Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    It seems that they enabled beta version [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

(I just saw a correction! A sale accepted but corrected to $0 amount! wow!)

Fer

Correct you are. I checked and they are up to date.

When you run a transaction report you will notice the new reporting by posting date. If you click on the Corrected column, you will see any transaction that have been corrected (partial corrections are now possible). Next click on the transaction ID to see detail on the transaction. If it was corrected, you can see when the original took place and when and why it was reversed.

Also, you can export the reports into XML, Excel and delimiterd formats now.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

Is this a Beta version of the report page that we are seeing todd?

ABW Ambassador
    Yep, reports are back, looking good so far.

Sales are everywhere, Sales are mine.

WOW, Some merchants which never performed are showing up.

The new Transactions interface Looks cool And So the update [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    I don't understand how this transaction has gone on for so long.
    Sale New event date 07/18/02 07:32:00 PM posting date 11/22/02 09:34:18 AM
    From July to Dec and its still new?
    Cazzie

The event date is when the sale occured on the advertiser site. The posting date is when it was entered into the CJ system. It looks like this was a batched transaction that occured a few months ago.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

I have a question. When we run a transaction report, why isn't it set to Transaction number by default?

The default is by posting date. This way you will always see additional transactions as they are entered into the CJ system - similar to a credit card statement.

I see what you are saying though. The default is by "transaction type" but I think the actual report should default to "posting date".

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

Todd,
    My report default is by 'Transaction type' It used to be by 'Transaction ID'

It defaults right now by type, it used to default by txn ID and it should (IMO) default by posting date.

I entered it as a bug.

Thanks.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

Todd,

Is this the permanent reports page? Man, I miss the days when we live in colors [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Todd,
    One more thing. There used to be a column indicating if a transaction was batched or not. Why is it gone?

It was removed. I think it was part of debloating the reporting. The difference between post and event date should allow you to see (or suspect) batched txns. You can also look this up on the advertiser detail page to see if it is batch or pixel.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

ABW Ambassador
    Talking of reporting,

Is it totally upto-date ? or there could be some changes done to it ?

From the way I see it, from the 5th to the 8th the stats seem to be very low...

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Regards
    Amit

It's about time I release version 1.0
    (Coming soon)

quote:
    From the way I see it, from the 5th to the 8th the stats seem to be very low...

You are looking at the "posting" dates. Since no transactions were posted during the scheduled downtime, it will appear that there is a gap. Try resorting by "event" date. You should see txns for the period 12/5 - 12/8.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

Todd,

I have several corrections today going back to October on one merchant. Are transactions no longer locked?

Allen Nance

Only October's "extended" txns would not be locked until the 10th of December. It has always been like this.

Advertisers have until the 10th of the following month to make corrections or extension for the previous month. If txns are extended, they have until the 10th of the next month to correct or pay. Extended txns cannot be extended a second time.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

ABW Ambassador
    whats the difference between "event date" and "posting date"

Also if a transaction is corrected, then it is marked in red ?

I checked and queried a transaction report based on event date and the total earnings = some figure

However my account balance (Header-Right hand side) of the page doesnt seem to have plused that amount...

How does this function then ?

And what happens to that amount ?

Regards
    Amit

(Coming soon)

quote:
    whats the difference between "event date" and "posting date"

Event date is went the txn occurred and posting date is when CJ processed the txn.

If an event took place on 12/8/02 17:35 it may not get posted until 12/8/02 17:38. If it were a batched txn from 11/4/02 13:05, it would not get posted until the day it was batched (i.e. today at 12/8/02 17:38).

Get it?

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

ABW Ambassador
    yep getting the hook of it...

But what about the account balance ?

When does that get updated ?

I tried the transaction report and the amount earned on the basis of "event date" and "Posted date" are the same

Hint : same transactions...

But the account balance hasn't been updated to that particular amount...

Would a certain action be neccessary on the merchant's part for the amount to show up in the "Top right (Account balance)

Regards
    Amit

(Coming soon)

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    It's going to take a bit of getting used to, having the reversals corrections show up on the day they're made (instead of having to dredge through the old transactions) but it should end up being easier.

But I do wish that there was still the old system for running new reports. As you know, there used to be those drop-downs and you could generate a new report without having to go back to the Get Reports section.

Having that "modify query" link going to the main screen adds an extra step and is a bit of a pain, IMO, and hopefully the old drop-down lists on the final report screen will return--either right away or in some future release.

It's nice that you retired the Ugly Red Bar. Too bad you couldn't retire what it stood for! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] Renaming what it stood for is a nice gesture, but...

It would be nice if the default sort was by event date (Not posting date), so the "corrections" on transactions from two months ago are all lined up in a row. When I first looked at the reports today, I thought one of my merchants had gone totally nuts--but when I sorted by "event" date it became clear that the reversals corrections were actually for some transactions that had been extended in Oct.

Other than that, it works, although the interface could be indeed be nicer to look at. Like wly said, it needs more color! It's too gray...

It's the most wonderful time of the year! ~From a "Golden Era" Christmas Song

I don't like the new transaction reports at all, with old transaction reversals mixed in with new sales. Is there any way I can get today's sales only like the old report.

I hate these new reports. I can't tell how much I've actually earned this month thanks to the snafu by footsmart and the huge reversal there I'm showing that I'm in the negative for the entire month when I view month to date.

The amount earned for the month on the front page only updates once a day. Today with all the reversals from merchants I had negative earnings for the day.

I want an easy way to go in and see how much I'm owed month to date without all the crap.

Heidi
    Fit2a-t - Make Money Selling T-Shirts From Your Site!!

Try running a txn report for November. Save it in Excel. Then run a report for December and save it to Excel. If you were paid in November, these two reports should contain all of you txns and you should be able to balance your account just like you would your checking account or credit card statement.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast