email, I had all the trouble in getting everything back.

Dear GAN,

Please don't make it too difficult for us

What I would like to know is how to get payment from a deactivated account - Payment from the legacy system and earnings from before July 2009.

I have a feeling the reason Google consolidated payments was so they could defraud thousands of affiliates out of their hard earned commissions, by telling them that their earnings in the legacy system didn't hit the original $50 threshold knowing that now that all payments go to AdSense they'll never hit the $50 threshold. So Google can just steal that money that was orphaned in the legacy system from all their affiliates by just "changing payment systems" and "consolidating payments"?

I still havenít heard from anyone at Google or GAN about this or the fact that a Google employee said:

Regardless of whether or not your outstanding earnings in our legacy
    payment system meet our $50.00 minimum payout threshold, you WILL BE ISSUED
    these earnings once we receive payment from your Advertisers. The $50.00
    threshold does not apply to orphaned earnings in our legacy system, which
    will be paid out to you as soon as we receive payment from your Advertisers
    for those earnings.
    Obviously GAN has employees that know Google should not be trying to defraud their affiliates out of their earned commissions. Yet the only response I have got was that I did no reach the minimum payout threshold.

I have received several checks from CJ, Linkshare and Amazon always reports sales every month and pays on time, but I have NEVER received one single payment from Google. Google's whole business model depends on publishers for a large portion of their revenue, so why are they are trying to defraud hundreds, maybe thousands of publishers out of their earned commissions?

Why would any publisher want to work with Google and GAN knowing that at any time they can just "switch payment systems" and "consolidate payments" and defraud them out of the money they have already earned?

BTW, I never received the email saying my account would be deactivated and I know for a fact that I did not. But I went and created a new account and linked it with my existing account, because the only response I could get from GAN support about that was an auto-reply about having to reapply. That's ok, I did that and I'm willing to keep working with GAN, but I want payment for my earnings from the legacy system. Without any response from GAN I am being forced to take more aggressive action.

Google Affiliate Network Rep Google Affiliate Network Moderator's Avatar
    Hey Collosor,

Please contact me with your account info.

Thanks!

Jamie
    jamier@google.com

Have you tried contacting GAN Support, Colossor?

Quote Originally Posted by Google Affiliate Network Moderator
    Hey Collosor,

Please contact me with your account info.

Thanks!

Jamie
    jamier@google.com

I emailed you, affiliatesupport[at]google.com and affiliatepayment[at]google.com back on 2/10. You said you escalated it to the Publisher Manager. I have not received a reply back since then and that was over 2 weeks ago.

I appreciate your help, but I have tried to contact GAN support several times and since I have not received any response I am starting to think GAN is ignoring this issue and hoping it will just go away. I will resend my account information and I do appreciate your help, its just that someone from GAN needs to address this issue.

Google Affiliate Network Rep Google Affiliate Network Moderator's Avatar
    I understand, received your email and replied back. We'll see what we can do.

Have a good weekend!

Jamie

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread